DM
Years ago

ABL Live Stats?

Does anyone know what determines if there will be live stats for a game? I thought Sturt v North would definitely be available as it's Sturts home game but no luck so far?
Anyone at the game that can post live scores for women & men?

Topic #23022 | Report this topic

rocket  
Years ago

I was just following up on some stats and realised that there are no stats for senior div 1 players before about 2004.
What happened to player info? Doesn't BasketballSA value senior players any more?

I would have thought that if you want coaches, let alone senior players, to stay involved in the game, there would be an ongoing commitment to maintaining the database, let alone the history,of all who play and support top level basketball in the state.

Is the earlier data hidden somewhere, or has it been dumped?

Reply #278020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is up to the home team to connect and broadcast the game on live stats, North and centrals are always dodgy, South and Woodville are usually switched on enough to get them running, I think that BSA should fine clubs for not broadcasting.

Reply #278028 | Report this post

Devo  
Years ago

Not enforced by BASA.
Many clubs do not have the networks set up for on court link to the net.
I bring my own USB modem so my club can always go live.

Reply #278037 | Report this post

Who Me.  
Years ago

Forestville & Eastern pretty much are always on-line too.

And yes, I bring a USB Modem to do Live Stats as well (at my expense), why, because I like them going live if possible.

Gives a few former players currently Overseas a chance to check out the games

Reply #278051 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:07 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754