skip
Years ago

Hoops FNBL Round 16

Round 16
Bizzy v Xztatik
TR v DB5
Beantown v Lockie
skip v Statman

Results from round 15 should be up in a couple of hours.

All free agents are restricted until 9am tomorrow.
C TOM, Jaydan
C JANEV, Blagoj
C HARRIS, Sam
C PETRIE, Anthony
C RICKERT, Rick *
F ADEPOJU, Moses
F ANTHONY, Benny
F BALCOMBE, Jarrod
F BLANCHFIELD, Todd
F BREBNER, Dean
F GRUBER, David *
F CEDAR, Chris
F DAVISON, Bennett *
F DAWSON, Gareth
F FREEMAN, Gabe *
F GRIZZARD, Rod *
F HENRY, Leon
F HIRE, Greg
F HOLLIS, Ben
F JACKSON, Daniel
F MAYE, James *
F MCCULLOUGH, Taj *
F TRUEMAN, Jeremiah
F TUDEHOPE, Keegan
F VASILJEVIC, Pero
F WARBOUT, Jan
F BREBNER, Dean
F ZUNIC, Edin
G BARRY, Jordan
G BLOXHAM, Josh
G CADEE, Jason
G CAMPBELL, TJ *
G COOPER, Luke
G DALY, Tom
G DE VRIES, Troy *
G DELANEY, Zac
G FLINN, Matt
G WEBSTER, Corey
G GLEESON, Shaun
G HUDSON, Darryl *
G RYAN, Damien
G KENDALL, Luke
G MITCHELL, James
G QAAFOW, Yusuf
G PRIOR, Jarrad
G HENARE, Paul
G STEPHENS, Tommy
G STONE, Robbie
G TAIT, Lindsay
G TEYS, Brendan
G WAGNER, Joel
G WEEKS, Jarrad
G WESTOVER, Boden
G WHITE, Kevin
G WILLIAMS, Kerry
G WILLIAMSON, Drew
G WINDER, Craig *

WAIVER ORDER
1 Statman
2 skip
3 DB5
4 TR
5 Xztatik
6 Beantown
7 Lockie
8 Bizzy

Topic #24810 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

This season is a write-off and going in to total tank mode.

Every single piece of garbage on my roster is available....

Reply #305265 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Ah TR, I do feel for ya.

Just had a quick glance at your team and there is not one player there I would be keen on at all!

Maybe Crawford after a couple of pints! :-)

Reply #305270 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

TR,

Rhys Martin for Corletto?

Reply #305274 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Official Round 15 scores are in..

Bizzy 445 defeated DB5 211
TR 163 lost to Lockie 232
Beantown 277 lost to Statman 329
skip 304 defeated Xztatik 292

Only percentage now seperates Xztatik & Statman at the top of the table.

I will email out full results shortly.

Reply #305293 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Statman. Done...

Reply #305302 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Statman - Happy to confirm the trade?

Reply #305306 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

So lucky that TR doesn't actually have anyone who could significantly improve Stat's team...

Reply #305317 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Yep confirm away....fingers crossed :)

Reply #305340 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

TRADE DONE

Rhys Martin moves up to the Gold Coast whilst Daryl Corletto heads to Canberra.

Reply #305342 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Darly Corletto is doomed to now sustain a season ending injury...

I didn't even piss off any Native Americans or Indigenous people either....

Reply #305354 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

TR - I will be happy to trade Bruce to you for Crawford.

...onto my 3rd pint now.

Reply #305356 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Jesus 445 thank you very much

Reply #305360 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Skip, trade done...

Crawford for Bruce

Reply #305381 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Confirmed!

Helps me out with my Sixers overload.

Bruce heads to Canberra, Crawford joins the Daggers.

Reply #305388 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Don't forget the first game this round is tomorrow arvo (Live on Ten!).

Also, come the play offs you will not be able to delist/sign any new players so make sure you don't carry any injured players. Don't forget as well that the bottom four will also battle it out during the playoffs. (If we have 2 leagues next season, they would battle it out to avoid relagation)

I am considering closing the Trade window after Round 18. This is to prevent any dodgy trades to load up other teams. Please let it be known if you have any major objections.

Reply #305454 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Shit I knew there was a trade deadline but I thought you could still sign/release players.

I'm strongly against a rd18 deadline FWIW, but tanking trades shouldn't be legal.

Reply #305460 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Skip, what is the last round before finals?

Reply #305472 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

X - The Problem is, how do you draw a line between a 'tanking' trade and a legit one?

Reply #305474 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

The semi finals are Rounds 22 & 23.

The Grand Final is Rounds 24 & 25.

Remember that you score in the finals will be the 2 rounds combined. (So think of it as 2 halves)
Although you will not be able to sign/trade/delist any players during this time, you can still make changes to your Roster between rounds (ie Captain, Bench, etc)

Reply #305478 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

It requires a bit of subjectivity I know. A tanking trade would be something like the 2 we've just seen. I think you could make the right calls on that, and I don't think moving the deadline would wipe those trades out completely either.

Reply #305483 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Skip, so your saying that in the break between the semi final and the grand final we cant make any delistings/new player signing off the FA list?

and X - cant see how my trade is a tanking trade? just because TR said he was blowing up his team. I moved Corletto out and Martin in, hardly what youd call a steal, more I wanted a Hawk in my team over another Tiger.

Skip seemes to have done the same thing in moving Bruce

Reply #305491 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

X - Lets look at those trades.

Corletto is worth 7 points on the points cap to Martins 6.

Martin has an average of 20 points a game, BUT has only played four games and only one of those would be classed as a great game fantasy wise. (against Perth when he played nearly all of the game due to injuries). Take away that one game and his average is the same as Corlettos.

Stats has pretty much cemented a finals spot, yet he has brought in a guy who only plays two less games than Corletto in the Finals.

As for Bruce and Martin, My main objective was to lessen my load of Sixers. They have both averaged similar numbers in the last 3 rounds and you would expect Bruce to get better over thge next month.
Crawford also plays one less game than Bruce (who I presume will see out the season with Ng now gone) in the last 4 rounds too.

You also just said in this thread 'So lucky that TR doesn't actually have anyone who could significantly improve Stat's team...'

Reply #305493 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Stats -Correct.

Team lists are locked come playoffs. Only the line up of the team can be altered. Same as last year.

Reply #305496 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

No no, I'm not saying those trades are lopsided at all, but that's only because TR doesn't have anyone that could create an unfair trade. If he could have traded a superstar for a scrub I'm sure he would have. He just came out and said he'd sacrifice his own success and accept any trades to help other teams FFS! Just because he didn't have anyone of some value doesn't mean they're not tanking trades.

Note, I'm not whinging about these trades because I don't think they make much difference but if TR had a 35-point player to trade for Bruce, just so you could beat me I'd be pretty pissed lol, that shouldn't be allowed.

Reply #305500 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Skip, I can handle the no trades between teams rule but surely we can use the waiver/FA list between the semis and the GF? What if a couple of players are injured in the semis and cant play - the way it stands you would have to just leave a non playing player in your roster when there may be someone on the FA list who could come in?

Reply #305505 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Stats - It is the way it worked last year. No different to actual teams not being able to bring in new players in the playoffs either.

I will put it out there though. If 5 owners would prefer to still be able to make roster changes in the playoffs then I will strongly consider the change.

Reply #305510 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Count me in as one of the 5.

Reply #305516 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Bizzy, how about this offer:

L.Nevill + R.Ellis + D.Martin
for
G.Wilkinson + O.Forman + C.Goulding

Reply #305527 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

The Chelsea Daggers line up this week.

STARTING FIVE
C: Luke Schenscher
F: Ronald Dorsey (C)
F: Mitch Creek
G: Kirk Penney
G: Corey Williams

BENCH
G: Peter Crawford
C: Daniel Johnson
G: Brad Robbins

DNP
F: Glen Saville (INJ)
F: Cameron Tragardh (INJ)

Reply #305532 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I think fair enough no trades after round 18, but allow pickups from the FA list right to the end. Injuries could really screw someone over and in any case its unlikely anyone you grab off the FA list is going to have a big impact!

Reply #305533 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Statman, would you be interested in an upgrade at the guard position? I need a little frontcourt help with Loughton looking like he'll be in and out for the next few weeks.

Hinder (27.65) and Shannon (26.22)

for

Vukona (30.38) and Lisch (19.56)

Reply #305537 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Ok - Here is how it's gonna be, so listen up!

The Trade Deadline is 5pm Adelaide time on the 11th February (First game of round 18).

All Trades however are subject to the approval. Blatant dodgy trades will not be approved, (IE - A star player for and average Bench player, Players with a massive diffenence in avg score, or an injured player for another player) unless it can be proven how it benifits both teams.

During the playoffs, teams will be able to sign/delist Free Agents ONLY between The Semi Final and Grand Final (Between Round 23 and 24).

There will be no signings made between Rounds 22 & 23, or between Rounds 24 & 25, however you can still make changes to your existing line up in that time.

Questions?

Reply #305538 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

DB's shitkickers

Devendorff
Bruton
Hill
Sanders (cappo)
Knight

Dowdell
Hoare
Tovey

Harvey
Crosswell

Reply #305541 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Martin and Ellis are available for those 2 if you'd prefer Bean.

Skip, so when's the initial deadline for FA signings? 18 or before 22?

I'd still prefer a trade deadline after rd.21 but I'll stop being Eddie McGuire...

Reply #305544 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

I just read you needed a little FRONTcourt help Bean. Nevermind lol.

Reply #305545 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

...but the old trade for Loughton and Shannon is still there once I do a bit of research on that injury.

Triple-post! :D

Reply #305546 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

X - FA signing can continue right up until the playoffs.

Considering before this week, there had been a total of 1 trade all season, I don't think the Round 18 deadline will effect stuff too much.

Reply #305551 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

X, was looking at your roster before but I just don't want Ellis. I prett much have to offer you one of my imports with Loughton to make a trade and therefore I have to take back Braswell and someone. Makes it difficult...

However, now you have me thinking, would something like Brasswell and Wortho or Abercrombie for Shannon and Loughton or Hinder have legs?

Reply #305556 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Wortho is off-limits for anyone on your roster.

Abercrombie and Braswell for Shannon and Hinder is probably fair but I can't get rid of both my Breakers and expect to have any chance in the against Penney in the Grand Final if I make it. I still think Ellis and Martin is the best fit for us here, if you don't want Rosell you can always swap him for Gruber as soon as you get him.

Reply #305565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

X just wants to off load
Martin....

Reply #305587 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Trust me X, if I had anyone of value left I'd be rolling the dice and have a serious dig and trying to improve my roster as I think overall I'm still in with a mathematical chance. Realistically, I've got zero chance.

I've got zero trade value after losing Petrie and Redhage to injury and having TJ and DeVries cut. I traded Dusty to roll the dice on Gilder, and that totally screwed the pooch. I'm confident with both Redhage and Petrie playing I'd be able to give the top 4 a shake.

Both trades I made were on par and equal trades. I have faith that the Commissioner would of squashed any 'unbalanced' trades.

How would you feel for a Demos/Dann for Wortho and any guard of your choice trade???

When the best player left on your roster is Blalock you have some serious issues.

I need a mulligan for next season, I don't wanna drop the the 2nd league. 4 of my first 7 picks have had season ending injuries or were sacked...

Reply #305596 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Fair enough X, I thought that might be your answer. I'll wait on Statman to see if he's interested in a trade. I definitely gotta roll the dice!

Reply #305599 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Don't forget to post your teams. Game is on about 2pm tomorrow.

Reply #305601 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Hey Bean, I'm not real taken with Shannin to be honest but I'm very very tempted. I really need to win this week though so having Lisch playing at home is too good too pass up - sorry
Maybe we can talk next week?

Reply #305603 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

TR, would you be willing to do me Helliwell + Gilder for Allen + Ellis then?

Borderline on whether I want that spud Gilder over Rosell but Helliwell I wouldn't mind.

Beantown, no worries, would that tempt you more or less if I had Gilder rather than Ellis?

My Rd.16 team:

C - L.Nevill
F - M.Worthington (C)
F - R.Ellis
G - B.Madgen
G - D.Martin

F - T.Abercrombie
G - A.Gibson
G - K.Braswell

C - B.Allen
F - T.Coenraad

Reply #305610 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Statman's Hackers squad - welcoming their new guard Rhys Martin from Canberra, thanks to the Canberra choke GM for a no nonsense approach to trade negotiations.....

C Julian Kazzouh (captain)
F Tom Garlepp
F Mika Vukona
G Ayinde Ubaka
G Kevin Lisch

Bench
G Phil Jones
G Rhys Martin
G Jacob Holmes

Left Out
F Tom Greer
F Alex Pledger

Reply #305617 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Bean, since I'm lazy and you probably know, how long is Loughton expected to be out? I've got him in Dream Team. Cheers.

Reply #305618 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

X, sorry but Gilder makes no difference there. For me to give up Shannon for Brasswell, I need a gun forward. Loughton is a game time decision for the next game as far as I know, as he was for the last two. He is managing a groin issue and said that if it had been a critical game on the weekend he would have played, but they decided to give him some extra healing time instead.

The guy I would like to get hold of is Madgen, but its pretty hard the way our rosters are structured. If you come up with something let me know.

Statman I'm looking to wheel and deal at the moment, but if Shannon and Hinder are still on my roster next week the trade will still be on.

Reply #305623 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Come on X - no one is that silly. You have bloody spreadsheets on most players in the league so I'm guessing you have more idea whenLoughton will be back in action than Aaron Fearne does!!

Reply #305624 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Lol Stat! Plus I stalk all my players on Facebook, don't forget that.

Cheers Bean, I'll keep hold of him then. Yeah I'm not at all keen on Campbell or Lewis so it's pretty much impossible to involve him without involving Ellis/Gruber/Gilder.

Reply #305626 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

If Bizzy likes my offer and I end up with Wilkinson then trading Abercrombie and Braswell to you becomes a little more viable. I'd still be hesitant though :S

Reply #305627 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Skip, I'll release Campbell and sign Cadee.

Roster for this week will be:

Crosswhite (c)
Hinder
Loughton
Howard
Shannon

Cadee
Boucher
Walker

Lewis
Knight

Reply #305629 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Beantown - Noted.

Reply #305630 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

X - I'll contemplate that trade over this round and will let you know for next round. That ok?

My team for this week:

F BALLINGER
G DILLON
G GOULDING (Captain)
F BROWN
C WILKINSON

Bench
G MARTIN
C BURSTON
F FORMAN

IR
F WAGSTAFF
G NG

Reply #305646 | Report this post

Lockie  
Years ago

My team for this week.

C: A Majok
F: I Clark (captain)
F: D Rychart
G: G Ervin
G: M Dickel

G: M Cedar
F: S Weigh
C: L Davidson

G: R Carter
F: B Williamson

Happy to consider all trades.

Reply #305649 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

No worries Biz.

Reply #305654 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

After looking at Abercrombie's solid record against Cairns, I'll swap him for Ellis into my starting lineup, thanks skip.

I'm out now, so if TR happens to accept that trade before lockout I will confirm in advance and Gilder would go into the starting lineup instead of Abercrombie.

Reply #305656 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Sh*t.... 48 hours from hell and I forget to submit my team..

Skip... I'll just run with 8 chumps......

Reply #305740 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Trade? TR?

Reply #305765 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

TR - Defaults to whatever your team was last week with any trades/signings slotting into their spots.

Reply #305774 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Which is very unfortunate in your case TR as currently your team has the highest score of anyone but 2 of those players are DNPs (Gilder 32, Dann 48) and your captain is Redhage.

Reply #305823 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Sorry X and thanks for the kick in the nuts skip...

It's been a Cee U Next Thursday week... Less than 15 hours sleep for the week so far, and not much more for the rest.

My team last week was:

C: Helliwell
F: Redhage (capt)
F: Gilder
G: Crawford
G: Blalock

Bench
G: Martin
G: Dann
C: Behrendorff

DNP-CD
F: Grabau
F: Demos

Bruce would replace Crawford and Corletto would replace Martin on the bench. I'll miss out on the cappo.

Reply #305851 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

"See now that I don't care for".

Reply #305853 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Nah, I meant sorry as I haven't had time to look at your proposal. Fast forward to Monday and we'll do the deal if your still interested.

Reply #305857 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Oh nice nice I could use an extra week to look at Rosell but consider Allen-Helliwell done then.

Reply #305859 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

TR - Crap. I screwed you score up last week then. You actually got 175 instead of 163. Sorry mate.

Made no difference to the result, but slightly changes yours and Lockies percentage.

Reply #305875 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

and my week just got a sh*tload worse...

this week will go down as one of those weeks that I will never ever forget....

Reply #305899 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

It's halftime and all four matches are rather tight at this point.

Bizzy 82 v Xztatik 67
TR 90 v DB5 108
Beantown 179 v Lockie 136
skip 162 v Statman 142

TR - For a bunch of useless spuds, your team is doing rather well, Just on total points scored, you currently have the highest score. So dont give up on your bunch of sorry saps just yet.

Reply #306019 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yeah cheers Wortho/Gibbo.

Reply #306032 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

After last nights games the scores look like this..

Bizzy 132 v Xztatik 79
TR 90 v DB5 155
Beantown 197 v Lockie 151
skip 178 v Statman 182

Reply #306213 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Unofficial results are in..

Bizzy 238 defeated Xztatik 220
TR 138 lost to DB5 261
Beantown 299 defeated Lockie 253
skip 250 lost to Statman 335

This would mean Stats has taken top spot.

Will be confirmed tomorrow.

Reply #306276 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:01 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754