Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers Forum - now open

Sixers Forum on official site now up and running

Topic #265 | Report this topic

j bags  
Years ago

Care factor of 0%!

They didn't look after us in the first place!

Isaac did!

Bags are you a bit agro today??

Reply #2005 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

yahooo that has changed my life!!

Reply #2009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers Forum is for Sixers jibe. This site is representive of the next generation of Sixers and WNBL players. Far more informative and and has the capacity to make a difference to local basketball in the future. Keep up the good work guys. Im staying right here.

Reply #2010 | Report this post

Bob Knight  
Years ago

I would rather saw my head off with a spoon than read a tryhard forum that is run by guys who still think that Mark Davis is the starting power forward. Maybe a good place for the Woodville guys that got kicked off the last forum.

Reply #2014 | Report this post

Wacky Doo.

I still can't get over the way management 'handled' Scott Ninnis, Isaac & many Sixer fans.

The horses have already bolted.

Reply #2017 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Just noticed that the messages on the new forum were posted before the forum was on the web site....isn't that interesting!!!!

Reply #2021 | Report this post

huh  
Years ago

see if yvonne from admin tells you what she really thinks of phil smythe now!!

Reply #2025 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Congratulations to the Sixers for actually promoting something a bit on the frontpage (link to the forum, link to season tickets). Been taking some hints perhaps...

Still an ugly site in my opinion. *shrug*

Something I found a bit weird was where the admin forum user asked if anyone was going over for the Blitz pre-season event without having told anyone on the site about it.

Reply #2027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like this site better =D It's pretty

Reply #2029 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Well maybe the NBL will tell media about sometime soon.

Considering we got an update on NBL happenings yesterday, and there was no mention of any pre season tournament in there, well dont hold your breath for any media coverage.

Reply #2033 | Report this post

X_factor  
Years ago

Lets all boycot the sixers site I think. Who's with me?

Reply #2050 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't know what a boycott achieves; certainly not an organised one. I just don't think it's updated often enough to warrant a daily visit (personally), whereas I visit the OzHoops forum a couple of times a day, same with the NBL site, and obviously I get 50+ emails a day alerting me to posts on this site.

On that note, is anyone interested in receiving email alerts from Hoops SA? I think getting an alert for every message would drive you nuts (it drives me nuts!), but I could set something up that would run 2-5 times a day, package up all the latest posts (might be hard to keep them in context) and email them to people who'd subscribed. Let me know.

Reply #2051 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I think there is too much happening on this site to get an email alert. As far as boycotting the 36ers site, I can't see what that would achieve. Our one common interest on this forum is basketball and with the 36ers being the top of the ladder for us, why would you not be interested enough to visit the site on a regular basis.

Reply #2052 | Report this post

charmaine  
Years ago

no boycott...surely people...lets move on with life, for the good of the game in SA.

Reply #2061 | Report this post

Ronnie Ratliff  
Years ago

agree with the above. However it is hard to imagine the 36ers site ever reaching the lofty heights before Isaac and crew were cast aside. The site will evolve into what is intended for a Forum for sixers news. Both can co-exist, i think the sentiment among all readers and posters is that this site is fantastic and everyone appreciates the work Isaac and crew are doing

Reply #2064 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

There is too much hard work involved just to read the posts let alone post one yourself...this format is much better.

Reply #2069 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

MW -- you might remember that before we created a forum for the Sixers site that we surveyed fans asking for their preferences on registration, anonymous posting, etc.

Reply #2070 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I never saw that survey Isaac, I have not been on these websites for all that long.

Reply #2076 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

An email digest of posts on here would be great for people like me, where I can read everything going on in 1 email, rather than sifting through all the threads. I read every NBL clubw ebsite on a daily basis trying to keep abreast of what is happening, and anything to save me time would be appreciated.

Reply #2106 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Issac maybe you could start up some polls on this forum, the sixers site has one but i think you would get more of a response on this site?

Reply #44784 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think there's been one on the Sixers site for months, has there?

I might do it one day, but it's just a matter of finding the time. Still have to shift the forum to the new host (will take a few hours, maybe Sunday night). Zzz.

Reply #44787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #246027 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:17 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754