Anonymous
Years ago

Biggest Techs Ever

I saw a huge tech on another court last friday. It was the woodville under 20's div 2 team. Where young pascoe, blcoked an Eagles player, probably biggest block for the year so far. He was called for a foul and consequently he kicked a hole and smashed in a wooden ABC Advertisement. He recieved a tech foul obviously. Following that, another woodville player recieved a tech for having a go at the ref. Consequently the eagles were awarded six foul shots and possesion.

What other massive tech fouls have people seen? Including ejections and tribunal cases.

Topic #2180 | Report this topic

The tech on the Brisbane player for deliberately tapping the ball away after scoring in the last final against Sydney - Bulletts were only 2 down with 45 secs left.

For tantrums - have seen players go oof spitting on the floor - then kick the loose chairs all over the place next to the bench, then get their water bottle and spray it all over the court.

Another time a player wheeled around off the base line after defending a lay up, accelerated dropped his elbow and gave the ref a decent whack on the foul line extended on his way back up to the other end of the court.

or the player that just straight out polaxed a referee during a jump ball - just ran straight thru the ref and decked him - ball went the other way - player ran straight thru the ref - reminds me of the 89 VFL grand final when Brereton got polaxed behind play.

Reply #24637 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

Shane crusher crothers has had some big techs in his time too. Although he has improved over the last few years

Reply #24645 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

Saw a team manager get ejected once for throwing a water bottle at one of his players ... that was pretty funny ... i think it was his son !!

Another great one was at 'tiger-land' where everyone gets scr*wed by the ref's at some point ...A coach was drinking water and his team got a bad foul ... he choked on his water and actually threw-up what he had already drunk over part of the court... but thats not what got him the tech ... he marched out on the court and started screaming at the ref's and threw his water bottle at one of the oppostion teams Mum's who was heckling him. He got her right in the scone!!

I laughed so hard i nearly tore a muscle stretching up on the other court ..

The best ... i have ever 'heard' of ... was a guy in the Riverland .. driving his car into the stadium thru a wall ... and parking under the oppostion bucket .. after a suspect charging call .. He later claimed (at the cop shop) .. that he was drunk at the time of the game (did not know what he was doing)... and they charged him with drink driving too ...
Game was called off .. ref's went into hiding ..

Reply #24646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did he get "screwed by the refs" ? Sounds like he got what he deserved.

Reply #24648 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

tell me your name and we'll talk ..

Reply #24657 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Darryl Pearce's Tech for travelling with the ball out of bounds ( he took 2 steps along the side line when inbounding the ball) at Apollo circa 1990 gave the ball to Perth in a tight game with us down by one from memory.

Adelaide were knocked out of the finals on th back of that call.

Reply #24695 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

I remember that! It wasn't a tech though, was it? Just a violation, I thought.

Reply #24697 | Report this post

SHUTTLESWORTH  
Years ago

I had the best view of that block and tech on friday night of pascoe's. The block was pretty good but the boot threw the sign was one of the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Reply #24699 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

i got the other tech, which i deserved mind u. but that was a huge clean block (the player he blocked said after it was clean). but that kick was awsome! bits went flying. but if the umpire was paying attention to the game (most woodville juniors would no which ref im talking bout aswell. the one everyone hates lots and lots) the whole thing wouldnt have happened!!

Reply #24701 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

You could be right Paul, I remember Apollo almost fell apart due to the boos the ref (either Beames or Weeks from memory) got.

Reply #24703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You haven't given us your name and you still made the comment so why should I?

Reply #24714 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

without the greatest tech ever goes to peter berry.

For when he squirted the ref with a water bottle. absolutley outstanding

Reply #24715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha someone explain peters berrys tech some more

Reply #24718 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

drew paul back in the day grabbed a player from both legs and dragged him along the floor, after he close-lined a player on the break.it resulted in both benches clearing.

Reply #24721 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Pascoe booting signs after a huge block? Young Greg - you need to spend more time with ol Smokin' Mo and learn the ways of passive resistance. A bomb may destroy but will get you in serious strife, whereas the termite is the silent assassin.

Reply #24756 | Report this post

Hot Lunch  
Years ago

It was Dave Pascoe that got the tech not greg.

and berrys tech was the funniest thing ive ever seen he squirted the ref and then refused to clean the water off the court

Reply #24765 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

ANON ...

TIGERLAND UMPIRING IS SOMETHING YOU KNOW A LOT ABOUT ? ...THIS WILL BE GOOD ...

Reply #24777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just don't understand why you say it when they did the right thing. Sounds like no matter what they do your always gunna be biased.

Reply #24795 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Dave Pascoe? Oh no, Terry, put it away. Is he still breeding?

But seriously, Dave, spend some time with my young padawan Greg. He has learnt the ways of Smokin Mo and it sounds like you need some passive resistance lessons too!

Reply #24808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dave doesn't need shit from his brother, if anything he should take a page out of daves book and learn to unleash when the time is right. and that block was totally clean i saw it with my own eyes

Reply #24893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

...or with your own hands ;)

Reply #24916 | Report this post

mark coughlin  
Years ago

i saw dave bowley from southern tigers get one with 35 seconds left in a game for mooning the opposition supporters who were giving him grief. i think they were playing west. very funny stuff.

Reply #24933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that is absolute gold

Reply #25050 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:06 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754