Mr Black
Years ago

Who is the best 2012 NBL player?

This will be better in here than in general...

I have the first pick in a NBL fantasy draft, and as this topic is always fun before the season starts i would like to open it up to you guys...
Who is the best NBL player going into the new season? ( lets assume Bogut has not signed as yet :)

Topic #26328 | Report this topic

Vart  
Years ago

Patty Mills, no question.

If Kirk Penney had not of bolted for Spain, I would be in two minds, and probably lean towards him. But as he is gone, I think its definitely Mills.

Reply #330984 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Which fantasy comp is it? What scoring system? If you're using DreamTeam-style scoring, I don't think Mills would necessarily be the best as it favours efficient scoring and penalises TOs (from what I remember).

Reply #330986 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Khazzouh fills up the stats, and Redhage is a good one too if he get back to full fitness qiuckly.

Reply #330988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mills by a landslide

Reply #330992 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Problem with Mills from a fantasy comp perspective is he might get 22p but prob wont get a lot of other stats, whereas Khazzouh will likely have, say 19p, 11r and 2b, and often shoot at a higher percentage than Mills.

Reply #330993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mills will be dropping 35pts not 22 you see, few assists, few steals

Reply #330994 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

I didnt realise we were looking at this from a fantasy game point of view - I was just answering the question posed 'Who is the best NBL player going into the new season?'

Reply #330998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey Williams

Reply #331008 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

And Patty might leave before the end of the season, so I wouldn't waste a pick on him.

Reply #331011 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Mills needs 15 shots to score 20. He is prone to turnovers. Doesn't get much rebounds. Doesn't have many shooters to feed for assists. Bigs aren't great either. He's likely to not last the season too.
That said, I'd probably take him pick 1. ;)

Khazzouh is great for this scoring format. But the threat of Bogut hanging over is a big one.

Damien Martin is one who fills it up in a lot of areas. Shoots at a good percentage, rebounds, blocks, steals, assists, not too many turnovers.

Reply #331013 | Report this post

tallblack  
Years ago

andrew bogut

Reply #331016 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

With dream team average scoring, the top 9 players from last season that are still in the league this year are all Big Men.

Khazzouh, Petrie, Balls, Wortho, Wilkinson, Redhage, Nevill, Crosswhite and Schensch.

Reply #331027 | Report this post

opt  
Years ago

problem is that there all in the same position lol

Reply #331048 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Re the aforementioned Khazzouh, Petrie, Balls, Wortho, Wilkinson, Redhage, Nevill, Crosswhite and Schensch.

Khazzouh has Bogut, Petrie started fast but got hurt, Balls has J-Will, Redhage has Nevill and Nevill has Redhage ....

There's a lot of changes that could reduce these guys' effectiveness but in the end, if Bogut doesn't sign, the big Kazoo is streets ahead of anyone.

Mills will be good but you may get the bad with the good at times.

Reply #331065 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:29 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754