Southern
Years ago

Morphett Vale Stadium Redevelopment starts

Taken from BSA website.

The courts are planned to be opened early February and internal building works completed by mid-February 2010. The major upgrade includes the following:

· Four new FIBA regulation sprung courts

· New Administration Offices for Basketball SA and the Southern Tigers Basketball Association

· New Reception

· New Bar and Canteen

· New Disabled Toilet; and

· New Entrance

The final result for the project will be a four court stadium with brand new courts (akin to those at Pasadena Stadium) and a new entrance and internal design that will transform the facility and make it far more attractive and efficient.

Great for Basketball and Southern.

Topic #21748 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Hopefully not too akin to those at Pasadena. Still great news for local basketball.

Reply #259275 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

No new changerooms? I hate to be a Negative Nancy, but those changerooms barely held an u/10 girls team, let alone an ABA squad

Reply #259279 | Report this post

Ranga  
Years ago

Dr are you kidding because they are better than Pasadena, Hillcrest, Marion, Mars.

Hopefully they will change the stadium around a bit so u are able to watch games from the Bar. Like so many stadiums in Vic.

Reply #259282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If anyone needs their changerooms updated to fit people in it, it's the ones at Marion!!

Reply #259294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you have your change rooms confused between Morphett Vale and Marion.

The MV change rooms are a great size, but need a clean up.

Reply #259295 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

No, MV are small as well. Marion and Hillcrest are worse, but they aren't having a major renovation.

Reply #259298 | Report this post

KAJ123  
Years ago

I dont see how they will be finished mid feb 2010 I would have thought more like mid feb 2011 - its Xmas what tradies work over christmas!!!

Reply #259304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed. A huge job and would be surprised to see them open before June

Reply #259305 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

KAJ123, as I'm quickly learning (new house completion date just got put back two months!), none. Wonder if there's an opportunity out there for a network of contractors to pick up business working over Dec-Jan and instead taking their holidays at another time?

Reply #259309 | Report this post

Chippy  
Years ago

It's probably not all the fault of the tradies - many building supply companies also close or provide a reduced service over the holiday season. So even if the tradies are able to work, they may not be able to get timber milled or debris dumped etc.

Reply #259316 | Report this post

S@@  
Years ago

Will any of this work result in new rings and backboards?

Reply #259318 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Chippy - one of our hold-ups is a guy needing to measure up for a shower screen. On holiday for a month or something like that. Painful to have the schedule thrown out by 1-2 months because of it.

Reply #259319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac I can install the shower screen straight away. I wont even charge extra for the peep holes and hidden camera attachments!

Reply #259321 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

^^^^

Trying hard not to think too much about that.

Reply #259323 | Report this post

Modern Girl  
Years ago

Ranga, or like the bars already at Forestville, North Adelaide, West Adelaide & Pasadena!

Reply #259326 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

And MARS, except you can't get a beer there anymore!

Reply #259351 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

The courts are planned to be opened early February and internal building works completed by mid-February 2010.

A quick check of Sporting Pulse shows BSA have programmed junior games there from 29 Jan on Courts 2 and 3 - hopefully at least two courts are available by then! They have also programmed make-up games from the heat round on all four courts on 14 Feb. Going to be a close thing!

Reply #259358 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

so when they say feb 2010, they meant 2011 right?

Reply #259371 | Report this post

me3  
Years ago

I have it on good authority that the Backboards and rings will be the old ones for now.

However they had the money 2 years ago for new Rings and Backboards and they were ordered from china. It seems the money must have dissappeared.

Reply #259887 | Report this post

aa  
Years ago

I know for a fact, work is continuing throughout the holidays. Floorboards on 2 and a half courts already ripped up, almost everything else is out. Stand went in a day followed by the office blocks the next day, I do believe that the stadium will be finished if not by the due date maybe a little bit after but definitley will be done by 2011!

Reply #260174 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:06 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754