Isaac
Years ago

Cattalini deal with Taipans formalised

There's an article on the NBL site about Cairns signing Martin Cattalini.

Read more

"We have been in negotiations for some time with Martin and his agent, however were unable to confirm his signing and finalise everything until his commitments with his current Spanish National League team DKV Joventut were completed." Juanita O'Brien, Taipans CEO.

In other NBL news, the new Breakers coach is to be Andrej Lemanis (previously the Crocs assistant coach). He's signed for two years, taking over from Frank Arsego.

Topic #2183 | Report this topic

mark  
Years ago

Good to see Cat back in the league.

I hope the Taipans dont intend on playing him at PF, like posters on ozhoops keep suggesting, cause if they do they are going to struggle. I thought they would have learnt their lesson about players playing out of position after Crosswell.

Reply #24689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Cat is not going to make big a difference . He is overvalued.

Reply #24723 | Report this post

mathias_jade  
Years ago

I reckon he's going to make a huge difference for taipans. Having a skilled senior in the team is just what they need. Having said that i dont think he would fit in adelaides team or any higher ranked team because of all the other stars. Be great to see him when he versus adelaide

Reply #24731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A skiled senior player yes, but he is not a leader on the court and that is what they need.

Reply #24733 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Interesting that this deal was done because Cat had a "if Phil is not the coach" clause in his contract.

Does this mean that the by not sorting Phil out quickly we have missed out on Cat coming back?

If so another great blunder by management in not keping its eye on the ball.

Reply #24954 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:02 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754