SRT070
Years ago

Sixers import signings? are we leaving it late

Hey all im just wondering we virtually have the rest of our team signed but we dont have imports yet, and i know Marty Clarke said he wanted the Australian part of the team fully signed before focusing on imports to compliment the rest of the team. but my worry is by leaving it so late will we have a wide range of imports to choose from? it would suck for us to miss out on some good imports because we left it too late. what are your thoughts? does anyone know any imports which are possibly being looked at? im sure Marty has a list of who he would be thinking about for imports but its obviously not the main focus just yet.

Topic #22925 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

this isn't leaving it late

Reply #276598 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The season start is months and months away. A grand total of two "new" imports have been announced amongst nine teams and 18 import spots - Davison and McCullough (unless I'm forgetting anyone). A couple of imports from last season are being kept around - Lisch, Gruber (because he'll naturalise), Rickert, etc.

There's still NBA off-season camps to take place and things like that. The best options may be locked in deals abroad that won't wrap up until closer to the NBL season starting.

For fans, patience is the name of the game right now.

Reply #276601 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Yeah, when July hits; that's when I'd be expecting notice of import contracts.

Sixers could really do with a SwingmanSlasher at the 3-spot this year. Would be great to get another "Catallini" type mould for the spot.

Reply #276604 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Not having imports signed in September is leaving it late, but still gives you the chance to select from those imports that have NBA aspirations but dont make it. The team will not train together before August at the earliest. It is only May.

Reply #276605 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Still too early for anything.
Have patience.

Reply #276609 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

no worries, cheers for the replies. i thought it may have been a little early but i still wanted to make sure. when do teams start there preparation for the season anyway? i would have thought the earlier the better to get all the players getting along and so Marty has enough time to shape them up and improve there skills.

Reply #276612 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Have to balance that with burning out early, player availability, etc.

Reply #276615 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

No.

Reply #276634 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

no

Reply #276643 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

No

Reply #276650 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

Team will train together before August though, I'll tell you that much.

Reply #276657 | Report this post

Gravity Man  
Years ago

Plenty of time ,clarke wants two good imports not like the past if he can get a good guard and a swingman then sixers will not finish bottom again.

Reply #276658 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

No. Imports are the last piece of the puzzle. What teams have signed unknown imports at the moment? Plenty of time yet before the team starts practice.

Reply #276673 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

I think clarky is doing the right thing by waiting

He should continue to wait until the NBA summer league has started fly over to Las Vegas and recruit some guys that wont make NBA

Reply #276694 | Report this post

gavmiester  
Years ago

Id much rather see the boys sign someone they know is in game shape closer to the season's start. Signing someone now just leads to the chance that they go on the Antoinne Walker diet for 4 months before they get here.

Reply #276845 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Can we just get it over with and sign Shawn Kemp

Reply #276848 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:53 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754