Anonymous
Years ago

36ers Streaming Games

Will there be streaming games for the Adelaide 36ers again this year? Is it allowed under the new FTA TV deal, and will the 36ers do it for the home games not shown by ONEHD?

An extension - if you know, who else will be doing the streaming this year? Crocs? Perth?

Topic #23980 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard there wasn't going to be any Rivus style streaming this season?

Reply #291613 | Report this post

BB  
Years ago

Go to the games that will fix it

Reply #291618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

750km away from the nearest stadium. Wont be attending too many games, and OneHD isnt available in my area. Been a member since 2006, would be nice to know what option I have to watch my favourite sport???

Reply #291619 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

It would be a great service that I would use for almost every game if it actually worked. I tried it half a dozen times last season and it didn't work once as the stream quality was totally unwatchable.

If they have it this season I hope its dramtically umproved. If its going to be the same quality service as last season, then its no big loss not to have it.

Reply #291623 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

I was waiting for this thread to begin.

I hope they do stream but find a new group to stream them. Rivus sucked bad. Its like using telstra dodgey dial up.

It gives those in regional areas a chance to watch basketball when its way too far to travel to the BMC for games. $5 a pop and have a service that doesnt jam up or freeze on people

Reply #291626 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

Agreed that it is hard to get to games (i live in WHyalla) and we dont have one hd in this area, and with friday and sunday arvo games it rules me out. hopefully we will get one hd when the analogue is switched off.

Reply #291636 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I heard there will be live streaming at the crocs games this year.

Reply #291637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Rivus games via the Sixers crew sucked, all 3-4 games I saw were unwatchable but the once Crocs home game I saw on there against the Sixers was excellent quality.

Reply #291641 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

Exact opposite for me. The 36er home games were the best for me the crocs as tigers the worst.

Reply #291645 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I enjoyed four Sixers streams - two were choppy, two were great.
Two Tigers streams and two Crocs streams which both worked fine and a Perth LMSC? stream which was great.

I would like to see the club stick with it and hopefully iron out the bugs if possible.

Reply #291657 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

I only streamed one game which was Adelaide vs Melbourne tigers in melbourne, gotta admit quality was pretty damn shocking. It would be good to see iinet do some awesome streaming. damn government needs to lay out this fibre optic internets already so we can stream in High def

Reply #291661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LMSC's streaming from Perth was flawless & highly enjoyable. The technology obviously has merit, it seems to me to be just a matter of working through individual venue/provider difficulties.
That said, I think there are some contractual hurdles with broadcasting going FTA.

Reply #291691 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Hurdles can also be at the users end and not just the supplier, different people all trying to access from different isp's through varying connection speeds.

Reply #291714 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Watched one of Rivuses streams last year and was not happy with it. Was not willing to pay for another one.

Still would try again this year for games not at home or on OneHD. Can really apreciate the need for those not able to see any games.

Bring on the NBN.

Reply #291984 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:07 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754