David
Years ago

David Andersen leaves NBA

David Andersen has signed with an Italian club Sana Siana for 3 seasons. Sounds like Andersen had made up his mind to leave the NBA during the season for the quickness of this deal to be finalised after the NBA season.

Andersen has good reason too.
- Lock out is approching
- he is probably going to be on simlar money then with an NBA team
-is going to get more minutes

I still think it would been likely that Andersen would of been picked up by an NBA team if he wanted to stay around. But a 3 year deal probably would of not happened. Here is the link

http://www.sportando.net/eng/italy/serie-a/28871/mens_sana_siena_announces_david_andersen.html

Topic #25790 | Report this topic

BALLER#3  
Years ago

I had seen videos of him last season like in locker rooms and all that. Never looked happy, could tell he didnt like the NBA lifestyle.

I would say he would have thought, why am i staying here moving from team to team and getting no minutes when i can get the same money and play somewhere else

Reply #322051 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Especially at post-30.

Reply #322066 | Report this post

Bucks  
Years ago

Andersen would deffinately not get another contract in the NBA. He is not up to NBA standards. He suits the the Euro style game overseas better anyway. He is not strong enough for NBA and is struggling to give coaches a reason to give him minutes.

Reply #322068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was never an NBA player too poor a rebounder and a shot blocker for a seven footer.

Reply #322075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did he leave or is he going because he wasn't offered a contract?

he wasn't too bad in his limited role at Houston. he could be a decent player if he had more playing time and beefed up a little

Reply #322086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rockets fans thought he was crap

Reply #322095 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

his game suits the Euro style to a T...

Reply #322098 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

I'm not huge fan Andersen fan myself. I remember seeing him against undersize New Zealand side play in Brisbane. He spent the whole night taking outside shots and missing did'nt use his height advantage in the low post inside.

However there alot of tall hacks that still pick up a job in the NBA. There was a big rap on Andersen before he came to the NBA I still think he would of got another NBA contract somewhere if he really wanted to stay. But I believe he did'nt want to stay he was always reluctent coming to the NBA. He never was going over there at any cost, when held out signing with the Atlanta Hawks for years because the offer was not good enough.

Reply #322113 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

David I disagree with you. Andersen always had a desire to play in the NBA but the situation and timing was not right for him. Andersen had an opportunity that came along at the right time hence why he made the move. He took a significant pay cut to live out his NBA dream. Now that he has done that, he will once again go back to earning bigger money playing for one of the best teams in Europe.

If you go back through older threads to when Andersen made the migration from Europe to the NBA, you will get the drift.

Reply #322114 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Reply #322199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

id say the nba made the decision for him.
bottom line is they just werent that impressed with him.

Reply #322801 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:47 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754