I'll be there
Years ago

logan v lightning

pasadena's first wnbl game.

Cayla and Kristen carrying very good form for Logan into the game with good stats from last night's thrashing of perth.

should be a good game

Topic #24561 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

take a friend is my suggestion

Reply #300591 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I would normally have said that being game 2 of the doomsday double, and being a team noted for being inconsistent, Logan might not be such as sure a thing in this game as the odds suggest.
However the Waves did a wonderful job of playing them into form last night without making them work hard, so I'm not really liking the Lightning's chances so much.

Bit of a gap starting to open up now in the WNBL standings between the legit teams and the bottom 4 of AIS, Adelaide, Townsville & West Coast.

Reply #300608 | Report this post

Years ago

townsville are surprisingly below my pre-season predictions.

Just hope the lightning don't let the thunder push them around like canberra did the other weekend - they just intimidated us physically and need strong refereeing next time.

demya was the only one that stood up to the continual bump and push by the caps

Reply #300629 | Report this post

bang  
Years ago

why are the lightning sticking with an import that plays 3 min a game????

someone seems to be keen to throw money away.

Reply #300684 | Report this post

Noose  
Years ago

From ABC.net.au/sports

In Sunday afternoon's late fixture, Logan moved to within a game of the league's top three with an 85-76 win over the ninth-placed Lightning in Adelaide.

Renae Camino and Kristen Veal put up 18 points each for the visiting Queenslanders, with the latter also adding 12 rebounds and nine assists.

The Thunder led at every break although the second half was a tight affair with the Lightning actually outscoring Logan 43-42 after the halfway point.

Mia Newley had a game-high 20 points for the hosts while Demya Walker produced a near triple-double effort with 12 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists.

Reply #300695 | Report this post

NBA2K11  
Years ago

Same old same old, Lightning either can't or are just flat out unwilling to play team defense. Any WNBL team can get whatever shot they want against the Lightning at any time. You can't consistently get 80 - 90 points dropped on you every week. Perhaps Lightning coaching staff could get some video on the Perth Wildcats to show the Lightning players how you play tough & uncompromising defense for the entire game. No communication, no rotation & no dedication at the defense end sums up the Lightning!

Reply #300703 | Report this post

I feel we need to set more than one player on ball or away screens to get our "go to" players open.

the teams that are getting open on us are running staggered or double screens with strong cuts from the weak side.

emma langford is such a worker on the court.
Caitlin Cunningham did well.

a few shooters were off their game today.

liked pasadena as a venue a bit lighter and "airier" than wayville

good to see the team and coach go to the centre huddle at the end of the game and everyone wave - missed that last game.

Reply #300724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have to ask who the go to players are? Game revolves around Marino and she doesn't possess the game to warrant game high minutes week in week out and is more suited to being an off the bench 'hit me some 3's player'
Martin is disappointing and like a lot of players seems only to be able to play in good teams when others feed her.

Reply #300759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you reckon the Coach could give her some court time,she was the runnerup for the Halls wasn't she? What has happened to the Lightning they are all playing for themselves no leadership on or off the court.

Reply #300763 | Report this post

Years ago

Definite a lot of individuals, the new import is a selfish "look at me" player. Her verbal stoush at Veal mid court was embarrassing. Perhaps she could realise that everything does not revolve around her and that she could also take off the head phones through warm ups!!!

Reply #300764 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

If wearing a set of headphones results in an almost tripple/double, then I will donate a set for every person in the team.

Reply #300776 | Report this post

Fisher89  
Years ago

I noticed one of the new rules come in to play with this game.

There was a foul on the Lightning and a Tech foul follwed on the Logan player for excesivly throwing her elbow.

I think this happens often during the games but have never seen it called.

Perhaps the Lightning need to show some of that type of agression during games

Reply #300788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wasn't it foul on nixon for the hold, foul on logan for the fend off, tech foul on logan for bitching bout the call def was three fouls called in there

Reply #300792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Highlight of the game for mine was Marino shooting an errant 3 from a clear out at the top of the key then being subbed off. Brehney going up to her to have a word and her walk straight past him with no eye contact and saying "I don't even want to hear it".

There are situations where I feel that she and her family have been harshly treated but that was a disgrace.

Reply #300794 | Report this post

bang  
Years ago

heard exactly the same story re marino, that plus the headphones and the lack of intensity at practice spells Seeya coaches.

Bring some balls or get out.

Reply #300797 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:45 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754