billo
Years ago

Hawks v Magic

Just checked the interweb to see how this one is playing out, thought there was an error but alas the scoreline appears to be accurate.

Early in the final quarter Magic are up 91-47.

Any stats buffs out there? Has any team ever doubled the opposition score in an NBA game? What's the greatest margin of victory in a playoff game? Lowest points scored in a playoff game? I remember the Bulls holding the Jazz to something in the 50's one time.

Stop the press - Hawks are ON A ROLL and it's game on again 93-55.

Topic #22906 | Report this topic

hereschenes  
Years ago

Oh dear... they should just call the series off. Or at least invoke that primary school rule where if you're up by a certain margin then you can't guard outside the 3-point line.

Reply #276351 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

That wouldnt even help the Hawks because Dwight would just under the basket and just go

BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK!

then NBA record for number of blocks

Reply #276365 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

biggest playoff loss ever by a hawks team since they moved to atlanta in 1972

Reply #276384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well the greatest points' win was the defeating Miami Heat by the Cleveland Cavaliers on December 17th, 1991. The score of this amazing game was 148-80. So it was not doubled.

Reply #276415 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wow! talk about a one-sided game.
The All-nba defensive teams have been named today, including the 1st and 2nd teams.
Can someone tell me why Ron Artest did not feature in either the 1st or 2nd team? One of the best defenders in the league can't make the NBA 1st or 2nd all defensive team.
I think its become too much about blocking shots. What I like about Artests defence is that he just plays hard nose in your face, and great containment defence.

How did Dwyane Wade make the All-NBA 2nd Defensive team over Artest?

Reply #276463 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

And no Bogut either. Could have easily made the 2nd team

Reply #276475 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:43 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754