Isaac
Years ago

NBL 2011/12 tips off tonight

Easy to forget amidst the Bogut-Kings-insurance news that the NBL tips off tonight.

Melbourne vs Sydney (on TV, delayed)
Gold Coast vs New Zealand

Any predictions on winners, margins, top scorers, Patty Mills' field goal percentage, whether Vukona and Boucher can both foul out, etc?

Topic #26514 | Report this topic

Stu  
Years ago

Kings by 4.
Khazzouh 20 & 10
Mills 29% from the field
Ubaka struggles & Walker throws down a couple big dunks

Reply #333599 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I'll take Breakers by 7 with Wilkinson to top score, Vukona with a double double.

Reply #333603 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Sydney by 6.

Patty Mills to shoot < 40% FG.

Reply #333608 | Report this post

____  
Years ago

Melbourne by 10
sydney will be in it all game but melbourne will floor them in the last couple of minutes

Gold Coast by 4 just because i dont want breakers to win lol

Reply #333609 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Is the Breakers game online anywhere, or just (shudder) Live stats?

Reply #333612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there anywhere to download torrents as Im overseas or any other wat to watch games from the US as im here for another 8 months....

Reply #333614 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

It's live into New Zealand, so hopefully the lovely person from NZ that streamed the Boomers V Tall Blacks games can continue to do so with the NBL games.

Reply #333615 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers game isn't being broadcast in NZ as far as I know

Reply #333616 | Report this post

KD_35  
Years ago

What Channel and time is the Melb V Syd game on??

Reply #333627 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

KD, check a TV guide online. One HD and after 22:30 I'd guess.

Reply #333631 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Should be a really entertaining game tonight - Tigers by 4. Khazzouh to rack up a big double-double.

I'm also predicting a very long season yet again for Adfelaide fans I'm afraid...

Reply #333635 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I'll pick the Kings by 8. Somehow I'm feeling that Patty will become another Homicide for the Tigers: a good player that can get a stat line, but it just too costly on turnovers.

I think GC can top the Breakers by 12. Wortho will be a gun as normal, but I think GC really need to milk Goulding for as many points as possible. The kid has a Penney-like shooting repetoire and I think could easily be their main man on offense in another 1-2 seasons.

Reply #333648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey skip, you have the streaming website??

Reply #333652 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

SKY in NZ appear to showing all games live as per last season (they are certainly showing all three this round), so do some searching around game time and you never know what you might find.

There will also prob be betting companies streaming the games but they generally require registration, and sometimes people register and cant see the game anyway!

Reply #333654 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

Tigers by 7 & Breakers by 2.

Now the real predictions.

Luke Martin to strip Patty Mills at half court and finish with a HUGE lay-up.

Matt Burston to get an unsportsman like foul.

Sydneys imports to finish with more rebounds than points.

Bennie Lewis to win the warm up with some ridiculus dunk.

Reply #333662 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

does anyone else think that the breakers being $3.30 and the blaze being $1.30 for tonights game is pretty ridiculous odds?

Reply #333667 | Report this post

KD_35  
Years ago

thanks Isaac.

Reply #333669 | Report this post

KD_35  
Years ago

Is Adelaide Being televised?? I can't find it anywhere..

Reply #333670 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yes, I have never bet but am tempted on some of tonight's odds.

Sixers televised at 10:30pm Saturday night on ONE.

Reply #333680 | Report this post

Jimmy  
Years ago

Perth to be up at half/full: $2.10
Into
NZ over hawks: $3.15
=6.61

Thoughts

Reply #333683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isnt it only breakers home games that are broadcast by sky in NZ?

Reply #333699 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Tigers result will depend a lot on how Mills & Ubaka work together. In the Tigers practice match against the Boomers Ubaka was all over Mills and looked like he was out to prove a point. In the Tigers first practice against Sydney Mills started on the bench but lit up when he eventually came on for Ubaka. With both of them on it looked kinda awkward.
Sydney looked tough in the practices and with a full squad will be hard to stop. Tigers are a chance if Burston: A) is healthy and B)has some input.
Kings by 3.
GCB v NZB should be a close one. Harvey missing again will hurt the Blaze and the Breakers have a point to prove without Penny. NZ by 8.

Reply #333702 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

tigers and kings will be neck and neck, i would have predicted sydney if bogut had suited up, but without him i think its going to go down to the wire but the tigers by 8.

goldcoast to beat nz in another nail biter, i think goldcoast should come out of it by 5

Reply #333705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm pissed that i have to wait until 10:40PM to watch the NBL on tv...gone are the days of Live coverage :(

Reply #333711 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Hoping this link works.

Tigers v Kings

Reply #333712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

both games tonight very close exciting games, you have to be happy with that.

Reply #333738 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers take the win over the Blaze 102/87. Worthington with 28 and Will Hudson with 18 for GC and Gibson had 14 points and 6 assists . For NZ Abercrombie 25 points @ 73% and 9/9 from the freethrow line along with 21 from Wilkinson @ 69% FG and 3/3 from outside the arc. Vukona 16 @ 67% and Cedric Jackson had 11 points 7 rebounds 5 assists and a steal.
Now hopefully they can back it up against the Hawks.

Reply #333739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patty mills looked very very average tonight (only watched first three quaters so far)

bad shot selection, no assists, bad passes.

His defence has been questionable at best.

Two plays that sum up his game:

offensive isolation against Bruce, takes him to the elbow, spin move, gets blocked by Aaron Bruce....

Playing on ball D on Kaz at the top outside the three. Kaz shot fakes and beats him on the dribble.

Gave up alot of points defensivly.

It might sound like i'm hating here, but I do like patty!

Admittedly I did sneak a peak at the box score, and I assume Patty catches fire in the fourth.

Reply #333749 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Big choke from the Kings handed it to the Tigers. Patty Mills playing on a team where he actually should be the scorer as opposed to the Boomers where he should pass more.

Can't see the Tigers doing much this year. They have two good players in Mills and Ubaka no front court to speak of.

Sydney actually looked pretty good in the first three quarters. They should play finals if they keep this team together.

I think Bose will get a lot better as the season goes on.

Reply #333750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Patty Mills should play like Allen Iverson and just be a 1 man army.

Reply #333792 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:41 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754