robbo
Years ago

SOS acknowledgement at first game?

I am getting very excited now season is close as we all are, what do you guys think ofsome sort of intro of SOS to the crowd before first game. Was impressed Sunday, SOS directed me in car park, SOS directed me to correct ticket booth, SOS on the ticket entrance. Not only have they put in to save our club but are in there doing it themselves as well. Wouldn't it be nice to see them and have the chance to thank them before the first game we never thought we would have.
Thoughts ??

Topic #21010 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"So when you're near me, darling can't you hear me SOS?"

Sorry 'bout that, can't resist ABBA, particularly on a Karoake machine at 1 am in the morning.

Yes, yes, yes.

The SOS should be thanked at every opportunity

Reply #249629 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I told Mark Lewis when he took my money that he was a legend. He just laughed it off as it's humbling and he's simply doing basketball fans a favour, saving the club and showing loyalty. Keeping the legacy and basketball alive I should say.

Definitely good to see them all assisting in some sort of capacity. I noticed Marcus Ng helping out with the season tickets.

Reply #249631 | Report this post

boom  
Years ago

yeah get them out on the court for a standing ovation at the start of the first home game!!! if not for them there would be no game at all!!

Reply #249647 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

As much as this would be a nice gesture I think you will find that they understand that the players and the game is bigger than them. I think thanking them personally and supporting them any chance you get with their other business ventures would be gratitude enough.

Reply #249651 | Report this post

No pea  
Years ago

Well said Brad. I don't think they are the type that will walk onto the court to take a round of applause.

I'm betting none of them are the type to sit at the end of the bench looking like fat idiots either.

Well done SOS. Support them by encouraging as many people as you can to come along..

Reply #249665 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

I think you will find that the members of SOS will be introduced before the start of the first game. They will want people to come up to them and offer comments and suggestions so we can make the dome the best (and worst for the opposition) in the nation and to do that everyone needs to know who they are.

Reply #249677 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

I very much doubt that the SOS guys will introduce themselves to the stadium at the start of the game - from the interactions I've had with them, they aren't that kind of group. I agree with Brad, they know the game is bigger than them.

I do think they will look to engage with the crowd whenever they can though - I do know that they all have their own seats in different parts of the stadium, and are all happy to have a chat with anyone.

Reply #249773 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:48 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754