Isaac
Years ago

Two more NBL schedule changes

The National Basketball League has made some further adjustments to both its iiNet NBL Championship game schedule and its broadcast schedule on ONE HD, Basketball Australia has advised.

In Round 23, the Townsville Crocodiles' home game against the Perth Wildcats has been moved forward from the originally scheduled Saturday 19 March to the new date and time of Friday 18 March at 7:00PM local Queensland time.

The change was made at the request of the Crocodiles to avoid a clash with a North Queensland Cowboys (NRL) home game against the Newcastle Knights and was done with the full agreement of the Wildcats.

The Crocs-Wildcats game will also now replace the previously scheduled Adelaide 36ers-Melbourne Tigers game as the ONE HD live broadcast match on Friday 18 March.

In Round 25, the 'Reptile Rumble’ between the Cairns Taipans and the visiting Townsville Crocodiles on Friday 1 April has been moved forward half-an-hour to the new tip-off time of 7:00PM (local).

The move allows the Taipans-Crocs match to become the ONE HD live broadcast game on 1 April, replacing the previously scheduled Sydney Kings-Gold Coast Blaze match.
36ers, Tigers, Kings and Blaze all lose TV games. Crocs gain two TV games, Taipans and Wildcats one each. For locals, the 36ers game dropped from the TV schedule was a home game so this shouldn't impact game-goers drastically. Those losing games are all bottom four teams while those gaining games are in the top four.

Topic #24826 | Report this topic

Gazza  
Years ago

Seeing as we picked up two away games with the other changes, seems fair enough.

Reply #305769 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Makes sense with all those teams looking good for playoffs spots. They are the games I'd wanna be watching at that time of the season.

I personally would only be disappointed if we lost an away game on TV (which Im sure some Melbourne fans would be).

Reply #305772 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Glad to see the Far north teams get TV coverage AT HOME.

Reply #305776 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

AMEN!!!

Reply #305777 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

Im Still Pissed Off about the last lot of changes!

Myself and 22 Mates were headed to Gold Coast for the Sat Feb 12th Blaze V Sixers game only to have it moved to sunday.

None of our Sunday flights are refundable or changeable without significant cost to us, Also 8 of the guys can no longer go due to work commitments on the Monday.

We have had the holiday booked since October, Hotels can not be changed either, WE ARE NOT HAPPY!

The league are not willing to give us any compensation

Reply #305810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its great that they are making changes to show the contending teams over the bottom ones. BUT wouldnt it be easier to just bring out the schedule bit by bit, and then going by the ladder you can decide the best games to show? Yes I know nbl.com.au brought out the schedule bit by bit but the entire broadcast schedule was set at the start of the season.

Reply #305832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it all had more to do with trying to appease the Sydney market. Surely Ten/One HD should have thought a bit better about showing the amount of Kings games they did.

Reply #305846 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:56 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754