Isaac
Years ago

Crocs vs Blaze, Oct 16

Blaze paying $3.80 at Centrebet and the line is at -8 to the home team. After seeing off Melbourne with a flurry at the end, do you give Gold Coast a chance up in Townsville or will the tendency towards home wins continue?

I like the Blaze team on paper, but not too many are convinced that they're at all legit at this point.

What's your tip? I think the Crocs will be too strong at home, blowing out to a 15-20 point win.

Topic #21304 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

It is an interesting one. I don't think Blaze should be priced so high as they got a chance to win it. If they can contain Williams then they have a very good chance. Townsville is missing Cedar so they aren't as good whilst Blaze do have a loaded roster that just need to work as a team. Also their new import seems to be doing quite well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blaze stole this one but I will say Crocs by under 8.

Also the Sixers have heaps high odds to win against Perth. While Perth will be good at home if Burston plays i dont think its out of the question for the Sixers to win. Sadly if Burston doesn't play we will have no one to guard Schenscher.

Reply #253075 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Blaze at 3.80.... get me a piece of that!!!

If Gibbo can contain Williams teh Blaze should continue the momentum from Wednesday night and get the win.

Hopefully Vanderjagt has gained some confidence from his last 2 games and continue ti improve as well.

Reply #253076 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Great odds! Blaze for me.

Reply #253077 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

anyone got much experience with this Rivus TV thing? I have got it running but cant get it to go full screen? any ideas appreciated

Reply #253080 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Statman, copy the url and paste it in a window that is already full screen. You may have to log in again, but youll get full screen.

Reply #253082 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I had no problems last week getting Rivus to go full screen - not in for tonights game.

Thought long and hard about the Blaze and like Isaac they are appealing on paper. Just can't see them controlling Homicide and question the Blazes defensive efforts.
Bring on a shoot out with the Crocs shooting much better 10+ Crocs.

Reply #253083 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The Blaze have Harvey, Goulding, Maxey, Ubaka and Van der Jagt who are our average defensively, and they run far too much pick and roll considering they dont have a star guard who can create off it consistently.

They arent a playoff team as they stand. If the defence improves and they run more offence through their forwards they can become dangerous.

Having said all that, they are well and truly in this game because the Crocs can go cold very quickly. Gee they look good so far, and if they had hit their open shots the game would be over.

Reply #253084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Half-time: Townsville 54 - Gold Coast 40.
Williams 17 on 8-11 FG, Crawford 13, Williamson 8.
Ubaka 9, Maxey 7, Goulding 6. Looks like a blow-out for the home side.

Reply #253085 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Thanks Paul, working fine now - much appreciated

Reply #253086 | Report this post

Draftexpress  
Years ago

Blaze making a late push

Reply #253088 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

I got the rivus thing going... there was a button in the bottom corner of the window.

Geez was pretty good for internet video! To have commentary as well!

Are all the games gonna be on the net?

Reply #253090 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

quite a few yep. Next one is Perth v Adelaide tomorrow night

Reply #253091 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw- A free cheeseburger for all - as Homicide puts up 37points.

Reply #253092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Townsville 101 - Gold Coast 91.
Crocodiles blew them out then let the Blaze back in it only too see Williams put them away again.

Ubaka 21, 9-11 FT.
Williams 37, 6 and 4 assists. Player of the week

Reply #253094 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Well I would love player of the week to be in the Perth v Adelaide game, because to top that would have to be a pretty special performance.

Reply #253095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Blaze are so over-rated. I dont see them being a playoff team this year.

Reply #253097 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Pretty happy with Williams as my FNBL captain this week!

Reply #253099 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

FFS this is the type of shit that makes you want to jump on the court and stand in front of Homicide yourself. Couldn't possibly be this hard. Poor effort Gibbo and Chewy.

Reply #253102 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

Difficult to stop him coz he carries the ball to get around people and it never gets called.
He finishes nicely in traffic and at speed but i dont rate his ball handling at all and it should be called.

Reply #253105 | Report this post

Djrod  
Years ago

I've been thinking the same thing about Homicide... How does he get to the hole so easily? Speed? First step? Strength? Left or right?

I think he has it all! And he finishes in traffic with both hands. AND when he knocks down J's ya may aswell go home - even freethrows. He banked 3 j's tonight and I still not convinced he called bank for each one ;)

he spoke after the game about the crop of PGs this year and wanting to bust their asses... Audio and video of the press conference are on the crocs website under the CROC NATION menu. (I would put a link but I'm on my iPhone)

Reply #253112 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

37 points against Mr Defensive player of the year last season! That's why I think Gibson is very over rated in this department. Sure he could guard people like Bruce but who couldn't.

Reply #253125 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Agree about Gibson not being nearly as effective against the better pgs, although the Dragons shut Williams down pretty well in last year's playoffs.

Williams has not been super against the leagues better defences, but the way the game is being called this year, how can you guard a good penetrator? They drive and jump into the defenders body and get a call nearly every time they do it.

Reply #253128 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Good call paul.

I'm looking forward to the McKee matchup.

Reply #253165 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:28 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754