Hugh
Years ago

Taipans to sign final import Andrew Warren

Taipans will announce Andrew Warren 6'5" guard from the Bradley Braves soon.

Topic #26170 | Report this topic

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Another guy directly from college, how many does that make now 5 or 6

Reply #328109 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The lock-out doesn't appear to have helped the NBL much after all. Teams concentrating on local talent first?

Reply #328122 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I know the Crocs looked to get local talent first with Hinder, Cedar, Crawford & Schenscher then got a cheaper import in Mims so they could get a quality import for their second.

They waited until Gill got pushed from Europe by NBA players taking spots there.

The Crocs have really looked to go NQld local this season with Blanchfield, Norton, M Cedar, C Cedar and Crawford all locals which is the first time in 20yrs this has happened for us. Exciting times!

Reply #328124 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Gill was signed well before the lockout had a big effect there. I would say his relationship with Woolpert was as big a factor. I think guys like Jackson, Grant and the two Warrens could well be playing NBA D this year if not for the lockout. And obviously Mills is a bonus too assuming he is signed.

So a small impact from the lockout but we'll wait and see how these guys actually play before deciding if the lockout helped or not!

Reply #328144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But Isaac surely even fringe NBA guys are way too good for the NBL and could earn heaps more in Europe so perhaps not really a surprise?

Reply #328174 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Paul - Woolpert & Gill have never worked together before...

Reply #328225 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:14 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754