Mystro
Years ago

POTW

anyone think Kirk Penney isn't getting it again after his 35point haul against the Blaze?
He hit some tough shots with the Blaze players playing some decent D on him.

Topic #25018 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

I think Burston will pip him Im afraid Mystro.

Penney averaged
28 points (at 65%), 4 rebounds, 1 Assist, 3 turnovers, 0.5 steals over 2 wins.

Burston averaged
21.5 points (at 68%), 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 turnovers, 3.5 steals and 1.5 blocks over 2 wins.

Reply #308997 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Tough call I guess, but I tend to agree that Burston may get the nod over Penney being named as runner-up.

The rest of the league is sure to get an honourable mention.

Reply #308999 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

It's not called the "Penney of the Week Award" for nothing.

Unless Kirk is being nice and gives Matty B "likeness rights" to be eligable for the award, then I think Kirk will get it.

Besides, it was a Double OT game. Penney will get it just because of entertainment value.

Reply #309016 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Definently Penney IMO. He went 6/7 from downtown and some of those shots were crazy fadeaway j's with a hand in his face

Reply #309042 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Definently Penney IMO. He went 6/7 from downtown and some of those shots were crazy fadeaway j's with a hand in his face

Reply #309044 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Yeah that's what I'm talking about MACDUB, Penney got some crazy shot's up that found nothing but the bottom of the net despite the guys guarding him playing pretty solid D.

Reply #309051 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Penney took the award

Reply #309485 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754