The Special 1
Years ago

36ers line-up needs a centre

ok i dont care what anyone thinks but we need a centre, eg Sam Harris. I know we have Jacob & he is the leading rebounder for the sixers, Ballianger has also been awesome.
The fact is we need to get more rebounds as the last few games showed, give Harris a go. I know he is slow but look at Rees. Paul was a legend in the NBL, he was the slowest guy in the comp. We lost Cooper & now we have NO centre. Poor Ballinger is playing in centre with Holmes, both players out of position. Come on Marty you are an awesome coach but use your head.
I also said before the game started last week was WTF is Bruce in the team, he can not play. He is the new turn over king & has taken over Hill in that area. At least Hill has shown improvement

Give Bruce 4-5 min court time, anymore & we loose. I predicted DeVrise & Winders departure. I have this one right also.

The game tonight is going to be tough.

Topic #24756 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

You are indeed a special one.

Bruce is in the line-up because Carter is injured.

We don't lose because we don't have a centre, we lose because we don't match other teams on the boards. Who was playing centre for Perth against Wollongong? Redhage, Trueman and Majok (for a handful of minutes). I think Hire (not big by any stretch) plays as one of their forwards. They out-rebounded the Hawks because they were more committed.

Who's in the middle for Gold Coast? Clark (around the same height as Ballinger) and Garlepp.

Reply #304089 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Why not play Sam Harris?

Strange coaching...

Reply #304093 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

@ orbit because he is not in the team idiot

Reply #304094 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I wish some people would not come on here and dumb the forum down. I hope and expect Bruce to get more than 5 mins today and prove that the Special one is exactly that.. Sixers by 11

Reply #304096 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I am really getting annoyed with all this Sam Harris talk, if is good enough he would have signed a contract for a team. Just because he is tall doesn't make him a good player

Reply #304097 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Each of the 2 Imports have gone quiet lately.
It's one of the reasons we lose (and Bruce plays more mins)
Imagine if they put up good numbers we'd win today.

Reply #304098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You do have a center, Daniel Johnson, unfortunately for Adelaide fans he is softer than Liberace in the playboy mansion!!!

Reply #304099 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

Totally agree with Big Sexy. If Harris was any good, surely someone would have signed him in a roster spot. Teams keep trying to keep him as 11th man hoping that they can develop him, but fact is he's just not good enough to play as a roster spot.

Maybe next year run with Carter and Bruce and look for an import centre??

Reply #304101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with quasi, except I don't think we necessarily need a centre, just a banger who can grab boards and finish strong around the rim, a bit of an enforcer.

Reply #304102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you think

Reply #304103 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

we obviously need a centre, but harris would be exposed. i think feet speed was mentioned by clarke.

johnson has potential but wants to play like he is 6'7.

Reply #304105 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I wish we invent our own style rather than trying to replicate what Perth are doing. By the time we get it right the league will have chnaged and we will behind the eight ball again. Look how the Magpies have chnaged the AFL game plan.

Playing small ball is not the way to go IMO

Reply #304106 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

The moment they DIDNT sign Schenscher because of the 'crazy money' he was supposedly asking, was when the season took a nose dive. DJ has been ordinary to say the least, and Harris isnt even an option.

Reply #304107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, we need a centre. Use an import spot to get one next season!

However, Bruce has been one of the best players for the 36ers since he came back and this was also shown tonight. He makes good decisions and good passes and can shoot abit and at the right times. Not to mention his D! Keep him for next season i'd say.

Hill, have to hand it to him, this game we looked better when he was on then when he was off. He is getting his hands in the passing lane, getting a few steals and his driving to the basket has improved drastically across tonights game and the last quarter v NZ Breakers.

Reply #304125 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Marty made a comment after the game which I didn't quite understand. It was relating to the NBL rules which sort of says (and I may not have got this right) that when a player plays & then stops playing ie in sitting on the bench, he can't come back and play. Does this sound right or did I get the wrong end of the stick?

If that was a rule (albeit a stupid one) it would explaing why they have been able to put Sam in the game even if he was sitting on the bench.

Reply #304146 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Don't know if even the NBL understand their own rules!

You need to be a Philadelphia Lawyer.

Reply #304152 | Report this post

Anthman  
Years ago

We would be alright if we had a Jacob Homles who can shoot despite being able to rebound he is not big enough to set good screens and hit the offensive glass consistently. (Although he shoots better from further out which does not help the team)

Reply #304157 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

An import centre?

We all know that any decent import Centre will be way above the budget we have.

I am guessing the best we could get in that mould would be Ira Clark.

Develop Johnson IMO.

Reply #304173 | Report this post

The Special 1  
Years ago

please correct me if i am wrong but every time we (sixers) come up against quality opposition we struggle on the boards, manly when we play away.

Reply #304241 | Report this post

The Special 1  
Years ago

bring back Dusty (the dust buster). Awesome rebounder & when he misses a shot gets his own rebound

Reply #304242 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

The Special 1... you are a knob.

"I also said before the game started last week was WTF is Bruce in the team, he can not play. He is the new turn over king & has taken over Hill in that area. At least Hill has shown improvement

Give Bruce 4-5 min court time, anymore & we loose. I predicted DeVrise & Winders departure. I have this one right also.

Not even close ....

Reply #304248 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

"The Special 1... You are a knob."

This just about covers it.

Reply #304251 | Report this post

The Special 1  
Years ago

NFI guys, Bruce wasted a few good shots when he could have passed & looked for the opening

Reply #304255 | Report this post

The Special 1  
Years ago

In the know, more like In the dark. Bruce is a wast of space.

Reply #304257 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I will spell it out to again you tool. "Give Bruce 4-5 min court time, anymore & we loose"

Here are his stats you clown .

7 Aaron Bruce GRD 18:15 4/8 50 (field)1/4 25 (3s)1/2 50 (foul) 1 3 4 (rebounds)4 (assists) 1 (turnovers, TURNOVER KING ?) 0 0 0 1 1 10 (Points)

I hope that is simple enough for you to read!

You comments are totally uneducated and funny. You cearly have no basketball knowledge, or any insight to what is good and what is bad. Crawl back into your hole and stop posting your crap.

Reply #304264 | Report this post

The Special 1  
Years ago

please in the dark. that is one game what bout the last 2 games. check out those stats.
look i dont want to get into an argument this is my own personal opinion

Reply #304267 | Report this post

The Special 1  
Years ago

No knowledge, i predicted Winders & DeVries departure. please no knowledge i was going to the games while you were an itch in your dads pants

Reply #304268 | Report this post

The Special 1  
Years ago

O & In the Dark when was your last post??????? All i see is you bagging others. Your knowledge is just as good as some of my 5 year old patients hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reply #304272 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

"look i dont want to get into an argument"

*continues childish arguing*

Reply #304275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Special(needs) 1,

Bruce played 18 minutes and we won.

You said if he plays more than 5 minutes and we would lose. Obviously an incorrect statement. And therefore may show a lack of knowledge.

I would suggest there are some nights Bruce will play better than others, some night he will actually help us win, while other nights he may contribute to a lose. Not sure if yo can pin the results of a team purely on 1 player who comes of the bench.

Obviously you are special, but we all understand.

Reply #304276 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Is the special 1, the awnser from a year or 2 ago?

3 more weeks, and school holidays will be over thank god.

Reply #304279 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:33 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754