Brainz
Years ago

Tigers behaviour under review yet again.

Go Tigers

Topic #21972 | Report this topic

At the half  
Years ago

Very poor behaviour from Hodge complaining about every thing and anything lately I don't think the Tigers will be in the Nbl next season

Reply #262936 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Were the refs giving 'make up calls' against Tigers after that crap they called here last month?!

Reply #262941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The referees didn't cost Adelaide the game - they were outplayed by the Tigers who seem to be able to only manage wins against the sixers.

Reply #262942 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Too right there Anon; however the Tigers are complaining about the same thing that's been happening league wide for the past few years.

Inconsistent calls, calling light fouls.

Then again, Hodge is a cry-baby about everything and seems to spend more time playing the soap-opera fiasco than winning games.

No surprises about the reffing complaints though.

Reply #263002 | Report this post

peter  
Years ago

the tigers need to be more professional. even i, in division 4 basketball, know that I have to change the way im playing if i get pulled up for a couple of soft fouls. why cant the tiger adjust to different refereeing styles? they should change their name to the melbourne princesses

Reply #263027 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

Over the years the Tigers have had there fair share of inept calls from refs however if you recall last year, Anstey took out Carter and instead of the NBL doing what it has been doing in the past which is rub out players, they gave him a reprieve. Why cos it was the GF series game 4. I remember a game with Melbourne V Geelong Supercats in 1995, and a first time for everything when Andrew Gaze threw a water bottle on the floor, it spilt and the ref saw it all. No tech, not even a foul. Not even a warning. The well of water has finally run dry and the Melbourne Tigers are no longer the Kings, rather now the princess of basketball.

Memo to Julius: Hit the road loser. You're bringing down the game with your crap. btw, hows the jump shot and wrist doing?

Reply #263050 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

Worthington has always been a cry baby, this is no suprise at all. I think he is only going to get worse hanging out with Anstey Hodge and Westover!

Reply #263070 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

well well well the tigers are crying about the refs what else is new they cry about everything any way so what fxxk lets just look at a few things the owners piss and moan about bsa the main player pisses and moans about the game the worlds bigest wanker pisses and moans and groans and crys about life how he is the best but no one cares the person who said the tigers would not be in the league next year so WHAT the league proved this year it can do without sooks maybe then all the other teams we get the hint the GAME is bigger than any team so if the tigers pull out GOODBYE BYE BYE GO AND PLAY WITH YOURSELFS TO WANKER THE SOONER YOU GO THE SOONER BASKETBALL WE GET A BETTER NAME

Reply #263092 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Poor Hodge. He only came here to show us what a great basketball player he is.
Too bad he can't shut up and avoid acting like a total tool.
The sooner he cuts the crap and leaves Australia with his ego, the better

Reply #263118 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Why is Wortho such a god damn prick on the court??? From everything I've seen he seems like a great bloke off it. Then again, he's best mates with Anstey so that confuses the situation even more. Same deal with Hinder...

Reply #263138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couldn't be funnier, last month they get 40 free throws to the 36ers 20 in a game in Adelaide. What a goddamn nerve to complain about ANY refereeing they get!

Reply #263146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A lot of that came down to Adelaide committing a lot of fouls at the end of the game, not to mention sending Hodge to the free throw line a fair bit (wise move)

Reply #263170 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

A lot also came down to the fact that the Monopoly man is Shameless McPeake's bitch and Sonic the Hedgehog isn't much better.

Reply #263174 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Tigers' behaviour is very poor and should be sanctioned. Having said that, they are just saying what everyone else is thinking.

Hodge's comments about travel calls on the spin move were particularly pertinent. I havent seen another competition where that is called a travel.

Reply #263185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you think that the refereeing cost Adelaide that game, you're kidding yourself.

There's a lot of criticism of the Tigers complaining after losses but many of you have no problem blaming referees for Adelaide losses.

Reply #263198 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Joker whilst agree a lot with your views re Tigers behaviour etc especially our ex player but sorry the NBL competition would not be better of without them .
With no Syd. or Brisbane and if no Melb. then not really a national comp. if the big 3 cities dont have teams.
Just hope they can get their act together on and off the court

Reply #263201 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:11 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754