tripple
Years ago

Hodge support

Let's everyone calm down a bit about all this stuff with Hodge.
One thing everyone has not realised is that this game has bought a huge amount of publicity towards the NBL and especially the sixers (any publicity is good especially the pathetic amount the NBL normally gets)

The sixers and Ben should be actually thanking Hodge as they have would've made a shit load more dollars because of the bigger crowd, and will again next time Hodge comes back in January.

As for Ben going onto the court to confront Hodge, if the NBL is serious about running the game professionally he should be fined, coming onto the court like he did is simply unprofessional no matter what the circumstances.

The secruity at the game needs to be improved by 100%. The people in the crowd throwing cups of drinks at Hodge should be identified and banned for the rest of the season, but no doubt they will be back next time Hodge returns to throw more stuff at him. Someone needs to stand up and get rid of these supporters from our stadium, but that would be hard if they are following the example set by our general manager.

Topic #21781 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Thanks for that Hodge. You forgot to mention that you deserve to be suspended for your disrespectful actions!

Reply #260084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I completely agree, what Julius did and what transpired durig the game as well as post-game is brilliant and priceless to the NBL. It has garnered major attention in Adelaide papers and news outlets and has featured in the Herald Sun, The Age, Morning Herald, Courier Mail and my local paper.

Tell me the last time the NBL was in every national paper for something other than club's folding or financial in-security.

Homicide Williams sticking it to Wildcats fans...
Hodge going at it with anyone close to the Sixers...
Rillie returning to Townsville...
The fight at the Jungle between GC and Weigh

All these type of things are needed in the NBL to garner immediate attention

Reply #260086 | Report this post

tripple  
Years ago

I must add that I have been a 36er's supporter for all my life as well so this isn't coming from a Hodge or tigers supporter and in my time as a basketball fan I have never seen a GM or owner come onto the court to confront a player!!!!

Reply #260091 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

and tripple you also haven't seen a player bring the game into disrepute like that

Reply #260093 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Troll.

Reply #260096 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

tigers have already been to brett maher court twice- they do not come back in January.

Reply #260099 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Well - I mostly listen to radio fivaa sports show which is 80% footy, but tonite is about 70% Hodge -sixers .They tried to get hold of Sengstock and Ninnis and Ben will be on tomorrow.
Saw Hodge and Ben on Ten news.

Reply #260104 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

HAHA

Troll.

+1.

(And yes, the quote function is still an awesome novelty to me...)

KJ - Weren't you Hoops' pro-24 ambassodor? (I may be totally wrong).

Up is down, black is white, line dancing on the BMC is popular... where does this end?!? Madness!

Reply #260105 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Loco that is correct. However, after his display, I dislike him now.

I still think we all created this monster. If people didn't continue to write bad stuff about him (either warranted or not warranted), then he wouldn't have never acted like that.

Reply #260106 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

No offence meant sir - Sixer pride is all good by me.

To be honest, I felt pretty bad about it all after listening to Mahersy on Australia Live TV.com.

Then Sat happened.

The emotional rollercoaster continues...

Reply #260110 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Hey anon, with that list it sounds like you'd rather go see a fight than a basketball game!

The league might get some short term attention but it won't last. Anyone with a brain knows this stuff doesn't happen every week, so they aren't going to turn up on the basis that they might see a bit of biffo or some lame theatrics. They will turn up to watch the basketball or not at all!

If Hodge really gave a brass razoo about the league and building hype, maybe he should have tried to play better basketball and make some more spectacular plays?

But he didn't do any of that so he deserves no thanks from the league or the vast majority of basketball fans!

Reply #260111 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

this entire thread needs a "dislike" button.

Reply #260112 | Report this post

Ballon boy  
Years ago

Can someone please explain how to use the quote function?

Reply #260113 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It does Loco (the rollercoater) So he was all wired up and over the top Sat nite, and today is back to jokes and the like, and the Media goes on about it,and will for a few more days.

Reply #260114 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Ballon boy:

(To do a quote thingy, start with '

' and end with '
' after the quote.)

Reply #260116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The GM didn't come on the court specifically to confront Hodge did he??? He was on there already, as the club officials do every game to give the mini basketballs to the players to throw out, he just then saw what Hodge was doing and that is when he went over to have a few words!

Reply #260117 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

^^^ EPIC fail.

It's blockquote to start (in between < and >) and /blockquote to finish (again, in between < and >).

Sense I did not make.

Quote fail I achieved.

Continue.

Reply #260119 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Also the NBL wants to target families. Fights and this sort of behaviour will discourage them from coming in the future

Reply #260120 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

(Epic fail was pointed at your truly ...anon snuck in before I could post).

Reply #260121 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

<blockquote>quote goes here</blockquote>

Reply #260122 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Exactly.

Reply #260124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Sense I did not make'

Reply #260126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LIES!

Reply #260128 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Ballon boy:

(To do a quote thingy, start with '
' and end with '
' after the quote.)

LOL! Awesome, Loco. :) That's a Quote Win right there.

Reply #260129 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Anyways - fiveaa is my favorite show. So Wildy was he should be kicked out and sent back to America and Mcdermott was - what's the big deal- let's take some calls on it..and it was about 50/50 - those that thought the crowd was bad for families and won't go agen,and those that go to every game and love Maher thought Hodge was bad...

Reply #260130 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

hereschenes I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering how to do a quote, saw the explanation and thought, "hhmm... that looks too hard" lol.

Reply #260131 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

LOL! Awesome, Loco. :) That's a Quote Win right there.

I was so hoping you of all people weren't online to see that hilarious eTrain wreck :p

lol

Reply #260133 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

All good mate!

Reply #260134 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

The man took things too far once the stomp occured. I wasn't bothered by the extra fist pumping in victory against a former club, it happens in most sports when you play them the first time.

The stomp is disgraceful sportsmanship. There is no way in hell an Adelaide player would do the same to Andrew Gaze and if they did, a majority of us would be ashamed by it.

Reply #260141 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Testing

abcdefgh

Reply #260142 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Yes, it worked, hooray.

Reply #260143 | Report this post

ROb  
Years ago

Why target Brett Maher, that's what I want to know? It wasn't just at the Sixers fans or the club, it was specifically Brett Maher's signature? What's that about.... I don't care if he was racially abused, had things thrown at him etc. He deserved it, he asked for the reaction and he got it, don't now go complain about the reaction you wanted and knew you would get, the worst thing is he loves it, he thrives on the attention so the crowd probably did him a favour, he will be loving the publicity he is getting now. He sure aint going to get on the news for his shooting ability, so he's gotta make a name for himself somehow, pathetic!

And if Aussie basketball has come to the point where people support disgraceful behavior like that and are willing to accept it for the publicity it produces, that is a terrible place to be, but unfortonately, that probably is reality right now.

Reply #260147 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

You should start a new Hodge thread and post exactly that.

Reply #260150 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

He wanted to take it further with Ben in the rooms , after they game (they also mentioned on fiveaa).
Obviously he'd lost all control.
And tooo wired up to shoot foul shots and the like..

Reply #260153 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

It's parochial, no doubt, but try that with Jacob.

Really.

Reply #260156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Rob your an idiot a real big idiot. No one deserves to get racially abused even if he did jump on the Brett Maher signature that is not called for.

Any person of colour would react to racial taunts and if that was me i would of done alot worse. Australians are already known as racists all over the world and it sounds more and more true.

As for Ben in your statement " he was pulling the race card" there were people yelling disgusting racist remarks so get your facts straight!

Reply #260162 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

No one racially abused #24 - that's utter face saving, race card pulling, drink the Kool Aid if you don't have an education bs.

Reply #260164 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

(Epic fail was pointed at your truly ...anon snuck in before I could post)

Thanks for the distraction Loco. I'm more interested in learning how to put quotes in. I've got tired of all the Hodge threads.

I hope this works. If it doesn't the very next post will have the words DUH!

Reply #260165 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Australians are already known as racists all over the world and it sounds more and more true.

You may want to back that blanket accustaion up. As a first generation son of immigrant workers that dearly love this country, I for one find Australians the most tolerant, accepting human beings on earth. Siting the racial bit when it NEVER HAPPENED is pathetic and low brow.

But then... that's 24.

Reply #260166 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Whoo Hoo!

Ok, back to all the Hodge talk......(I'm sure he must be number 1 on Google hits now!!!)

Reply #260167 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

lol Anytime Ads :p love your work bro.

Before I forget, you honestly had some really, really good posts man. Appreciated them. Nice work.

Reply #260169 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Australians are already known as racists all over the world and it sounds more and more true.

Hang on.....who said ^ that????

Reply #260177 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

Racism is disgusting. So far noone in the vicinity of the Tigers players race have confirmed that they even heard anything (not to say that it definitely didn't happen). Racism is such a hot topic though that if he made the accusation, people look to find the source and sort them out. IF it didn't happen, what a sad accusation to stoop to.......

Reply #260181 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

You should start a new Hodge thread and post exactly that.

Classic.

Reply #260186 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The racism card is a sign of desperation to divert attention from the real issue and it forms a second front to fight on.

Reply #260188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh Loco,

Your the son of an immagrant well so am i.

1. How about stop spending so much time on this website and have a look on the news and the internet and you will see that Australia is known as a racist country.

2. I was at the game and i saw a young black lady get into an argument with a man for his racial slurs he actually pushed her a few times just behind the Tigers bench.

I guess you have eyes & ears all around the stadium and you could hear and see everything that was going on? Yeah i didn't think so and a grown man actually pushing a woman, Thats horrible.

Reply #260194 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

Anonymous...no wonder you missed training yesterday when you spent the whole day on here posting utter crap!

Reply #260198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You people are losers. I have been an Adelaide fan since i was born and i am at the games every week supporting the boys. I have no reason to lie or make it up.

There were racial slurs and an argument broke out between fans in the stands because of this disgusting behaviour.

Reply #260202 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Does anyone actually beleive that Hodge will remain at the Tigers for the rest of the season?

From reports that are popping up it appears, he still just trains when he wants to, most of his teammates dont like him and its even come to blows at times and he is likely to get worse rather than better based on the weekends episode.

My guess is he will be gone by Christmas.

Reply #260203 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

nice thread Pictures, Images and Photos

Reply #260207 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Sorry I just really wanted to post that picture

Reply #260209 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Why couldn't Hodge just be a man and admit that he "over-reacted" in the heat of the moment?
He just may have got some credibility back.
To come out with the lines about racial taunts seems strange when you look at our own 2 imports- surely they would have been offended if this was fact.
The NBL would not be as exciting without the black Americans playing and we respect them for that.

Reply #260212 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

testing

Reply #260214 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

All right, great thread for tips, now for the linky party!

Reply #260216 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

The Adelaide crowd reaction barely surprises me at all..... i mean just go and watch juniors on a friday night to see how some spectators act and its amazing how the shit that starts at grass roots filters all the way up to national league.

Reply #260217 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I'm hoping Anstey drops him with a massive elbow this week at training.

Reply #260224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Typical pulls out the race card to take the attention off his disgraceful behaviour. scum!!!!

Reply #260243 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

Thought I would test this quote thing out!

Why couldn't Hodge just be a man and admit that he "over-reacted" in the heat of the moment?

I think you hit the nail on the head...he's not a man, he's a childish brat of a kid you see at the supermarket stomping his feet because he didn't get his lolly! Then running off to Mummy saying his sister started it!

Reply #260244 | Report this post

Easy  
Years ago

I'm glad this thread has been posted. I'll begin by saying i am a 6ers supporter. But first and foremost i'm a sport supporter.

I was at the game and i believe the actions of some of the spectators to be disrespectful and unsportsmanlike. "Booing" is unsportsmanlike and uncalled for. But then i should have expected this when the person who sold me my tickets told me " now your sitting behind the tigers bench, you know what to do." Great attitude......

Secondly, i was disgusted at how quickly Adelaide fans can turn!!! Now i know he his actions when he left were poor, but lets just remember if he had of been paid, he would still be here and our team would be sitting alot higher on the ladder. We all know he cant shoot. Last year it didnt matter, but last saturday it was the biggest deal in the world.

Thirdly, we all know Hodge loves to run his mouth, we all know he's childish and has a questionable attitude. so get over it!!! throwing things and literally trying to jump over security gaurds to attack him is disgraceful. As a born and bred Adelaide person, i was emabrrased by the majority of spectators. Its just a game! Be angry at some of the coaching decisions and poor performances on court by our players!!!

Lastly, the publicity this has brought NBL is priceless. As many of you have mentioned, NBL would NEVER have even made the local news if this wasnt to happen.

I think some people need to grow up!!

Reply #260282 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

But then i should have expected this when the person who sold me my tickets told me " now your sitting behind the tigers bench, you know what to do." Great attitude...
Cheer loudly.

Reply #260289 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

'I hope this works. If it doesn't the very next post will have the words DUH!'

Testing

Reply #260290 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Doh!

Can some one explain the quoting theory even more easily for me :)

Reply #260291 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

<blockquote>Put your quoted text here.</blockquote>

Don't mess it up as the forum currently isn't smart enough to automatically close unclosed tags and layout could break.

Reply #260297 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

No offence "Easy" but there are different supporters out there in this world and my guess is you would be a Crows supporter. Someone that sits there sipping their Chardonnay until they start losing and then you bag your own players.
Very different to the passionate supporters (probably Port/Collingwood supporters) that were there at the game Saturday night who win loss or draw will always support their club and do whatever they can to help them get a win. Whether that means booing the opposition (which Hodge requested!), heckling the white "maggots" or going absolutely nuts when a player who turned his back on our beloved club, decides to insult one of South Australia's greatest players, someone who is loved and respected by all in Australia in our home stadium...
Mate, this is why you don't have season tickets yourself, because you are not a true blue Sixers supporter!

Reply #260298 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Oaked or unoaked?

I think we've had enough excitement for a few days and could probably do without a Crows-Port brawl being tacked on!

Reply #260302 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

me, you misspelt duh.

Reply #260304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd have to disagree with being an idiot. I'm not condoning the racial taunts, if in fact they existed, I'm saying if they did happen, they were as a result of his behaviour, he was looking for a reaction and he got one, so in this case, no, I don't care if he was racially abused, he didn't deserve and it's uncalled for, I don't condone it, but I certainly don't feel sorry for him considering his behaviour.

How about addressing the real issues in my post?

Reply #260328 | Report this post

Rob  
Years ago

Funny you should say that, I actually tried but it didn't come up for some reason.

Reply #260329 | Report this post

Rob  
Years ago

Hey mate, just want you to know I'm a Crows supporter, I even sit in the members stand, and I agree with you. I was there booing, going nuts etc. just as much as anyone.

Reply #260330 | Report this post

Rob  
Years ago

It seems my replys are not attaching themselves to the posts I replied to, spewing!

Reply #260331 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rob, your new topic the other day was deleted as it largely covered existing ground and we already had a fair few Hodge topics.

When you reply to any post in a topic, your post is attached to the end of the thread after those that came before it. Hope that explains what's happening.

Reply #260336 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

bah

Reply #260340 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

I give up, hehe, i put it in between these things <> and it didnt appear.

meh... no one ever says anything worthy of quoting anyway lol

Reply #260341 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

me, checked the code in your post and you are not even close to doing what I instructed?!

Here's what happens if I copy and paste the exact line I specified:

Put your quoted text here.

Reply #260393 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

Definitely oaked Isaac!

Reply #260424 | Report this post

Beagle  
Years ago

Most Crows supporters I know (and there's quite a few of us at the BMC every week) would rather have a beer or a good red than a chardy.

Reply #260499 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Put your quoted text here.

Whats Blockquote?? :)

Reply #260625 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Whats Blockquote?? :)

It's what blockheads use when a quote isn't enough

Reply #260708 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:05 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754