LC
Years ago

High Stakes Hoops Schedule Announced

The inaugural 2010 Foot Locker Elite Classic - High Stakes Hoops game schedule has been set as follows:

Tuesday 6 April
12:00 pm Cyclones v Monarchs
2:00 pm Coasters v Rays
4:00 pm Fleet v Rush
6:00 pm Reef v Pythons

Wednesday 7 April
12:00 pm Pythons v Coasters
2:00 pm Rush v Cyclones
4:00 pm Rays v Reef
6:00 pm Monarchs v Fleet

Thursday 8 April
11:00 am Fleet v Cyclones
1:00 pm Reef v Coasters
3:00 pm Rush v Monarchs
5:00 pm Pythons v Rays

Friday 9 April
4:00 pm Semi-Final #1
6:00 pm Semi-Final #2

Sunday 11 April
4:30 pm Championship Game

Link: http://linky.com.au/1n2oh

Topic #22605 | Report this topic

gogo  
Years ago

http://eliteclassic.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/schenscher-picked-up-by-fleet/

schenscher picked up by the fleet.

thoughts?

Reply #272081 | Report this post

gogo  
Years ago

other players to sign are isiah victor, mike helms and a few others.

Reply #272082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Expect a lot more NBLers to come very shortly

Reply #272089 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Another thread has all the imports listed and a few other signee's as outlined above.

As anon points out, there will be a flood of NBLers sign up to steams within the next 1-2 weeks with the impending announcement of the One HD TV deal.

Reply #272095 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Was hoping to go and watch some games, but nothing scheduled for Saturday? Might be good for One but won't be good for bums in seats.

Reply #272105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This tournament will showcase the most amount of basketball talent ever put together in one event in Australia.

Shame no one in Adelaide is aware of it and they'll be lucky to get 100 people a day going to watch it.

Reply #272106 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

Nutwork,

It is school holidays and Saturday I assume is to not interfere with 1HD's AFL Coverage! (And just by chance the Central ABL)

Reply #272135 | Report this post

Ron T  
Years ago

Anyone know what the walk up entrance price is per day?

Reply #272161 | Report this post

Justin  
Years ago

30 dollars a day. However it's a little annoying that it costs the same on the last day when there is only one match.

Reply #272165 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Anyone know if Buddy is flying over to support his team?

Reply #272170 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

This is a good start.

We all want to know the rosters of each team.

Reply #272172 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

yeah... being a lil over a week from tip off you would think more promo would have been done other than a couple facebook pages and rosters would be finalised by now... and they wonder why NBA wouldn't give them permission to use their logo in support!

Reply #272179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Supposedly most of the rosters are filled with NBL players but they were a) waiting for the NBL to also sign with One HD and b) are intentionally dragging out the announcements for maximum publicity.

Reply #272185 | Report this post

ab  
Years ago

fairly certain its not school holidays... although i may be wrong as i am at uni and our holidays arent until late april but im certain they normally run together-ish...

Reply #272237 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

School Hols April 1 to 19 April

http://www.decs.sa.gov.au/portal/community.asp?group=matters&id=pubhols

Sorry need to learn how to do linky's and too lazy just now;-)

Reply #272239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard a rumour Brad Hill's in a team.

Reply #272243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

be interesting to see hodge vs maher again...monarchs vs fleet

Reply #272256 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Hodge apparently isn't allowed to play... if so, sweet lol...

max publicity by holding everything to the last minute? yeah great idea! this looks like it will fail, thanks to the guy running it with NO IDEA WHAT HE IS DOING!

Reply #272257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sales so far are apparently pretty low - won't look all the smashing to have an empty stadium on the broadcasts.

Reply #272269 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Anon said: "This tournament will showcase the most amount of basketball talent ever put together in one event in Australia."

I assume that is a joke?! Ever heard of the Sydney Olympics, for starters?

Reply #272274 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Not to mention an NBL pre-season tournament!

Reply #272275 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

or the Goodwill Games!

Reply #272276 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

This tournament has been very poorly organized I don't care what the insiders try to claim that its for max publicity or whatever because its not having that impact on the fans or even the players who don't know wtf is going on.
These amateurs will have a lot of feedback to digest after the event if they hope to have any credibility with how it has been organized.
Still no roster or anything and that was due out on Friday.

Reply #272321 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

love how a business which is losing money is the major sponsor for something that will be lucky to even pay for venue hire

Reply #272347 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

How are working people supposed to see these games? What ridiculous schedules. They can't possibly get many people going regardless of it being school holidays. I can't find any pricing schedules anywhere. Can someone direct me to it? Can you buy tickets for individual games or do you have to buy a whole day package. Considering a working person might be lucky to get to 1 game on any given day, its a bit expensive at $30 per day to see one game only.

Reply #272473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EC, while Working Families are the back bone to this bloody great nation of ours Working Families are entitled in most instances to holidays and due to school holidays arriving in the fullness of time I make no apologies for suggesting Working Families are able to attend.

Reply #272480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #272480, I won't argue with you, I will just wait and see how many working people take holidays for this event by the attendances.

Reply #272598 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

sorry, last post was from me, forgot to login my user name.

Reply #272599 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:49 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754