Captain Dan
Years ago

Has 'Melo Been Netted?

So it looks as if the Nuggets and the Nets have agreed in principle to dealing the star player in Carmelo Anthony.
The trade would consist of 8 players being dealt with 4 first round picks going to denver.

Nets receive: Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Renaldo Balkman, Melvin Ely, Sheldon Williams.

Nuggets receive: Devin Harris, Derrick Favours, Troy Murphy, Ben Uzoh and 4 first round draft picks.

It's going to be very interesting with Bllups being included in the deal as he has no intention to leave his hometown so i won't be suprised if he gets a buyout from the Nets and re-signs back in Denver. Same goes with Troy Murphy there's a chance he could end up in either Clevland or Orlando as posted on ESPN and on Hoopsworld.com...

I can't really see anything happening with Devin Harris in Denver so for the meantime he may stay on the roster till season's end and will probably be traded off come the offseason.

Any thoughts fellow readers?
Just a quick note I believe that this Melo Saga has gone on for about 3 or 4 months correct me if im wrong....
Anyways we're tired of it...

Topic #24996 | Report this topic

BigD  
Years ago

It won't go through, Melo is most likely not going to sign an extension with Jersey

Reply #308714 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Should teams in predominantly white or cold cities get a salary cap exemption in order to keep players from moving to a bigger market?

Can anyone seriously envisage Minnesota ever creating a Chicago Bulls or Lakers type dynasty? Garnett had to be paid the then highest individual salary in team sports to stay and even he left. Also Cleveland is apparently a bit of a shit hole, which wouldn't have helped Lebron's decision.

I think there should be a shithole/too many whites salary cap exemption.

David Stern would be thrilled.

Also am I the only one amused by the fact that the Russian word for no is Nyet?

Reply #308721 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

By the way if Melo's trade goes through he'd have to play for the East in the All Star game right? Wouldn't it make sense to ahve the AS game after the trade deadline, it's only 4 days away.

Reply #308722 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

@curtley I don't think Minny's problems where created by people not wanting to play there, they blew the Latrell re-signing, lost out on draft picks from the Joe Smith debacle and then also blew every other draft pick they had pretty much (Wally Szcerbiak was about the best player they drafted after Marbury, who forced a trade after his rookie year or something).
San Antonio has put a strong team together over the years through good drafting and buying the right role players. Utah as well, and they are the smallest market in the NBA and cold. Teams suck over a long time because they have crap front offices, the NBA draft helps teams get better quickly, any team spending more then 5 years out of the playoffs really has blown it.

Reply #308735 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Sacramento should get that salary cap increase too as there is nothing to do there. webber cried when he went there and saw the city and what it had to offer. At least its warm there

Reply #308739 | Report this post

old dribbler  
Years ago

melo is a disease and wont win wherever he goes

Reply #308744 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

If this went down, Billups from what ive read would probably be pursued HEAVILY by Miami, and thus making them close to unbeatable in a 7 game series. Sure this was on Hoopshype.com

Reply #308764 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:03 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754