Hanging Round
Years ago

Bearcat Domestic Comp

While involved in St Clair Carnival on weekend, there were stories that West are going to begin a Sat afternoon comp in 2010. Should be good for the area.

Topic #21852 | Report this topic

SP  
Years ago

This needs to happen immediately and at u/8 level. With the merge of Woodville and Magic where most kids already go anyway, West is not getting enough kids to the club. Saturady arvo may not be the answer though, if we are trying to get more kids, as we want them to play Saturday morning with West. West should have after school comps at the stadium, at least 2 nights a week. Yes this will take up training spots, but I remember as a Junior I never trained at my home stadium, it was always at a high school, and there are plenty of them in the western suburbs. More comps, therefore more promotion, signs/phone numbers/flyers/clinics, equals more kids at the club, equals a strong club that everyone wants to play for!

Reply #261358 | Report this post

foul line  
Years ago

Any news regarding the development of West is a good move. Would be fair to say i dont think they have fully put themselves out there and got involved with promoting themselves at school level be it primary or secondry schools.

This sat morning comp if it goes ahead is the only way clubs like west can compete against the stronger clubs, believe Sturt and Forestville already have this up and running.

Need to consider also coaches at this level, they also need developing to be competitive against the stronger clubs

Reply #261424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All clubs are becoming associations and are starting domestic comps. Its the only way they will survive. They need players and the revenue that comes from the domestic comp.

Reply #261431 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:58 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754