supporter
Years ago

First Ever Grand Final at Wayville Sports Centre

Great to have the finals at Wayville excellent venue. I am not complaining about this.
However , so all the revenue from bbq, canteen and stalls goes to one of the financially strong clubs.

I am sure that South and North would love to have the grand finals at their stadiums to raise some much needed money and generate interest in basketball in their area.

Topic #23728 | Report this topic

CJ  
Years ago

Just consider - which club has been without a venue for a month (during the Royal show)?
No revenue from canteen & bar, hire extra venues for trainings at higher rates then normal (BasketballSA compared with school/college gyms).
What income from stalls?
My understanding is that stalls will be displays only.
Gives Lightning & 36ers a chance to promote their season.
Finals to local stadia because that is what clubs wanted - not games at all stadia and presentations at Dome on Sunday.

Reply #288132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just think which club has lost a lot of canteen revenue due to BSA being able to restore their facility from a one court stadium to a second.

Give me Forestvilles woes over North's any time

Reply #288134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ you're kidding right?

Because BSA actually spent money to build Wayville, Forestville has received one benefit after another. Some would say Forestville's current success has a lot to do with the venue BSA has given it as a home. (Just think about the Men's ABA success built from Bar revenue as an example.)

Lightning games, Junior finals every season and now Grand Finals, every tournament BSA run such as SAPSASSA Finals, Masters Games, Special Olympics etc.

All events at which Forestville makes money for no reason other than it just happens to have BSA allocate that venue to Forestville as it's home.

Does it pay for having the best venue in Adelaide? No. It pays just the same court hire as North or South do for Hillcrest and Marion.

Does it pay to have the most usage in its stadium which leads to the highest customer base for its canteen and bar. No. It pays $0 for the canteen and bar yet makes thousands of dollars from both.

Every club in Adelaide would love to have been gifted the venue, events and now Grand Finals to make revenue from that Forestville has. Even if it meant losing its courts and income for 4 weeks of a 52 week year.

Reply #288138 | Report this post

Years ago

which clubs been without canteens - Centrals Norwood Woodville list goes on add North - poor poor Eagles -

why not games at the dome and share divends rather than fatten pocket of one club with leaky roof

Reply #288141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just hope it doesn't rain.

Reply #288142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I could care less about all the whingy political sooking about what club gets what.

But I do have concerns about the quality of the surface after the Show finishes - will it be safe for the players?

Reply #288148 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Perhaps we can take a shovel and bag into the stadium during the show and collect the dog poop and sell it off as another fundraising venture!

Reply #288153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good to see and hear the positivity radiating from the forum once again.

Reply #288158 | Report this post

What?  
Years ago

First ever GF at Wayville? I think not.

Reply #288168 | Report this post

Ian B  
Years ago

Lets hope the floors are not too damaged from all the traffic this week.

Reply #288175 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

There is a level playing field in this state, unfortunately, some clubs have been placed on different levels

Reply #289058 | Report this post

Rhea_bill  
Years ago

Or perhaps some clubs opperate at a higher level because of the amount and type of work they do, while other winge and complain like sooks.

Reply #289059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rhea what did work did clubs do to get new 3 court facilities to call their own?

Reply #289061 | Report this post

Rhea_bill  
Years ago

No-one has a 3 court facilty to call there own. No club has a studium that that BSA dont opperate.

Reply #289064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rhea I agree but clubs get "given" canteen and bar facilities in BSA managed venues.

Also the general parent and even a lot of informed people still believe a club's home venue is in some part that clubs.

I can promise you as a parent if I'm choosing between a Forestville and South and I know nothing about basketball, I'm going to Forestville simply because of their 'home' venue.

It does make a difference and it makes a huge difference.

And those clubs did zero work and gained a lot.

Reply #289069 | Report this post

ITK  
Years ago

CJ = Colin Jennings at a guess!

Reply #289070 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

LOL

Well spotted ITK. Hopefully the dots you have joined are the right ones.

BTW, I reckon I know why Forestville are hated - go to the website and listen to the club song. Reckon Eddie's got the suits on the case already - be careful Forestville once Eddie finds out.....

1,2 Eddie's coming for you
3,4 better lock the door....

Reply #289075 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:33 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754