Crocs City
Years ago

NBL Development players 2011

Does anybody know the development players for any teams in the NBL this year,cause im sure as always the Blaze have like 5 usually all point guards,but is there any exciting players as DP that will be promising in 2yrs?or they all in college? please advise if you know ur teams Dev Players. thanks

Topic #26476 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

(MEL) WILCHER, Josh #
(NZB) PREWSTER, Dion #
(NZB) BLOXHAM, Josh #
(NZB) FOTU, Isaac #
(TVL) TUDEHOPE, Keegan #
(ADE) DALY, Tom #
(ADE) WARBOUT, Jan #
(CRN) MITCHELL, James #
(CRN) HUSSEY, Jackson #
(CRN) ADEKPONYA, Matthew #
(CRN) COMINO, James #
(GCB) CARTER, Zac #
(GCB) TEYS, Brendan #
(GCB) NILSSON, Karl #
(PER) BALCOMBE, Jarrod #
(PER) CASSIR, Rob #
(PER) SCOTT, Damien #
(PER) VIGOR, Michael #
(PER) PURSER, Ben #
(SYD) WEEKS, Jarrad #
(WOL) DELANEY, Zac #
(SYD) KERRY, Tanner #
(SYD) WRIGHT, Tom #
(TVL) TUDEHOPE, Keegan #
(TVL) ODIGIE, Owen #
(TVL) DEMERTZE, Michael #

Reply #333110 | Report this post

Crocs City  
Years ago

Nice to see a few AIS kid in there,i don't understand why cairns have some DP that don't even get time in ABA also cause they don't get to develop in ABA so some these kids are just training bait yeah? some might not even be good enough for NBL ever,but i guess on the other hand,atleast they get a chance to train learn from the best everyday,and they could fulfill there potential 1 day,i like NZ have some great kids so does Perth.

Reply #333115 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Dion Prewster for NZ will be replacing Leon Henry in the Breakers full squad for the first 6 games while Leon recovers and Issac Fotu recently won with 3 other Breakers academy players took out the world 3 on 3 tournament.

Reply #333116 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Can someone you knows more about this than me comment on the whole "development player" program?

How many guys actually graduate from development player to a fulltime roster position?

Has it been successful or is it a lacklustre alternative to the US college programs, or are we even better converting to a 1-2 league system like the AFL or NRL, switching players between top and second tier based on form?

When I see teams carrying development players who are quite old and clearly will never make it, I have to ask what's the point?

Reply #333122 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Have you not ever watched the Breakers Anon?
Thomas Abercrombie, Alex Pledger, BJ Anthony and Cory Webster were all Breakers development players over the last few years and have all made the Breakers NBL roster.
Abercrombie came back from US college disillusioned and ready to quit basketball until the Breakers got him into the their development academy, last season he took out finals MVP.

Reply #333127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you will find Jackson Hussey never signed on to be a development player for cairns.

Reply #333128 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Owen Odigie..Has he actually signed on as a development player?

Pretty crazy to think that he is 93 born..I reckon its going to become a trend..younger players signing on as development players.

Would have loved to see him go to college though. Had athleticism that was on par or better than American athletes which is relatively rare for Australian players.
I think he could have done big things at a good college.

Correct me if im wrong, but some development contracts are money based, while others aren't right? Do we know which ones are on financial based contracts and which ones are solely on development contracts?

Reply #333133 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I agree Mystro that the Breakers have done a good job in bringing their development players through onto their main roster. But they are about the only team in the league to have done so.

Reply #333135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard there was an issue with the AIS vs the Colleges with Owen, and he decided to leave to play with Townsville instead

Reply #333153 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Mitch Norton is 1993 born and he's not a development player: he's on the proper roster, while Keegan Tudehope is 1988 born and he's a development player.

Just thought that was interesting...

Reply #333154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I still think that there is room for a nbl d league but it might be a few years away

maybee 5 teams from the major cities melb syd adel perth bris
9 players per side
6 develepment players under 23
and 3 vets per side
looking to get back to nbl
and have em play before the main nbl games

get a corporate sponsor via the nbl to help cover costs etc

surely there is a need for this to grow talent

Reply #333155 | Report this post

Cell  
Years ago

Alex Pledger had actually done 4 years at college before becoming a development player.
Corey Webster had done 1 year aswell.

Reply #333158 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

that list is from NBL DreamTeam...

Reply #333192 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Dion Prewster has also recently returned from College in the US.

Reply #333207 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:28 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754