Ando
Years ago

Hodge's tweet talk enrages 36ers

I can't believe this a$$ clown is at it again. God I hope there is no truth in what this fool says!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/hodges-tweet-talk-enrages-36ers/story-e6frecj3-1225969556833

Topic #24508 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

He should just let his bball to the talking. You must admit he is a great player!

Reply #299468 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Oh if only that guy could shoot.

And I'm not talking about Julius.

Enough of this guy already.

Reply #299472 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

Orbit, when did Julius ever fit into a 'great player' as you write?

We are still waiting for a half decent jump shot

Reply #299474 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Homicide a great player? MVP?

Reply #299476 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

What is his motivation to say this?

Does he seriously think any NBL club will pick him up?

Let's face it. Season 2007/08 he did play well and so we wanted him back in 2008/09. He came back in 2008/09 after what could, now, be possibly described as "colourful contract negotiations" which ultimately lead to claims of non-payment and the "he-said, they said" scenario.

We'll never know the full truth, so really....that's history, move on.

So, even though he walked away from the club in what could be described as a very un-professional manner, you could almost excuse him for "acting under agent's orders". His excuse could be that he was just a patsy for a greedy agent.

Then season 2009/10. He commits the unforgivable stomp - NBL career over.

Reply #299480 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

No we do not want you back!!!!

Reply #299482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He writes that stuff so you all come on here and write about him.

It's called ego.

And it seems to have worked.

Reply #299483 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

this is exactly what julius wants. I say ignore the chump. He is a legend in his own mind. Sixers would never make that mistake again

Reply #299486 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I knew this sort of talk and rumour would pop up soon and it has as we've seen in today's paper and on here.

I don't want him back. He can play with another team and be a villann, but no thanks to the 36ers.

Reply #299489 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Sad sad man.

Reply #299491 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I loved Bens response - we're looking for quality human beings!

Reply #299492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wat team in their right mind would want the drop kick. Bang bang.

Reply #299495 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

But that doesnt make sense!
Who writes tweets that are false so that people can badouth someone. Thats just twisted in so many ways.
What a gronk!

Reply #299501 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

It's quite possible he still has contacts in Adelaide that are closely involved with the organisation. With all the talk about import spots recently, a comment, not necessarily an offer, might have been put to him.

Never fearing controversial, a tweet has caught the attention of a journo who's newspaper rarely print basketball stories that extend beyond Adelaide import players, and preferrably those who are controversial or about to be sent home.

The Sunday Mail's love affair with Hodge continues.

Reply #299503 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Sour Grapes it seems...

Reply #299504 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

We know , from SYD and MEL that his agent and he have contacted them . There probably was some contact with ADL. It never ocuured to me , the NBL to supply information in this Hodge situation.

Reply #299505 | Report this post

johnny somec...  
Years ago

bring him back im all for it he is a great player. The past is the past resign him and give him a chance to make amends and win us sixers fans back over.

Reply #299506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he can't shoot

Reply #299508 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Oops, johnny somec... better write re-sign instead of resign or you'll get Sector 7G back in here coming down on you like a tonne of bricks ;)

Reply #299510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get of the crack johnny somec......!!!

Reply #299514 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Hodge IS a great player; you don't exactly need to hit the full range of shots in order to be a great player.

The man just happened upon an attitude change in his 2nd stint w/ the club that came out of nowhere. Can only assume that whatever contract screw-ups occured brought it out. Whether he holds it against the fans or the club, no one knows. But long story short, rather than just talk about it and get it over with, he's now choosing to milk a bad situation.

Reply #299528 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Hodge is crazy, no chance, the only way i would beleive it if he named the offical and then someone could ask the person directly to see if true.

Its a pity that Hodge appears a bit delusional and full of himself, if he had a good attitude and was a great team mate, eg someone like D-mac or Copes who by all reports were great team mates and lasted in the nbl a long time, just imagine how good he would have been, any guy who can average 25pts p rbds and 6 assists in his first stint, with basically no shooting range must be a amazing player which he is, he just doesnt have the attitude.

I wish he would drop the im above the NBL stuff to, as he clearly was interested in playing for the Tigers, Kings and Blaze, the club would have chosen not to sign him. Kings coaches were rumoured to have laughed at the thought, Him humbling himself, admitting he did the wrong thing by skipping out on the game without telling anyone after he had been paid, and improving his rumoured poor training attitude would go along way to getting him back in the NBL if he wants that to happen ever. I think most people would go ok i see your frustration if not been paid for a month, can understand you skipping the game if not being paid (plenty of people would strike from their job if not being paid) and accept the fact he made the mistake by not informing his coach/team mates (we all make mistakes, if you apologies admit to your error (he wasnt the only one in the wrong) most people will accept that and move on), and he would be welcomed back by most people in any NBL club IMO, due to his an deniable talent, however with his current ego/attitude most seem to say its not worth it.

I'v always believed no matter how talented you are honesty and a good/positive/hard working attitude in all things in life is EVERYTHING! look at a guy like Brett Maher as an example of those things!

Reply #299530 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I'm sure Ben wouldn't mind me posting this. Good comment I thought:

"Ben Fitzsimons: Feel sad for people who continue to make choices driven purely by how much attention the outcome will get. Even if they have to invent things to get that attention."

As for him being a great player, no. He puts up great individual numbers. That's it.

Reply #299570 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Hodge improvised the interview that the Sunday Mail eventually ran.
Sixers told the Sunday Mail that DeVries will be good after injury recovery - then sacked him, Sunday.
But, harmlessones just dumb , geech-like phrase - stood out for mine.

Reply #299577 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

I cannot believe that the Sunday Mail ran the story.

Pathetic journalism.

Reply #299598 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ballinger Fan - I agree. Waste of time responding to a troll just to get pageviews. I don't think it was enraging as much it was mystifying and saddening.

Reply #299602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like the irony in benny's "quality human beings"...

Maybe if he actually treated hodge like a quality human being than all this crap mightve not happened

Reply #299604 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

What came first? The chicken or the egg?

What came first? Hodge being a cockhead or Hodge being treated like a cockhead.

Answer: Hodge being a cockhead.

...it was the egg, too.

Reply #299607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All the people who think the 36er's did not approach Hodge and try and solve the issue are wrong.

The evidence of board over riding the coach is clear. The evidence I have seen.

So Hodge is right in this case........

The board wants him back the coach doesn't

Reply #299635 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

Julius shouldn't you be packing for Europe not posting on Hoops?

Reply #299643 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Dude's life continues to spiral into obscurity.

Let it go - no one cares.

Reply #299664 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

I like how people are making a call based on what happened here with the payment but seem to neglect what the team said when he left. im pretty certain Brett Maher referred to him as a "cancer on the team" and he wasnt talking about his star sign. if the team felt that way then i dont want a bar of it no matter how good he is (which he isnt). its a "team" game not a julius game.
Julius needs to stop being a keyboard warrior and needs to stop acting like a spurned lover

Reply #299666 | Report this post

Perthie  
Years ago

'Oh if only that guy could shoot.

And I'm not talking about Julius.

Enough of this guy already.'

ROFL!!!

Reply #299859 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:48 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754