Isaac
Years ago

Positives from the Cairns loss

Not a massive list given the disappointing result and that most of us didn't see the game and can only go by the stats, but still:

Gilchrist is a legit contributor and a quality find. Had 20 points and not much of that was as a result of getting to the line though he drew six fouls.

Won the boards and particularly the offensive boards.

Burston had a great start - 11 and 15, presumably off the bench?

Ballinger won't have a night like that again in a hurry.

Holmes was efficient with his scoring.

Topic #21126 | Report this topic

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Well, as Boti says in his article today, Gilchrist was passing we just weren't hitting shots. We were under 25% on 3s and we shot more than 20! we certainly did an Orlando and died by the 3.

Just imagine if Groves and Ballinger had more productive games - we would've pushed them right until the end.

Reply #250951 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

Darren Ng with cramping problems again. Had the same trouble when he was with the 36er's last time. He's a medico. Maybe he should do a bit of research into magnesium.

Reply #250954 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

First laugh of the week goes to raytri! :)

Reply #250955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it's 5 fouls and out now.

Reply #250956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it is five fouls goes with the 40 min game

Reply #250958 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He drew six fouls - i.e., on other people...

Reply #250959 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Do you foul out on 5 fouls now then??

Reply #250960 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

The ref signals a foul on the player, the crowd will cheer or boo (depending on which team they support), the player looks stunned and the music man plays "hit the road Jack". Fifth foul
Sorry Skip

Reply #250961 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, five fouls and out. Which is why the talk of "We're still going to play our stars 32-36 MPG" might be a bit premature - few quick fouls will take them out of the game and might take a while to adjust to that.

Reply #250967 | Report this post

boom  
Years ago

a positive is that i dont need to get my hopes up this year and have them crushed, as they are clearly not a contender!!

Reply #250971 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

gilchrist looks legit,his game is a bit like r.grace.
burston played well and still has upside to his game,if he can stay out of the injured column.
holmes had his usual solid game but seems to drift in and out,mental thing or maybe the teams offence doesnt work to his strengths.

groves......his body language towards players and coaches is terrible,seems like it needs to be all cortez's way or his bottom lip drops.

cairns did a pretty good job all round,skip mills gets my thumbs up now,showed good leadership under the pump.
i think they will ambush perth this week,also grabau is back to help them defensively.

Reply #250973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gilchrist's numbers were good but although giving a good shot at penetrating the basket, he never made it all the way. I can't see he will have much success with this as he will be shut out every time. He will be much more effective passing off the ball providing the person he passes to hits the shot. Not much good getting the rebounds and then can't do anything with it.

Reply #251036 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Anon do you mean someone was able to stay with him 1 on 1 (if so who?)or was there help to shut him down.
How come Burston didn't get more touches on offense?

Reply #251042 | Report this post

Who, what, where  
Years ago

The positive in the loss was that it wasn't at the Dome!

Reply #251087 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:56 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754