billo
Years ago

NH: Where to get an iPhone unlocked in Adelaide

Hoopsters, anyone know where I can get my iPhone unlocked in Adelaide? Not sure if it makes a difference but I got it in the UK so this couple possibly cause a problem when I reconnect to iTunes?

Actually, while I'm on the topic of phones and stuff can anyone recommend a good plan if I bring my own phone into it? Looking for a decent amount of calls and texts and a decent amount of data, everything seems pretty pricey and confusing at the moment.

Topic #21848 | Report this topic

PodMan  
Years ago

Heard of this amazing search engine called google?

Reply #261237 | Report this post

PodMan  
Years ago

Reply #261238 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

No need to be a knob about it, I'd tried google but it's a mixed bag for stuff like this (that first result goes no where for instance) and I thought someone here might have had first hand experience and been able to pass on a recommendation.

Reply #261242 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

C'mon billo..... A knob reply would of been 'take that piece of crappy british s**t back to England to get fixed" :)

or

Iphone = poo.....

On a serious note, can't your Australian provider unlock your phone for a fee???

Reply #261248 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

if its a iphone on a plan, there should be absalutely NO unlocking fee,

if its prepaid then that is dependent on the carrier,

if you have any issues im sure one of the mods will give you my email address if you need further assitance

Reply #261253 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

If you bought it through a provider (all out or on a plan) it WILL be locked. You need to contact customer support and lodge your iPhone to be unlocked. Depending on whom the provider is, they will have a link to their unlock site.

Either way, you're paying about $75 - $125 depending on the provider to get it unlocked. Takes about 3 days to process; then all that happens is when you hook the iPhone up to iTunes; choose "check for updates" and the iPhone unlocker will be available to download and unlock.

Incase you're wondering; part of my job involves handling phones etc. for the entire business; I've done enough unlocking to know the process.

Apple suck at getting them unlocked; usually takes 3-5 days for them to process in California.

Reply #261278 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I called my service provider in the UK who said they could unlock it for free, I went to the address provided, filled in the details and was told I'd get a text in 14 days giving me a code to use. 2 days ago I got a text saying "We can't unlock you iPhone, for details go to www.o2.co.uk/unlockmyiphone" which I did, but quickly discovered I couldn't access this site form outside the UK so I'm pretty much buggered.

I was hoping there was a quick and dirty dodgy brothers fix I could buy over here, perhaps once i sort out which provider I'm going though they can help me out?

Reply #261346 | Report this post

Daniel  
Years ago

C&P from the FAQ page
Why can't I 'unlock' my iPhone?

We may not be able to unlock your iPhone for a variety of reasons. Here's a few common ones:

You may have not typed in the correct IMEI number (found by keying *#06# on your iPhone) and the correct mobile phone number. If these don't match the numbers we have on our system, then the iPhone can't be unlocked.

Your iPhone must have been purchased from an O2, Carphone Warehouse or Apple UK store for it to be unlocked. If this isn't the case, then you need to go back to the place you purchased your iPhone from to get it unlocked.

Your mobile number may have been barred on all networks if you've reported it lost or stolen. If your iPhone is no longer lost, please contact our customer service team.

We can't locate your iPhone on the O2 network. This may happen if you haven't 'synced' your iPhone with iTunes.

If you're a Pay & Go customer, the iPhone must have been active on our network for a minimum of 12 months.

If you're a Pay & Go customer, you may not have had enough airtime credit on your account to pay the £14.69 fee required to have your iPhone unlocked.

Note: if we're not able to unlock your iPhone, then the £14.69 fee will be automatically refunded for our Pay & Go customers.

As a fellow Adelaidien in London i'd gladly help out if I can in anyway Billo (5 year lurker, first time poster)

Reply #261353 | Report this post

Daniel  
Years ago

weird, just typed in my name and email (never registered here before) and suddenly it tells me i've posted 97 times before under my profile...is it really that easy to post under someone elses profile?
Anyway...the offer still stands!

Reply #261354 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's because you're using a common name that's already been used in the past.

Reply #261375 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Cheers Daniel,

maybe I typed something in wrong as the other reasons don't seem to fit? Annoying, reckon I'll just sort something out this end.

Reply #261379 | Report this post

shotclock  
Years ago

Anything anytime tech geek speak forum:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/128

Reply #261909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can unlock contact [email protected]

Reply #324696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To tell the truth, I think you can get an iPhone unlocked by yourself. It seems that your iPhone can not be connected to iTunes properly. In such a situation, you may use iCloud. As long as you enable "Find My iPhone", you can remotely restore your iPhone with iCloud. If you don't turn on "Find My iPhone", you won't be worried. An unlocking program can help you. I just tell you a tool called Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker I have used. It can unlock your iPhone without passcode anywhere and support to remove digital screen lock as well as Face ID and Touch ID. If you don't mind using a third-party tool, you can try it.

Reply #755120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually you can bypass the iphone passcode by yourself,there are several following methods can do that:
Using a Tool:
There are different tools available in the market, like Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker, that can be used to reset any disabled/locked iPad/ iPhone/iPod without a passcode. It is compatible with all the latest models of iPad as well as all the versions of iOS. So it might come handy even when you lose your iPhone passcode. You can reset the passcode with a few clicks effortlessly.

Through iTunes:
If you had linked your iPad/iPhone with iTunes, you can use it to reset your locked device. Through iTunes, you can reset the passcode with ease.

Through iCloud:
If you signed in to the iCloud in your iPad/iPhone any time in the past and had enabled Find My iPad, you can reset it without any passcode through iCloud.

Through Recovery Mode:
If you didn't link your iPad/iPhone with iTunes or iCloud, then the most feasible option is to try out the Recovery Mode. It can be very useful when you cannot reset your device with the steps mentioned above.

Reply #853560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually you can bypass the iphone passcode by yourself,there are several following methods can do that:
Using a Tool:
There are different tools available in the market, like Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker(https://www.joyoshare.com/ipasscode-unlocker/), that can be used to reset any disabled/locked iPad/ iPhone/iPod without a passcode. It is compatible with all the latest models of iPad as well as all the versions of iOS. So it might come handy even when you lose your iPhone passcode. You can reset the passcode with a few clicks effortlessly.

Through iTunes:
If you had linked your iPad/iPhone with iTunes, you can use it to reset your locked device. Through iTunes, you can reset the passcode with ease.

Through iCloud:
If you signed in to the iCloud in your iPad/iPhone any time in the past and had enabled Find My iPad, you can reset it without any passcode through iCloud.

Through Recovery Mode:
If you didn't link your iPad/iPhone with iTunes or iCloud, then the most feasible option is to try out the Recovery Mode. It can be very useful when you cannot reset your device with the steps mentioned above.

Reply #853561 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:55 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754