Coast Voice
Years ago

Marty Clarke on Coast FM tonight

For those interested tune into Coast FM 88.7 FM at 6-30 to hear Marty Clarke on the Sportscap with Jason Dix and Raj Singh.

Topic #24684 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Said he was really talking about how he would've liked to have been able to play Sam Harris in that MEL game but NBL rules don't allow it , now they've bought Creek in, and what do we do about Rhys Carter-Aaron Bruce... Talkin bout being more flexible extended roster , rather than getting rid of Imports.
Mentioned Oscar playing well with more minutes and the reporter wrote it up the way he did and Paul's NBL article was written off that.

( Good to see that we will recognise Coops and Davo , here on Saturday nite.)

Reply #302878 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

And wot AFL Club wouldn't have signed Creek , if we hadn't , seeing he doesn't wanna go to College......
He'd told the reporter who wrote it up a bit differently.

Reply #302879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he would've like to suit up Sam Harris? I'll like to suit up Shaq just for game against Perth too. but apparently rule doesn't allow me to

Reply #302883 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

They have 4 points spare, they could have Harris on an 11 man roster they would just have to sit someone else out of the ten for that particular game. The rules didnt stop that one but the Carter-Bruce one seems like a bit of an odd rule if true.

Reply #302887 | Report this post

Coach C  
Years ago

Thought Marty explained the situation very well..

Good interview with some good insight as to wher he thinks the group is at.

Interesting that 40% of the team have played 5 games or less...

Half the team is new...

Reply #302920 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Melbourne have made it clear they were going to be big from the very beginning - there is nothing new there. If you want an extra big to match up on them, could always sign one at the start. Not like we can blame injuries (which have been to guards).

Reply #302926 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Sounds like to me another poor excuse by Clarke saying he would have liked to have had Harris play but couldn't when he could have just left Bruce or another player out of the team.

Why not start Johnson instead if you are searching for height.

Reply #302928 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Isaac you are half right Melbourne are not big but huge . Their overall average height would be 10% at least above any other team.
I wished Clarke would shut up to media for awhile as currently the more he says I get more doubts about his ability.
As previous poster said can leave someone out of 10 to use Harris if wanted to.
He has shown no confidence in using DJ who is much more advanced than Harris so why would he use Harris if could.
Marty just do your job with the knowledge you have and dont make stupid excuses or brag before you have achieved something.
Still believe Clarke was a good choice of coach but got a lot of work to do and should just get bum down and mouth zipped

Reply #302940 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think in time, once he has instituted a strong culture at the club and they are a consistent team that people will come around. His attention to the fundamentals will hold the team in good stead I think. Of course, only time will tell.

Reply #302944 | Report this post

Coach C  
Years ago

King James, current rules exclude Marty from suiting up Harris again for the rest of the season which was the point he made last night.

Did you listen to him explain it or are you just commenting on what you have heard third hand..

Reply #303002 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

He did say also - Melbourne to win more games
now they've found their main centre (Nevill)
and added Williams who wouldn't wanna play the shuffle.

Reply #303095 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

and he was right as they beat Perth in Perth last night!

Reply #303230 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:19 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754