Camel 31
Years ago

Melbourne in Townsville 12Dec09

There are Brett Maher faces on the Tigers bench and Brett Maher masks on those behind their bench.

Topic #21836 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

GREAT STUFF TOWNSVILLE!

Reply #261052 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes - They let the 36ers (and Brett) know that they were doing it. Sixers and Brett thought it was great stuff,also.

Reply #261061 | Report this post

Dazzman  
Years ago

Great to see Brett can still win a game. He helped the Crocs get over the Tigers tonight.
Only problem is Number 24 will probably get POW again.

Reply #261064 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Interesting stat line from number 24 tonite.
AND- The Croc did an on court stomp on Julius Hodge's name.

Reply #261065 | Report this post

Dazzman  
Years ago

Camel 31 that is awesome to hear about the stomp. I hope one of the sport channels pick up some footage. Just goes to show how respected Brett is around the league.

Reply #261077 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

24 for the tigers must have the highest turnover per game stat ever!! but yeah will probably still win POTW hey he sells papers an gets news reports lol

Reply #261081 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

as well as those 7 turnovers,
he got blocked 5 times....

methinks that dude has lost more than some weight...

Reply #261089 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

9 of the Tigers pissed themselves about the faces on the seats...

We've gota group of 10 ballers that sitin a box right behind the opposition bench, I got them all Maher masks too. I'll have pics of them all soon.

Joe Blake dressed up as Michael Flatley and did a river dance on a piece of paper with Julius Hodge on it. The Croc had a massive Hodge signature, placed it on the floor, stomped on it, then wiped his a$$ with it :)

good times

Reply #261090 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

ROFL thats awesome by the Crocs, bloody genius!!

Reply #261092 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Tigers Bench

Green Machine with Maher masks

if you go to www.gordong.com you can see some pics of Joe Blake

Reply #261093 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Gee wiz, sounds like it was a realy fun night in Townsville! Wish I had of been there as that is absolute gold!

Mebourne is gone, however given the opportunity in the absence of Anstey, how well has Daniel Johnson done this season? He has really emerged from the shadow of Anstey and become one of the best centre's in the league already. He is really relishing the court time and opportunity and making the most of it and starting to show the potential he has.

Reply #261099 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He is definitely not a top centre yet, but it is a great rookie year and shows plenty of promise once he learns to play defence and improves his footwork.

Reply #261113 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

The tigers said in their press conference that they feel they can turn their 4-10 record into a 10-4 run home... with Anstey coming back, Crosswell getting better, Hodge getting to know his team, etc

IMO they are kidding themselves, its a race of 6 teams now, them and Cairns are out.

Reply #261114 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Thats brilliant! Almost fell off the chair from laughing! Its good to see that everything Brett has achieved in BBall is so appreciated.

Reply #261116 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I repeat, Tigers are gone. Focus on next season.

Reply #261117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would expect Daniel Johnson to be highly recruited in the off-season. He is not a Victorian local so I doubt he has that many ties in Melbourne. Chris Anstey will demand the starter's minutes until he retires and he seems to be the scape-goat when Westover decides to go wild.

I expect any new teams, Townsville, Cairns and maybe even his hometown Perth to chase this dude hard. He is certainly a ten-year starting centre.

Reply #261120 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I officially love Townsville. After Hinder's comments this week and now this. Legendary!

Judas is a loser and always will be, great to see him continue to get destroyed.

Reply #261127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excellent work by the Crocs locals and also Joe Blake in Cairns on Friday night.

Reply #261141 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Melbourne's Herald-Sun: http://linky.com.au/bk0z4

Season on the brink...

Reply #261210 | Report this post

Beagle  
Years ago

From that Herald Sun article:-

But after going 0-2 on the Sunshine Swing road double against the Cairns Taipans and Townsville Crocodiles with 89-74 and 89-79 losses at the weekend, the Tigers (4-10) are rooted to the bottom of the eight-team league.

Perhaps that should just read "The Tigers are rooted."

And Townsville are now officially my second team.

Reply #261236 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:39 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754