Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Brandon Jennings to join Bogut in the NBL?

Ummm, this is getting serious. First the rumours about Wesley Matthews coming down under to follow Patrick Mills, and now Brandon Jennings is talking about hooking up with Bogut. Might be a sign that Bogut isn't far off signing with an NBL club. Strewth, Bogut AND Jennings????!!!!

Topic #26284 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I should've added it's on Jennings' Twitter account. Follow via Bogut's if you're interested. Half of me hopes this is just a joke, the other half says fantastic, whilst the third half is totally confused and losing track of where I'm up to. Someone please, get me a Delorean!!

Reply #330297 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bogut to Kings is just about done.

Reply #330299 | Report this post

harry  
Years ago

yup
bogut will play with the kings
great for the league

Reply #330300 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bogut at Kings should be announced soon I heard

Reply #330301 | Report this post

yanza  
Years ago

Whats kyrie erving doing as far as the lock out

Reply #330302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anybody else feel NBL teams filled there import spots to quickly, had some teams waited to see what would happen with the lockout they may have been able to add an NBA player.

Reply #330305 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

There's alot of noise on the pro ball websites about a deal being near or close.
allegedly the players and the owners are only 800 million apart on cash, down from 8 billion 2 months ago. there was 2 months between meetings one and two, and only 8 days between meetings two and three. so it looks like momentum may be building up!!

Reply #330316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moses 3 halfs haha!? Yeah i agree anon, seems this month is the month the could be star nba guys need to keep the money/fitness happening! Didnt the 6ers say they were waiting to see what happens with the lockout? They certainly took advantage NOT

Reply #330319 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Are these the same critics who said the Sixers weren't active enough in getting their roster sorted with Gary Erving, Schenscher etc? Seriously, you can't please some people.

The Sixers went after Mills and Bogut pretty hard from what I understand.

Let me ask the anons who are criticising here - should the Sixers have left their import spots open up until now, with no way of knowing if/when the NBA lockout will end?

And who from the roster should they put on the inactive list or burn completely to make way for a temporary NBA player?

For mine, I think Clark has recruited to suit the roster and the style of play in the NBL.

Reply #330339 | Report this post

ineedmore  
Years ago

I was one of the critics about Clark not filling his team/imports sooner. I'm still sticking by that.

It would be amazing to have NBA players in our team/league but, for once, I'm not critical of Clark here.

A settled team is a better team if you ask me. And if these guys go back very very soon.......

Let's just say I wouldn't want to be the guy asking Corletto to come back. You couldn't possible justify holding off creating your team IN CASE the NBA has an extended lock out IMO.

Reply #330345 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

NBL should open it up and add another 200K to the salary cap and create a 3rd import spot. Then its upto the teams to work out if the star power is worth it to get extra bums on seats etc and the teams that were organised dont feel the need to shaft players.

Reply #330361 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Bogut to Kings! Does that mean Khazouh to join Corletto at Breakers?

Reply #330381 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

If you believe the news/rumour sites, Bogut might not play here at all with indications the NBA season could be saved in whole.

Reply #330386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets hope the NBA is saved! as much as we would all love for him to play in Oz. Bigger picture.

I'd rather see him take the Bucks to the playoffs and then a run at a medal in London.

He can play in Oz when his NBA carrer is over.

This has been good Hype for the league thou. Good work NBL!

Reply #330406 | Report this post

phileedub  
Years ago

Reply #330417 | Report this post

phileedub  
Years ago

Who does Sydney have to cut/how much $ for Bogut to play?

Reply #330419 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Lets hope the NBA is saved! as much as we would all love for him to play in Oz. Bigger picture.

I'd rather see him take the Bucks to the playoffs and then a run at a medal in London.

Bigger picture I'd much rather see Bogut and Mills have 10 games in the NBL to revive interest in the sport and league in this country. I couldn't care less if the NBA regular season is 30 games less, it's really only once the playoffs begin that games get interesting.

Reply #330436 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agree with you billo!

Reply #330438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's going to guard Bogut in the NBL? Seriously?

Reply #330446 | Report this post

Captain Dan  
Years ago

Alright lets face it, fist thing first:
Anyone who pays Boguts $500K Insurance fee is crazy to begin, not does it mean a salary dump for the remaining players next year, It means he could only be there half season or less... Is it worth it - remembering the injury at mid of last season.

Second point: Jennings and Matthews
Both around their 3rd year in the NBA, and as their contracts are worth anywhere between $2.5 - $6.1 million the insurance fee wont be as demanding as Boguts but probably around $100-150K... Be interesting with how it plans out

igotmadskills: I'm in total agreeance with your comment that Marquee player spot should be opened to a 3rd import but it's harder for the teams that struggle especially with the teams that don't receive the same endorsements and sponsorship rights as the Melbourne Tigers & Sydney Kings... Plus how would the Player Point System work?

Reply #330661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the 6ers should pick up wesley matthews with the spot left over from dumping williamson seeing that they probably won't get bogut

Reply #333193 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:50 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754