Isaac
Years ago

Blaze to sign Adris Deleon

AKA 2Hard2Guard, streetballer.

There are a few congratulatory tweets directed at him, e.g.

Chilling with the homie @2hard2guard10 before he leaves tmrw to Australia. Nice deal. #Sheesh
I think that leaves the Hawks as the only ones left looking.

Topic #26568 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

KingJames  
Years ago

hmmm i stuffed up my post let me try again

Homicide vs 2 Hard 2 Guard Video

Reply #334624 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

lol sorry 3rd time lucky. Isaac can you delete the other 2 post

Homicide vs 2 Hard 2 Guard Video

Reply #334625 | Report this post

opt  
Years ago

hah great vid
hope he talks as much smack as corey did

Reply #334626 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

why are the Blaze always looking for an import point. They have a boomers point guard and a boomer point guard in waiting on their roster.

Reply #334631 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Agreed ^

But there weren't too many holes to plug up anyway.

Reply #334634 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

Hudson, Wortho, Harvey, Goulding, Gibbo.

i guess you might wanna get a 3 man import?

Reply #334639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3-man for mine. But they need a creator so maybe this guy is ok. Hawks now just need to sign Williams before the Blaze-Hawks tv game next week!

Reply #334640 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

So they have Deleon, Gibson and Cadee among their PG ranks.

Why do they even need Cadee?

I thought they should have gone out and got an import 3 man.

They are loaded at PG with Gibson and Cadee, have great SG's in Goulding and Harvey (who should return very soon, possibly this week), have depth at the 4 spot with Worthington, Hoare and Petrie and have Hudson at the 5 spot(and Petrie can also be used here).

Gibson/Cadee
Goulding/Harvey
Import/Harvey or Wortho
Worthington/Hoare
Hudson/Petrie

That is one hell of a lineup. Put Goulding ahead of Harvey simply because Harvey is coming back from injury.

Reply #334641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now it's going to be

Gibson/Cadee
import/Goulding
Harvey/Hoare
Worthington/Garlepp
Hudson/Petrie

If Harvey hits shots that can be a good team.

Reply #334643 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

honestly i don't think Cadee is ready yet. he still needs more season under his belt. let's be honest, he's a talented ball player but he's not like an Ingles type that comes in and just clicks.

by getting Adris that means he can put Gibbo at the 2? Harvey/Goulding at 3, Wortho, Hudson. Or Adris, Gibbo, Wortho, Hoare, Hudson.

some pretty good variations right there. think it's a good signing

Reply #334645 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Strange choice. Thought that another 3 man was what they would go after. I would read a few things into this selection. Joey has decided that Wortho will play some reasonable time in the 3 spot and he needs to heavily reduce the minutes of one or both of Cadee and Bubbles.

Reply #334647 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wonder if Goulding is beyond coming off the bench? Harvey could play the three?

Reply #334650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the guy can flat out shoot/score though ... I just wonder how he will go with some real defense on him
I suspect cadee is still affected by the hip injury

Reply #334653 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

I think you guys are over-rating Goulding!

Reply #334676 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Possibly right that some are overating Goulding, he has shown glimpses of what he can do but at times has failed to back it up with consistancy.
I still believe we will see him explode this season with some very big games and sure up his 'off' nights by putting up solid numbers. Last week for example he had a poor game but still scored at 57% which showed he didnt get frustrated and force the offence. Hopefully Im right and he can prove his critics wrong.

With the new import coming into the squad I think we will see Joey look to up the tempo and post some big scores. Gibbo and Deleon to share the guard duties with Goulding/Harvey at 3 and Wortho/Hudson/Peach taking up the 4/5 minutes should see some really fast paced play.

This style of play should really suit the team we have as they are not renowned for lock down defense so with a green light to score the ball it should be fun to watch (or a train wreck!)

Reply #334681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if petrie can get healthy and find the form he had last year i think it's a good choice for the import
and creates good matchup problems for the big teams as they will be quick and gives them the ability to break the press of teams like perth - good move joey ..

Reply #334685 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

A lot of teams do well in the NBL (and in other comps too lately ie Dallas) with two ball handlers in the backcourt. This guy is a scorer and Gibson can guard a lot of SGs so it could work, but I would have gone for a 6'5-6'6 2-3 myself.

Reply #334690 | Report this post

Port  
Years ago

The best Adris Deleon video I've seen. Vsing Brandon Jennings/Demar Derozan in August 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97S_NRw4-5E&feature=related

Reply #334760 | Report this post

BJ  
Years ago

Caddee is so shit.

Reply #335194 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:55 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754