Anonymous
Years ago

Corey Williams released

http://nbl.com.au/index.php?id=36&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=15760&tx_ttnews[backPid]=34&cHash=10b1f9ddb7

Slight joke- I mean come on, this guy was the league MVP as he states in the article. Sydney or Melbourne or anywhere- as long as he stays in the league. A backcourt of Hodge and Williams would be pretty good!!

Topic #22788 | Report this topic

Yep!!!!  
Years ago

The sixers need a PG. Farley and Homocide would be exciting to watch. I would but season tickets right now if we got both of them

Reply #274369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hes a cancer

Reply #274373 | Report this post

Djrod  
Years ago

Seriously, if McKee and Penney weren't injured, he wouldn't even be close to MVP.

Reply #274395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard he likes a bevvy or two - to the point he was getting breath tested before each training.

"Yep" - Farley is not happening, stop living in the past!

Reply #274406 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Has he been released or not?

Reply #274409 | Report this post

Yep!!!!  
Years ago

Anon, If your talking about the past week I was there and saw Farley tear the HSH up. It doesn't matter how long ago he played for the sixers, it matters that he can help now as an outstanding cheaper import option. But I guess someone like Herbert with youth is better in the backcourt in your opinion? Joke.

Reply #274412 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

No way should Townsville have made that decision. It is not so easy to replace a player like that who accepts the responsibility to carry a team. It is funny to me that people point out what he cannot do and do not give him credit for what he can. He plays to his strengths which is what you want all players to do. Sure he could be a better shooter and he could be a better player maker but he is what he is a great scorer in this league. I appreciate watching him play and what he brings to the table he is a problem for every team in the league. It really surprises me that Townsville did this and I think they will regret not getting him back for the next couple of years. He is a very young 32 and has a certain DMAC look about his game how he loves to play so to me they should have kept him and had him naturalise in a couple years. I like him and his personality people in Australia and New Zealand are not used to players who back themselves like that and we love to pull them down. If I was a Townsville fan I would be holding judgement until I see who they are replacing him with. Now the other guys on the team will have to stop hiding and take some responsibility.

Reply #274420 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

Thanks for that Alpha / Bigboy - we all heard you the first time.

"Yep" - I watched the HSH too, and watched Farley help them lose the Semi, by insisting he try to take the team on his shoulders and shoot away, rather than set up genuine offences. Yes, he is good, and you would probably get bang for buck, but I think you want to look for the next Ty McKee (minus the driving indiscretions) who you can build a future on.

Reply #274422 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

lets face it,most really good imports have down side otherwise they would be in the nba.

whether it is between there ears or between there legs or even between the the walls of the local pub,it depends on how long a club can wear it or hide it.

there has been some crackers over the years....tiny pinder comes to mind and 'mean' al green another.

Reply #274424 | Report this post

Yep!!!!  
Years ago

Farley is almost naturalized and I hear Williams isnt far off

Reply #274427 | Report this post

Yep!!!!  
Years ago

And did you guys say Farely shot them out of the game in the hSH? I think Jackson did a good job of that early to set the tone. the for 6 shots of the game 3's from the PG. some of the shots Farley took were when the green light was on. Bottom line is the dude can still ball

Reply #274428 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

One of the highest paid players in the NBL (probably top two) and I don't know if he'd be worth it.

Reply #274439 | Report this post

hoops  
Years ago

Skull maybe there should be an NBL import stuff up thread.

McKee - DUI
Young- DUI
Smith- jailed
Pinder - jailed

any others?

Reply #274442 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

hoops - yep,sure would make for some colourful reading but i think isaac would be reading the legal act fairly quickly.

Reply #274450 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:58 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754