aussieboomers4eva
Years ago

Steve Leven Good for the NBL

Counterintuitive, I know, but hear me out.

The latest dramas with Majok at the Wildcats had me thinking of Steve Leven and I came to a realisation. Leven and the 'Cats parting set the stage for his full roster spot to be filled by the then Wildcat development player, one Brad Robbins.

Would the eyesore that is Robbins game never have been unleashed on the NBL had Leven toed the line? In hindsight, would Leven's (Mod: Removed at the request of Steve Leven.) been an acceptable hit to the NBL if it meant preventing Robbins from ever setting foot on an NBL court? Or is Robbins the lesser of the two evils?

I open the floor to you fellow hoopsters.

(Mod: Steve Leven has contacted me and asked for the removal of a number of posts he believes are legally problematic. I have removed a term above that he has questioned but so there is context for readers, I will refer to this article from the NBL and Wildcats about the Cats and Leven parting ways: Wildcats and Leven part.)

Topic #24856 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

(Mod: Removed at the request of Steve Leven.)

Reply #306382 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Agreed. Whatever criticisms may be made of Steve, anyone who has represented their nation in their chosen sport(or adopted nation in this case), should by definition be considered to have had a successful career.

Reply #306398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well Brad Robbins represented his country at an Under 19 Worlds and won a gold medal.

Is he an eyesore or has he had a "successful career"?

Reply #306408 | Report this post

Really  
Years ago

If players aren't able to do what is asked of them by their employer, they can't expect to remain employed.

Back ground doesn't matter.

Reply #306410 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

aussieboomers4eva - that is possibly the biggest and silliest statement I have ever read here.

Reply #306439 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Ho, I'm just opening a discussion. If you think I am being silly then I'll cop that. I welcome varied opinion. But the biggest and silliest? Hardly. The recent poo bandit poster comes to mind. So do the threads about that guy that Gaze dunked on and Pau Gasol being dead.

Anon, Brad has clearly had a successful career and continues to. but I don't think that being successful and having an eyesore game are mutually exclusive.

Reply #306488 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Pau Gasol is dead?? No wonder Kobe refuses to pass to him!

Reply #306492 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

biggest and silliest aussieboomer.... not just plain moronic - the gasol stuff was just moronic. I think you actually believe what you said mate.

Just because someone once played for their nation does not mean they have had a successful career.

Who was that dud cricketer that failed hopelessly in his first one dayer for australia years back - Trimble? had a disastrous awful game and was never heard of again basically - that is not by definition a successful career.

Reply #306662 | Report this post

s.tezic  
Years ago

Reply #313024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brad Robbins - world U19 gold medal, NBL championship, captain of one of the strongest clubs in Australia - that's a successful career.

Reply #313026 | Report this post

cagey  
Years ago

Reply #344385 | Report this post

Phobos 27  
Years ago

Reply #349148 | Report this post

Steve Leven  
Years ago

Hi Guys,

Firstly I want to say that I was told about some of this idiotic stuff written about me from a colleague of mine the other day when he goggled me.

1) This ID team or something I have no idea what you're talking bout! I may have joked or something but from what I can remember back in under 16/18 age groups any chance to take a shot at me would have been done as I was the only player playing at the CBA (now ABA) and had a lot of detractors.
So no that is false.

2) One of you mentioned my last position since I retired from playing in Europe was with a fitness company.
This is not true but instead with the corporation that owned that international company that made up a division of my former company portfolio.
The position I held was a senior position so that should clear that up.

3) I currently own and run my own company that currently operate over the six global locations we currently have.
We currently are in the process of bringing our strategic model to Australia. www.leven-group.com

4) Yes, I have completed a double BA that I started when in the U.S and completed over time while playing in Europe.

Look guys you must know I personally don't usually read what most of you would right or think as most of what comes out of these type of mediums is rubbish anyway but when people such as some of you start stating things that hurt me personally and professionally then that’s when I am going to get upset.
The fact I’m a father is nobodies business and nobody on this board knows me personally and if you do then just say who you are!

Again guys I would appreciate it if you guys can keep this to a minimal and if you can move on with other topics as basketball has come to an end for me due to my choice to concentrate on my professional life and need to fulfill that area and not be one of these uneducated mid 30’s that are washed up and don’t play but have no life plan.

Thanks for showing the interest in this topic but I must state to you all that if negative statements are continued through way of this medium that a
Cease-and-Desist order will be pursued in order to stop these ridicules comments.

Regards
Steve Leven

Reply #363278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hai there Steve! I think we need an order to teach you how to spell.

(and punctuate)

No one can understand you, but thanks for clearing things up for us.

Reply #363280 | Report this post

Steve Leven  
Years ago

Mate I shot you through this on the fly to clear this up.

Stop being condescending and drop it.

Judging from the things I have seen here I didn't think it was a concern

to stop and proof read.

cheers

Reply #363283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that a poem?

Reply #363296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i like that business slogan on all the website pages, "Coming soon!" it's very catchy.

Reply #363306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh Hai there again Steve Leven! I wouldnt have thought being a high powered CEO and double BA holder that proof reading to rectify "write" and "ridiculous" would have been necessary.

You sir are a (Mod: Removed at the request of Steve Leven.)

Reply #363327 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:52 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754