Isaac
Years ago

Creek minor ankle injury, will miss Hawks game

The Adelaide 36ers wil be missing youngster Mitch Creek when they take on the Wollongong Hawks Friday night. Mitch has suffered some light ligament damage to his right ankle after landing on a team mates foot awkwardly at training.

Mitch said of his injury "it is disappointing to miss my first iiNet Championship road game but having said that health is the most important thing. I will most defeinetly be cheering the boys on when i watch the telecast on One HD."
Sturt Sabre, Tom Daly, will be elevated to the traveling team in Mitch's place.

Creek is expected to miss only one game.

The 36ers still await clearance for Eddie Shannon to play tomorrow night.

Topic #24486 | Report this topic

Nutwork  
Years ago

Not happy, was looking forward to watching him play. Let's hope Eddie can get on the court.

Reply #299052 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yeah, I was really looking forward to seeing him play.

Reply #299053 | Report this post

Years ago

Did he really manage to fit two sponsors into his sentence when he spoke it out loud? Impressive.

Reply #299055 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

AHH damn it. im in the boat with the others, i was really keen to see him play again, but agreed that health is first, no point going out doing his ankle good and proper for the sake of one game. if Shannon doesnt get clearance in time i think we will be in a lot of trouble tomorrow.

Reply #299056 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

That sucks! I was looking forward to seeing him play on TV Friday night as I have the time slot reserved.

I missed last weeks home game due to work xmas dinner.

Hopefully the paperwork is sorted for our import to play and allow us all to watch.

Reply #299073 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I too was looking forward to seeing him play his first iiNet Championship road game on ONE-HD. Guess I will have to kick back in front of my Samsung TV with some Charminar Curry and a few Boags Draughts and just hope that Shannon gets a run.

Reply #299077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Shannon cant play Daly will have to get some minutes.

Reply #299079 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Judging by the article anon it sounds like Daly will definitely get minutes.

Reply #299085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

daly wont get any minutes, carter handle the ball and when carter rests devires will handle the ball. daly wont get on the court

Reply #299101 | Report this post

Ineedmore  
Years ago

Hey it's disability night at the "gong. He should still play damn it. I missed the game last week too.....

Reply #299103 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I was going to comment on the:

"it is disappointing to miss my first iiNet Championship road game but having said that health is the most important thing. I will most defeinetly be cheering the boys on when i watch the telecast on One HD."

but I got beaten to it multiple times.

Reply #299111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm thinking about getting an Eagle Boys pizza for the game tomorrow night.

Anyone know what they're like? Never had one before.

Reply #299112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How much you going to give me if Daly gets on, why would they take him, and have to pay him

Reply #299120 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Back up in case Carter gets in foul trouble or injured. Daly might get on, but I wouldn't be betting either way.

Reply #299123 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Nothing to do with Basketball but Skip, how much did Samsung, Charminar and Boags pay you to plug their products? Oh, I think you've also made a plug for Guess products. Did they also pay you?

Reply #299134 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How did they pay you? Visa? MasterCard? PayPal?

Reply #299176 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Depends if he is in any way affiliated with Wikileaks.

Reply #299203 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Always take the payment in Cash. Usually in a 3M Envelope.

Reply #299204 | Report this post

Years ago

Purchased from Officeworks?

Reply #299218 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:45 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754