What The
Years ago

No Finals for Phases!!!

There will be no finals for the District Div 3 phase teams, just a priemership ladder to assist with grading in the winter season. Kind of feeling ripped off - anyone else???

Topic #24218 | Report this topic

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

It's a GRADING season, the whole idea is to grade you appropriately for winter. You don't need finals for that.

Reply #294997 | Report this post

SDU  
Years ago

Just like last year. It's BS

Teams play games to win and lose. They play seasons for The same reason. It's rubbish. Basa is a joke

Reply #295006 | Report this post

Years ago

pro rel is the way to go.

no finals means everyone gets more games. and balanced games.

i am all for it - as long as the competitions committee is consistent with what they have done.

i'm all for pro / rel accross the board.

Reply #295014 | Report this post

Ceres 77  
Years ago

BSA competition committee consistantly say that they have right of subjectivity rather than rules to determine who goes intot div 2 or not. Pro/Rel is a waste of time.

Reply #295028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this the same for the Youth League 2 comp?

Reply #295031 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Promo/Rel is bullshit......If the Comps Committee thinks it is working,have a look at Youth League Women Div 3 Phase 1 Group C , or the Under 16 Boys Group E Phase 1 that have more byes.When parents pay subs, they want kids to play in the Summer, not train miss a game, train, miss a game

Promo/Rel is a classic BSA "We dont give a..." on anything lower than Div 2

Youth League will settle down, but some kids are going to walk after summer due tot he massive age difference.

Dont try and tell BSA Comp Committee anythoing though, you will just get redirected to your club secretary

Reply #295033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

youth league will be a disaster in a few weeks when they have div 2 teams playing div 4 teams, watch the thrashings, wonder who will be the first team to score 150 points.

they should have made a div 1 comp and a div 2 comp and then pro/relegation for the rest

Reply #295035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

annon the reason for the BYES is clubs. Blame BSA all you want but BYES are created by clubs pulling teams out. BSA has no control over that.

and to the last anonymous poster. The whole point of pro/reg is that teams play other teams of their level no matter if its their club's 2nd team in an age group or 4th.

From the outside it may look wrong but pro/reg actually creates closer more competitive games then the previous model.

Reply #295038 | Report this post

Years ago

i agree - a lot of the byes are about teams dropping out. then that often gets down to the individual player - "yes I'll play" a week or two in and if it's not who or what they want they just quit - which is their right - but it creates teams dropping out.

Reply #295041 | Report this post

Ceres 77  
Years ago

If Pro/Rel is there to create closer games, why isn't it used at Div 1 and 2 level? Where it is usually needed the most!

Reply #295044 | Report this post

Nix 75  
Years ago

Because the lower clubs want their "guaranteed div 1 spot". The better clubs want pro-rel and no guaranteed div 1 but as usual, mediocrity rules.

Reply #295047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because it would create a recruiting frenzy by the 'better' clubs. BSA would end up with 3 clubs left if pro/reg was applied to Div 1/2

Reply #295049 | Report this post

Years ago

we have played in pro rel since it has been started - and the kids think it is great - they get more balanced games. half the time it is only the parents who worry about what grade - most of the kids just want to play bball and do ok and not be thrashed - mind you they dont mid doing the thrashing LOL.

Reply #295050 | Report this post

Years ago

i beg to differ anon - if you have a look at all the tables - there is often one or two teams playing unrealistically out of their division. You will not find that in pro rel - div 2 it is capped at 2 teams per club - if a team is poor in div 2 - why not enforce div 3 ? - that doesnt mean the larger clubs will get in - if they have 2 teams they cant - maybe the div 2 could go to 10 or 11 teams instead of 12 ?

and after all we play in a sporting competition.

Reply #295051 | Report this post

annomouse  
Years ago

No we play in a league,

there is not real competition in it.

Reply #295053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Teams don't develop through winning easily or through being thrashed on a weekly basis.

There is currently a huge disparity in Div 2.
Some Div 2 teams would easily beat the lower div 1 teams, some Div 1 teams are losing by more than 20 points.
To make the youth league a true development leaugue, games should be as close as possible.

Therefore promotion/relegation should include div 1.

Reply #295054 | Report this post

ha ha  
Years ago

I have always loved the promotion-relegation system to be worth its while.May somebody tell me if a Western Magic team gets to top div 3,are they allowed to move up to 2 since they have a higher divs club to play for now in West?I would guess they let the second team in the div move up to div 2!

Reply #295057 | Report this post

Years ago

ha ha - that my friend is today's "can of worms" award. )))

Reply #295071 | Report this post

Years ago

relax - it's just a phase your going through... it will pass.

LOL

Reply #295079 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

magic are just a phase West will take you over and drain you dry THAT NOT A PHASE THAT A reality - Bearcat power

Reply #295095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic players just chose a proper club to play for,west or woodville and get it over with for once.

Reply #295122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The cats will takeover the magic,or just the best players.Warriors can have the rest ,after all they do now share the same stadium.

Reply #295124 | Report this post

Anonimouse  
Years ago

There are strong teams in the Div 3 pro/rel that could give weak Div 1/2 teams a thrashing. Why doesn't pro/rel apply across the board in the Summer ?

It would be really interesting to see just how good these Div 3 teams really are when they are beating the teams around them by 20-30 points.

Reply #295125 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

Have a look at the way players have to wait 5 weeks to get into there correct teams. It's not in the best interests of players to be playing 5 finals when kids are placed in the wrong grade to start with.

Reply #295156 | Report this post

What The  
Years ago

I kind of understand the whole grading process for the juniors as often kids/teams are often placed in certain grades with a whole lot of nepitism going on and some clubs like to "stack" the lower grades for club recognition & awards.

However is it this really necessary for seniors, particularly when a lot of our players alternate between seasons resting one playing one, what's to say that you are placed in a certain grade from the reslts of the Summer season and its a completly different team that enters in the Winter season??? As an adult playing in a senior comp you take the losses with the wins, if you can't handle the outcome and need an association to "grade" you perhaps you need to toughen up. Just a thought!

Reply #295199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, "what the". Pro/rel across the board! This will result in the closest and most enjoyable games for all.

Reply #295219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Promotion/relegation across the board would mean that forrestville and sturt would have 4 teams each in div1/2 i think thats why it hasn't been done yet.And i do think that Magic are done as far as higher divs go,it wont happen..

Reply #295236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No it wouldn't.
North 2 and Sturt 3 would go up;
West (sorry Bearcat power) and woodville would go down.

Reply #295314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would be great then the not so good clubs will be feeding their ABL teams out of div 3 downwards,lets just make district a 5 club competition.

Reply #295539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nah, it would be business as usual:
the not so good clubs feed their abl teams with players from other clubs

Reply #295545 | Report this post

old timer  
Years ago

it would be capped at 2 teams per club

Reply #295546 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:02 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754