Tru Blue Emcee
Years ago

To Toot Or Not Too Toot?

Ok ever since the world cup in South Africa, the HORN or Vuvuzela as we now know it, has had some tough and warranted negative repercussions.
But I dont mean to toot my own horn (pun intended) but I have been blowing my blue "Brett Maher Signed" horn for more than 10 years down at the home dome, and I wanna know what people think about it now the world cup is over.
I understand some horn blowers can be really annoying but I think if its used sparingly i.e. opposition free throws, during Defence chants etc. it can be an effective and intimidating tool to help propel the dome into the most hostile (not Julius Hodge stomp Hostile lol) place to play in Australia

Should it be allowed at the dome? is it allowed at the dome? or should I use my time at work more productively instead of on this forum lol

Topic #24075 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

I don;t mind them, but as long as it is only a few...problem is when you get lots of people blowing them at the same time.

FIBA have banned it at their events. Previous Hoops thread: http://linky.com.au/lt1d8

I'm actually not sure of the NBL's stance on the matter.

Reply #292797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and yet strangely they were for sale at the venues?

Reply #292806 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

They get too much especially when heaps do it at the same time.

I have no issues with it being used during opposition free throws. Hopefully the cheer squad do a lot more behind the goals during this time too, they were too quiet the other day.

It's also annoying when the blower gets blown in someone's ear in front. If you're going to sound it, please aim upwards away from people's ears.

Reply #292808 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Thought this was another Ben Cousins thread...

Reply #292809 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

i agree champ the horn has to be blown pointed upwards, maybe we need a licence to blow? with some simple rules in place...

Reply #292814 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could handle one of them used at the right times - after a big play, during FTs, etc. Do not want busloads of kids blowing them an entire game though.

Sad that the trumpet (auslot?) was banned because that was always used in moderation.

Reply #292816 | Report this post

Oberon 17  
Years ago

auslot had the trumpet going sunday in the "cheer squad"

Reply #292820 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

I don't mind 1 or two used at key moments, so long as they are not behind me ;-)

Reply #292823 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

i think i sit next to you Tru, you would have to be the most annoying unpleasent person at the Dome, lol nah they need to let ya horn be heard!!!!!!

Reply #292904 | Report this post

Rybags  
Years ago

blow your trumpet with pride.
Let him march boys, let him march

Reply #292940 | Report this post

Skudded  
Years ago

1 person has one 100 people will want one then it will be banned (hopefully)

I dont mind it in moderation, and to be honest never really noticed it last year at the games, which means it wasnt used obnoxiously.

I have more of a problem with loud Whistles, I'd like to be able to hear in the future and those being done behind me really annoy me

Reply #292945 | Report this post

auslot  
Years ago

yes guys it was me on sunday. Still hard not to be part of the cheersquad. I saw they where struggling a bit so i thought i would jump in and give them a hand.

I am sorely out of practice though and it showed when my lips gave up after about ten minutes.

Happy to keep playing (or attempting to) if it helps the team

I would be interested in anyones opinio

Reply #292964 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

While I didn't notice it in this game, I think it's a good part of 36ers games so keep at it.

Reply #292975 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:02 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754