Jacob
Years ago

NBA going tech crazy !

This is by far the worst I have ever seen it , so many different things to consider and I think it has completely killed off player - referee communication on the court !

As well as diminished emotion in the games . Ie. Deron Williams tech for barely slapping ball after throwing down dunk !

What does everyone think of the rule ? How long do you reckon it will last ?

I just think it's too hard on refs . And too many techs is so boring and anti- climax

Topic #24167 | Report this topic

illicit  
Years ago

i agree if a player is constantly complaining, or over reacting to refs calls, but atm the NBA seems like it wants it players to be robots, emotion makes the game,

waiting until a player hits a game winning shot, then get a tech for celebrating lol

Reply #294196 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

Couldn't of said it better , I hope the nbl does not go down this path !

Reply #294198 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

Need to change the rule. Even if they just allow the emotion to continue and give warnings than techs to those who constantly complain but let them show emotion it mkaes the game.

Reply #294199 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I think it's a case of the refs/league sending a message early in the season by being so pedantic. I'm sure they will back off a little bit once the players get the point.

Reply #294200 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

I hope they do , I think therr has already beenn 20 techs .

Reply #294201 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

It garbage......

Maybe introduce another type of foul. It's a pity unsportsman like is already taken, but call it something similar like 'Detriment to the Game (DTG) Foul'.

3 of these fouls per team per game equals 1 bench tech.

If a team has more than 50 over the course of the regular season equals a $1000 fine per foul (over the 50 mark) and that increases to $5000 per foul for anything over 65.

Reply #294206 | Report this post

jacob  
Years ago

totaally agree, i just say scrap and if a player starts to get annoying then 't' him up like the old days.

also something to note apparently every tech foul is a 2000 dollar fine, players will go broke, so maybe just another way for the NBA to make some cash, if thats where the moneys going !

Reply #294208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the NBA has looked at reasons why the general public may not watch the NBA and realised one reason is the way the players behave.

While a basketball fan may enjoy players reacting after a big block, or big foul or And 1 play the general public (and most of the non-basketball fans I have as friends) think the players are behaving like children.

Even as a basketball fan there are certain players/teams I can't stand to watch because of the way they sook and scream despite the fact no one touched them on a drive or the fact they missed the shot because, well they missed and not because some mysterious defender touched them. Gasol,Bryant/Lakers and Duncan/Spurs are two of the players/teams I just don't watch anymore. And I will generally watch any basketball that I can.

If I'm switching off because of the way players sook and complain, imagine how a non-basketball fan reacts when catching a few minutes of a game and sees the way these players behave.

Reply #294209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"players will go broke" Are you kidding jacob?

Reply #294211 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Who's kidding anon? Another tech foul and LeBron won't be able to buy his daughter that Caribbean Island for her birthday.

Reply #294213 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

The current Tech Foul system is a disgrace and a joke.
The League want the players to be like robots, which I disagree with.

NBA is a game of emotions and I like seeing the emotions coming from the different players.

I'd hate to see any of these laws appear in the NBL or any other league.

Reply #294302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barnes had one today, what a joke they need to chasnge it back

Reply #294309 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

I think they'll back off a little bit over the course of the season. What I see them trying to do is restrict 'emotion' to when the ball is not in play - time outs, end of quarter/game. That is a more appropriate time to show emotion and engage the fans; when the ball is being inbounded from a made basket or a foul is called that a player objects to, I think the best thing is to just keep the game going.

Reply #294339 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I think it will cool off as the season goes on. As soon as some of the big names start getting suspended for having to many techs stern will make the refs ease up....or at least I hope. Anyone see the tech Kevin Martin got in the season opener against the lakers??? running away from the refs shaking you head after a soft as butter foul now constitutes a tech.

Reply #294531 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:12 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754