just home
Years ago

hey music man !

how about punching this out game night ?

http://linky.com.au/qhhn9

Topic #23963 | Report this topic

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Im liking that!

6ers just need to get some fast, bassy songs that get the crowd and the team pumped i reckon! There a plenty of them out there that would get everyone going!

Reply #291416 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

I know it's been said on here before but what's the song that comes on during the warm up. Been looking for it for a while now

Reply #291418 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

While I think its a good track, stick with the favourites that most people enjoy. Yeah, sure they are the same tunes year in year out, but people get used to them.

Reply #291419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The chorus would be good for just before the start of the game. We need to have some songs that the crowd can clap and stomp to, to get them involved and make lots of noise.

Reply #291420 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

I think they need some more Hip Hop too. like Hip Hop hooray by naughty by nature. Ideally i wouldnt mind hearing some Hilltop hoods played at the basketball, like chase that feeling.

Reply #291424 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

i think i wrote this down in the after season survey saying that the music at the dome was sooooooo outdated and it really needed to be fixed, its like that annoying friend everyone has that loves one particular song and they play it over and over and over until its beated to death, then they play it a few more times, the dome had a tendency to do that a little. if they update that it will instantly better the atmosphere.

Reply #291425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Outdated

Hilltop hoods, bliss n eso, deadmau5

Reply #291449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmJWQ3-qzQA&feature=fvst

since you cant have swearing this version is still alright

Reply #291455 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Hey guys

Keep the suggestions coming. I was about to start a thread asking for some before I saw this thread.

As for 'Hello'. I though as soon as I saw it on the Footy Show grand final, that it would be a great track.

Reply #291456 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

i suggested instead of a Guy Sebastian live performance switch around to a Hilltop Hoods live performance, they are South Australian and im sure would like to do a pre game or half time show, surely??

could you imagine the crowd that would bring for some younger people that love Hilltops but never thought of going to the basketball?

Reply #291464 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Also, please remember that it is a family environment. Anything with profanity is a no no.

Reply #291469 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Yeh thats true skip, but hilltops can remove profanity. im sure it wouldnt be that hard. even if we just heard the tracks over the speaker system

Reply #291472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MGMT - Electrical Feel
Good Charlotte - Keep Your Hands Off My Girl
Presets - My People
Wolfmother - Joker & The Thief - as they run out!
Eric Prytz - Call on Me
Ian Carey Project - Get Shaky
Zoe Badwi - Free Fallin
Gyroscope - Baby Im Getting Better

Reply #291481 | Report this post

Outsider  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARpzavb7PQk

for the end of the game when we are winning

Reply #291483 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Outsider I think the Winning team, Losing team chant would be great but everyone in the building would have to participate or it would fail dramatically!

In not sure that during regular season games when we are in a position where the 6ers are unable to lose, that the crowd would be into the game enough for the chant to work. But definatly if we make finals with a full house it wouldsound so good!

Reply #291484 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

How about for when the players come out of the race this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOishe1frsY

its The Captured Vibe by Hilltop Hoods

no swearing and at about the minute mark the "everybody just scream" line would be great i think

Reply #291487 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Kinda gay but 'Check It Out' by Will.I.Am and Nicki would go alright during the games.

A few classic ones:

It Takes Two - Rob Base
Check The Rhyme - Tribe Called Quest
Gravel Pit - Wu Tang Clan
Hip Hop Hooray - Naughty By Nature
Fireman - Lil' Wayne
Crossover - EPMD
Kick Push - Lupe Fiasco
Party Up - DMX
Slam - Onyx
Rosa Parks or B.O.B - Outkast

Reply #291494 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster Album is full of fast paced tracks suitable for basketball.

Reply #291506 | Report this post

acobholmesfan  
Years ago

bring em out - ti ft jay z would be good for intros skip

Reply #291508 | Report this post

just home  
Years ago

sandstorm by da rude is a basketball favourite around the world

Reply #291510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If we have songs that the crowd participates in we need to "teach" them what to do. Have the MC tell everyone what to do durng a certain song and have them "practice it" maybe during a time out or at quarter time. That way the crowd will be more likely to get involved.

Reply #291522 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

I dont think it would be that hard to get the crowd into it to be honest. Dont we have the Sprint Auto Parts cheer crowd which is 100 or 100+ strong? if so give them the orders of getting the chants going when a song starts, i guarantee it will catch on. 6 of us last season just standing up chanting got the whole crowd going let alone 100+

Reply #291555 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:15 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754