Anonimouse
Years ago

Please fix Under 16 girls comp to reduce byes

Could we please rethink the under 16 girls comp to reduce byes. One way would be to:

Div 1- move 1 team up from Div 2
Div 2- Move 1 team up from Div 3

Div 3 is a bit of a mess for the girls in the bottom group. Have only played 3 games in 5 weeks.
Shift the top 3 from Div 3B into 3A (an 8 team comp)and then merge Group C into Group B (a 7 group comp for the rest of the season).

Comments?

Topic #24276 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Div 3 is a pro/reg system.

Everything changes after last night's round.

Div 1 & 2 won't change.

Reply #295798 | Report this post

BASKETBALL SA

44a Crittenden Rd., Findon SA 5023

Postal Address: PO Box 29, Findon SA 5023

Tel: (08) 8345 8600 Fax: (08) 8345 4212

Reply #295807 | Report this post

tom45tom45tom  
Years ago

switch to netball

Reply #295818 | Report this post

Years ago

been there a million times before - exactly why another club can not field a second team in div 1 when there is a bye is beyong me. Then becomes a barney who gets that - to me the highest ranked div 2 team.

obviously if south wanted the div 1 spot back the second team would need to move out for them - but i cant see that happening - looking at results.

so div 1 be prepared for a bye over the next 12 months.

and just hope your div 2 team is not playing the div 1 team that has a bye that week.... (bomb shelter keys please)

Reply #295820 | Report this post

i like the 8 team and 7 team pool idea - that second bye only came about by a team withdrawing - not bsa's fault.

Reply #295822 | Report this post

will probably end up with that anyway 8 and 7 - will become div 3 / div 4 over winter

Reply #295841 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Again its a no brainer-let MAGIC play higher divs.

Reply #296024 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I thought the clubs were supposed to provide at the minimum 8 names per team registered to play - that being the case why have teams been pulled out of the comp?

Reply #296064 | Report this post

problem solvered

Reply #296217 | Report this post

pepper  
Years ago

Phase 1 for the boys was just as bad. Teams in the lowest pool (F I think it was?) only had 2 games out of 5 - there were 2 teams with a buy every week due to 2 other teams pulling out. Why they couldn't just play each other is the question, just had to move one team each week.

Reply #296390 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:00 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754