Anon
Years ago

Trigger

I'd like to hear what you all think about Cam Tragardh playing as a centre. The cons seem to far outweigh the pros. I think he is more suited to the power forward role but am interested to hear what you all think.

P.S. this isnt a thread to have a go at Cam. He can only play the position he is put in.

Topic #26702 | Report this topic

MK  
Years ago

agreed he's 1 of the best 4 man in the nbl and has never played center, so he's out of position. gleeson need to play burston more and let cam go back to his natural position

Reply #336897 | Report this post

Crocs City  
Years ago

Also long as he can catch the ball on the block face up like tim duncan and shoot and score he will be happy,but lets be honest he plays better from the right side of the court.

Reply #336901 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

He is a great player who does not look comfortable in the current Tiger line up. Perhaps if Burston can stay healthy and play more minutes?

Reply #336907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is one of the best post up 4 men in the league!

AS it is a small league on the offensive end it suits his game to be the main low post option however defensively it is a tough ask for him to bang bodies against larger opponents.

Reply #336908 | Report this post

Oz  
Years ago

I agree Burston should be playing more and that would free up Trigger. Is he injured at the moment? Watching the game vs Wollongong I thought he did a good job at both ends but hardly played. But with Burston on, I think Tragardh would still be the main post threat. He just wouldn't have to worry about guarding a 5 man and being the only Tigers player in the paint to get rebounds.

Reply #336910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Burston needs to be playing the 5 but he has no post moves and is always injured. Trigger is a good scorer but can't guard anyone

Reply #336982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No post moves? From the game I saw last night he was the only one making post moves towards the basket. That seems like an unfair statement to me.

He doesn't have the amount of moves the Cam has, but he is a great defender and rebounder. Let Tragardh do the bulk of scoring. He, touch wood, hasn't been injured this season yet, so that can't be an excuse. Until he gets injured...play him!!!

Reply #336991 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

correction, he has came out of an injury already this season!

Reply #337008 | Report this post

quinnie  
Years ago

It is evidently clear that we wont see the best of the Tigers until Gleeson sees the light and plays his 2 big men together, and in there natural positions! Yes, Burston did miss some of preseason with an injury, but has proved the last few weeks how effective he can be in the limited minutes he's been getting. It;s not rocket science!!!! Most teams out there would love to have a big man with his skills on there team. Gleeson does, but at this stage fails to recognise it!

Reply #337009 | Report this post

Ain't no G  
Years ago

Burstons knees are made out of papiermache and he can't handle more minutes

Reply #337011 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Burston just being eased into the season after his injury I think. He'll be starting for Greer by the end of the year. He's playing well in his 15mpg as it is.

Wouldn't say Trigger has been struggling at the 5 though. It's not his best spot but he's having a better season than his last.

Reply #337022 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

16p at 52%, 5r and his team is 3-1, it cant be all bad with Trigger at the centre spot. Having said that, the Tigers wont reach their potential until they have Burston up and firing so they can have a lot of different looks in the frontcourt, including the two bigs together.

Reply #337035 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Trig may be getting 16pts but how many points is he giving up by having to guard genuine centers from other teams. I think if Matt Burston was to get more time Trigs average would increase because he's not being defended by bigger players.

Reply #337043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Trigger guards Bigs better then what he does with actual PFs, look at how much Catron and Gruber teared him apart.

Reply #337053 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

How many points would Trigger give up guarding PFs like Redhage, Catron, Worthington, Mims etc? He is a bad defender, it doesnt matter what position he is playing.

Truth is he is a 4/5, it's about picking the right moment to play him in each spot and utilising him well.

Reply #337054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My biggest question is over why gleeson runs the shuffle... Ino its tiggers tradition but its lindseys shuffle, not trevs. Ino he has added some nice wrinkles I.e. the pin down 4 mills. But other then horns what has he put in. why doesn't he run something that will more suite the players he has. Run his own style, but make it suite the players he has. Stuff what other coaches have run at the,cage. Change this & I think the likes of trigger will be more suited.

Reply #337116 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Gleeson ran the shuffle in Townsville and it was the reason they were always one of the worst offensive teams.

He kept Rolan Roberts on the three point line for a season and then wondered why he wasnt producing...

Reply #337281 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I thought Gleeson mostly ran the flex in Townsville, but it had the same effect of getting everyone to the perimeter at some point.

Reply #337285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He most certainly ran flex

Reply #337461 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:00 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754