LC
Years ago

Row over Jordan Jr's shoes...

A row has erupted in the US over the basketball shoes Michael Jordan's son will wear at the University of Central Florida could cost the school as much as $US3 million ($A3.23 million).

Marcus Jordan is refusing to wear the Adidas branded shoes as he wants to wear his father's Nike Air Jordan shoes. Adidas has a contract for 6 years to supply all athletic attire for coaches and athletes at the school.

What would you do?

Herald-Sun: http://linky.com.au/3p30z

Topic #21370 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

I agree with him , Jay's all day!!!
Dad/Nike should pick up tha tab

Reply #254046 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Honour the deal and wear Adidas or change to a school with a Nike contract.

Reply #254048 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Suck it up, sunshine.

The school has the right to put in place any endorsement/agreements they want.

The kids, as amateurs have absolutely to right to get involved.

Do what you are told or change schools.

Side question.....anyone know if the kid is any good?

Reply #254059 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

No idea Dicko...

He sigend to a school with an existing Adidas contract...he should wear Adidas IMO.

Reply #254069 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

I do see it from his point tho, I wouldn't want to wear adidas either.

Reply #254079 | Report this post

Confused  
Years ago

What is the consensus as to the correct way to pronounce the brand in Australia?

Is it Ah-dee-dass
or Add-id-ass?

Reply #254090 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Jay's all day fullstop

Reply #254101 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

It's Ad-de-dass

They are one of our major sponsors....we had the guy in here the other day.

Reply #254102 | Report this post

KEVY47  
Years ago

Im with Jr.

I wouldn't wear Adidas either, even if they were free.

For me, it's like the old "i'd rather push a holden than drive a ford" theory

Reply #254105 | Report this post

30 Rock  
Years ago

The kid should quit and take up baseball.

Seriously the kid needs to realise his old man made the money and not him. We buy Nikes because of his Dad and not because of something that came out of his Dads knob.

Reply #254120 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Looks like a failure by both the school and the kid.
Surely it was made clear up front that the school had a sposorship and he would be wearing what he was told.
If he had a problem he shouldn't have signed.

And it's not jsut shoes. LC says the contract is to supply shoes and clothing. Is he wearing Adidas apparel and Nike shoes?

.... Unless its a new contract that was signed after the kid signed?

Its dumb anyway - why would he want to attract even MORE attention to himself when there's no way he will be able to emulate his father's feats.

Reply #254125 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"Its dumb anyway - why would he want to attract even MORE attention to himself when there's no way he will be able to emulate his father's feats."

And that is it in a nutshell.....you would think if he was good enough, he'd just shutup and get on with it.

Big footsteps to follow in, though.

Reply #254130 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

At least we know MJ is his (real) dad - the acorn rarely falls far from the oak.

Storm in a teacup. BTW what is wrong with Adidas shoe's (i am wondering)??? I'd understand if it was Fila's though...

Reply #254154 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Or you could do what F 1 did in the days when some countries disallowed tobacco ads on cars - tear off all incriminating symbols and replace with blotches or the team name instead... Not ideal - but would work ("Special meaning to the family..." pffft)...

Reply #254156 | Report this post

MadeInThe'Laide  
Years ago

"We buy Nikes because of his Dad and not because of something that came out of his Dads knob."

I want this on a TShirt :)

Reply #254157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or he could wear Adidas just like his dad did in College.

Reply #254163 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

on a side note, how awesome would it be if we could get him down here in the NBL? it would do wonders for exposure, and not to mention his dad coming down to visit!

Reply #254164 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

In my day we all wore Dunlop Volleys. JR needs to get with the program.....

Reply #254203 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

this is stupid if UCF is going to fork out $3m for a bench warmer

Reply #254490 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

More comes to light...

As a result of Jordan Jr wearing Jordan branded shoes, UCF will not be sponsored by Adidas in future. As they are in the final year of a 5 year contract, it could cost the University big-time unless Nike and their Jordan brand step up to help fill the void...which is likely IMO

ESPN: http://linky.com.au/0rwqh

"A fight over the shoes Michael Jordan's son will wear at the University of Central Florida has cost the school any future sponsorship with adidas.

"The University of Central Florida has chosen not to deliver on their contractual commitment to adidas," adidas spokeswoman Andrea Corso wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "As a result we have chosen not to continue our relationship with them moving forward."

Reply #255795 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:44 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754