Big Ads
Years ago

Free beer at next sixers home game?

I read in a previous thread that Cat hit a shot from centre court at half time.

Today my brother-in-law showed me a card that suggests a free beer would be provided at the next home game if a selected participant hit the half way shot.

I don't suppose Cat won those who received the card a free beer?

Topic #26547 | Report this topic

peter  
Years ago

The conditions on the ticket said the 1/2 time comp would be:

- 1 shot from foul line. If successful win 2 cartons of beer & get a shot from 3 pt line
- 1 shot from 3 pt line. If successful win another 5 cartons of beer & get a shot from 1/2 way line
- 1 shot from 1/2 way line. If successful, everyone in crowd gets a free beer at next home game.

The way it actually played out was the guy from the crowd had 2 foul shots & missed both so they dragged Cat out of the crowd.
Both missed 3's & they give each 2 shots from 1/2 way. Cat hit his second shot.

The announcer said everyone with a ticket gets a free beer next game & kids get an iceblock.

Reply #334205 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Yes he did!

Anyone one with one of those cards can claim their free beer against the Kings on October 21st.

Reply #334206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah he hit the shot but i dont know how they will tell who get the beer, i did not get anything on the way out. I just assume they hope everyone forgets.

Reply #334207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would giving away free alcohol be in breach of the Liquor Licensing Act?- And what is to stop underage patrons getting a free beer? I have never seen the staff at the bars ask for ID once.

Reply #334208 | Report this post

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

It was everyone gets a free beer and ice coffee for the kids no conditions. Assuming they will just give us a drink voucher as we enter. They could have put it in the membership bags if they held off 1 week.

I haven't got mine yet but heard they were pretty much useless.

Reply #334209 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

The deal is....

The 36ers dancers were handing out drink cards before the game. Hahn Super Dry for adults and Farmers Union Iced Coffee for anyone U/18.

Cat hit the shot, so the cards can be used at the next home game.

I've got mine!

Reply #334214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats pretty lame, they said everyone would get a drink. As for membership bag...well key ring/sticker/lanyard think the actaul plastic bag was worth more.

Reply #334216 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Bugger, I got there for the Lightning game, so didn't get my Drink Card. Saw the girls were handing out something, but just assumed it was some promotional thing, so didn't go check it out.

Reply #334217 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Sweet promo... mind you I think the team owes everyone a drink after last Saturday night! :D

Reply #334228 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Cat hit it with his 2nd shot? Then shame on OneHD and Mahersy and Carfino for telling the television audience that he hit the shot on his first attempt LOL.

Wonder how many will turn up to our next home game who weren't at the Arena for the opening round trying to scam a free beer :P But after the 33 point loss, how many of the 5,683 in attendance will return? Hopefully everyone and more.

Reply #334287 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

So you needed to get a card, i assumed everyone got one. I did not get a card offered on either my entry or exit (corporate entrance) Its no big deal to me but as a season ticket holder and someone at the game i would assume you would get a drink as preached to us by the MC.

Reply #334291 | Report this post

36ers solja  
Years ago

So when the MC said "everyone gets a free drink", really what it meant was; there are conditions set out. So someone who gets there early and doesnt recieve a card because he/she is watching the lightning match with interest or cos the cheerleaders dont walk past, miss out.

sounds like a perfect way to cheat people, much like the fru-chocs handout. any member who PAID for their seats actually get one? All i saw was corporates getting them.

But then its fru-chocs. No thanks

Reply #334299 | Report this post

Triton 36  
Years ago

I hope some of this is tongue in cheek. Are you really complaining that something being given out for free wasn't to your liking....? Or you were cheated because you missed out on being given a lucky card? If you want a beer, go buy it. If that's too much then you have bigger issues. Have a sense of perspective.

Reply #334303 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I didn't get a card either because I was there early to see the women's game. However, I didn't hear anything said about needing to present that card for a free drink. They said everyone would get a free drink who come to the next game. It sounded to me like encouragement for people to come along to the next game. As for the tickets, why would they hand out free drink tickets before the shootout had been won.

Reply #334310 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

May have been a mistake by a new MC?

Why hand them out? Promo with no guarantee of it having to cost them anything.

Reply #334315 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

My four kids got a packet of Fruchocs each so no complaints there - it wasn't just "corporates". The only issue was except for one - yes one - Fruchoc, they ate the rest themselves!

Reply #334319 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

I better get my free beer next home game!!!

Reply #334345 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Id love to see the reaction the Superdry rep had when it went in. Imagine his pitch to the boss "seriously no-one will get it in" its safe..... opening night half time bang Cat hits it. Superdry just lost thousands ha ha ha

Reply #334385 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Cost them bugger all in their financial world. To buy a keg retail is around $360, and you get around 115 schooners per keg. By the amount of whinging, not everyone got the welfare card, and a percentage were children, they'd be lucky to have to provide a 1500 beers.

Reply #334481 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Well when I arrived one of the beauties at the door handed me 5 cards. This Friday I'm getting pissed

Reply #334528 | Report this post

harry  
Years ago

pffttt

stuff the free beer
rather see some domination on the court

Reply #334656 | Report this post

anony  
Years ago

need more than free to get me to a game on a friday
what is going on
get free beers at work happy hours

friday games no value here

Reply #334977 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:15 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754