BigTime
Years ago

Renamed Western Magic thread

Why are Magic in div 3 the flogged the eagles 90 - 2 either the div 3 comp is that bad or they are that good and if so put them in woodvilles div 1 or 2 spot....

Topic #26737 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The players in that magic team should leave and go to a real club that contributes to all levels of basketball in SA.

End of discussion.

Reply #337637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes I agree with that also.

Reply #337643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So your 1st team beat Forestville's 6th team. Hiliarious. That is really something to talk about. Idiots. All member clubs shouyld get together to vote this club out of the association because they do nothing for basketball.

Reply #337644 | Report this post

Years ago

i support pro / rel - if they are good enough to play up - so be it.

Reply #337646 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

The floggings must stop merge or move-em up!

Reply #337650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There needs to be two tiers in clubs. Div 1 and 2 being district standard and 3 into infinity social and clubs then need to adjust the fees accordingly.

Reply #337651 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The top team of one club beats the 6th team of another in the pre-season and parents come on here to gloat. Lame. But what else do you expect from the Magic? No class.

Reply #337656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What I don't understand is why these Magic parents keep their kids at the club. They obviously have some talented enough players to play div 1/2 so why do they continuously stay at Western and play div 3?

Do they not realise that that BSA will never let them play div 1/2?

Reply #337659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because western is cheap as tru dot have the commitments that the district clubs do.
Because some western coaches and admin believe they will be allowed to have higher grade teams if they win at Div 3 level.
Because a lot of parents don't understand the system and wouldn't know how it works.

Just 3 reasons for you

Reply #337663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

western magic is possibly the most pointless team? i'm still surprised they've lasted this long... look at what happened to the Northern Rattlers, what a joke

Reply #337666 | Report this post

Schlanky  
Years ago

Surely after years of 'maybe next year we will get into div 1' people would give up?

Reply #337670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didnt magic merge with west....?

Reply #337671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to the agreement Magic was to give West all the players that were good enough to have a go at higher divs,but basketball SA has pulled the plug for now so this year no players wondered over.Not ever a merger really but an attempt to form an association or if you want a partnership.A few coaches went down last season,none there from Magic at the moment.Warriors & Magic must find common ground & merge because this clearly did not work out, St Clair must become a fortress for basketball in the western suburbs.60 teams between the two is incentive enough.

Reply #337988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when will you magic people understand that no one takes your club seriously.

Merge? Please.

BSA needs to get rid of Magic. That's the only solution to this ridiculous scenario.

Reply #337990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK then Bearcats +Magic=70 teams eat that woodville!If we disappear we will but under the Westies banner.By the way nobody takes the warriors seriously either,you have got the has been syndrome bad-wait a minute you were never has been either i must be thinking if West.

Reply #338017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West don't want you as well. You are a social club with no history, no ethics or future. Why would a good club like them merge with you. WHat does it acheive for them and basketball. If BSA were making the decisions when you tried to enter your "club", you would have never been allowed. The funny thing is that you go on how great you are, but really you need a merger to survive. How dumb is that? (and I am not from Woodville or West).

Reply #338027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

don't think merge is the right word maybe takeover is more appropriate

Reply #338029 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Renamed the thread. Had an email expressing concern at the title involving the young players themselves when (I'm guessing) the real issue is broader than that.

Reply #338033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wests , Magic and Woodville need to sit down and begin a real dialogue. Magic and Woodville need to get over the issues both female leaders had and realize both have gone. Players from both clubs also need to end the feud and accept that Magic have a legitimate right to exist and build a bridge.
West need and have the right to merge with Magic as they at least moved towards a model that allowed Magic access to other grades. If West don't want to merge then Woodville need to propose marriage and hope Magic accept.
Everyone involved including BSA must face the fact that three clubs in the western area is untenable and that unless a merger of one sort or the other occurs basketball will be on the nose and off the radar for parents and new young players.
Woodville you are average in the boys and disgraceful in the girls and Magic you are average in both, West is stronger than both but well behind the top four.
Perhaps the egos that caused your clubs to languish need tweaking and some of you might need to make way but unless you do posts about your byes, forfeits and lack of competitive teams will continue.

Reply #338048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have added tis link, very impressive.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-4567-0-0-0&sID=202665&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=17120298§ionID=202665

Reply #338063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Players from both clubs also need to end the feud and accept that Magic have a legitimate right to exist and build a bridge."

Sounds like the middle east conflict.

Reply #338070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

middle west

Reply #338079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both clubs need to have a vote,all parents/players &staff must get these results & take it from there.

Reply #338092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both clubs need to have a vote,all parents/players &staff must get these results & take it from there.

Reply #338093 | Report this post

Western Magic  
Years ago

We would like to make comments on a few things that a lot of people may not realise and continue to give their opinion on.

1st Magic and West Adelaide are still in talks with the association set up and we still have Magic players moving into the Div 1 & 2 teams at Bearcats the only hold up is that BSA have not been able to provide a direction on what the association should look like.

2nd There are Magic players in our teams that could easily move either to the Bearcats or other clubs and play higher but they don't want to, they take pride in playing for Magic and don’t want to move to another clubs just to play in higher divisions. This is absolutely their choice and the club will never force them away because they are too skilled.

3rd In the case of our U/14 Girls Magic did nominate this team for Div 2 after full and open discussion with the Bearcats for this year only until the association format is decided by BSA. Neither club was in a position to take the association to the next level for this summer season until we receive BSA advice. Yet BSA denied this team to play Div 2 even though 2 years ago (and this is the best indication of a team’s performance) they won the U/12 Girls Div 2 Summer & Winter Season.

Whether people like the fact that Magic are in the competition or not shouldn’t be the issue. If Magic weren’t around would any of these children be playing basketball, maybe not? It shouldn’t really matter if they play for Magic or anyone else, they are playing this great game that we are all trying to promote and develop.

For most we hope this has shed some light on this a few things for you.

Reply #338163 | Report this post

BigTime  
Years ago

Thankyou that has answered a few questions for me anyway so it sounds like another case of BSA and thier incompetence. So how is the new Sturt Basketball league coming along could be time for a new Rome.....??

Reply #338171 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

so because you arent getting what you want it's ok to stand on principle and dishearten and drive these young girls from the sport basketball

i do agree however that BSA needs to do something BUT BSA wont care that you are trying to make a "statement"

Western Magic needs to respect other teams and respect and encourage their own players to use the path provided for them in the West/Magic association

Reply #338183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #338184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Western Magic, can you completely rule out any merger with Woodville because if you can it certainly points to a direction BSA need to take to eliminate one of the western clubs?

Reply #338185 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

BSA created the debacle so BSA need to resolve.BSA knew allowing magic into western area would create 3rd team in the west.So they create they endorse they need to be accountable.

Answer is blowing in the wind, retract magic position and restore west to 2 clubs. But no BSA too wimpy to make hard calls to better the sport.Airy fairy association dream and magic and west live happil ogether - i think not.Bearcats dont need magic never have never will. Play for us as bearcats - magic cant you see the path it is clear.

Reply #338237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it possible to get all three clubs down west talking & getting an agreement where Magic sends its better players(who chose to move up)to choose which member club in the west to play for.For a lot of the kiddies the port is too far away.This would be a nice show of good will by all and it would greatly strengthen the sport in the western burbs.

Reply #338263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Western Magic you said
"2nd There are Magic players in our teams that could easily move either to the Bearcats or other clubs and play higher but they don't want to"
Why then did we have 2 girls turn up at our club ready to play div 2 and were talked out of it with a promise of playing div 2 for magic.
They dont want to or a lied to?

Reply #338285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic knew when they started that they would only play at best div 3, so what is all the fuss, Magic put up with it and shut up or have some pride for the kids that want to progress and merge with West, Woodville or whoever!

Reply #339311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At the time Magic was in its infancy,now the baby has grown up and it wants a rattle of its on not sharing with older siblings.Nobody knew the club would be so large & that Warriors would shrink in size-what are we to do now.If a parent wants to abort a child then changes the decision,the child is much loved when it is grown and the old thoughts are forgotten,Now that is where Magic is now,we are alive and we want to live,our parent BASA left but are adopted one Basketball SA loves us also-As the Frankenstein monster said;i just want to live(and play in higher divisions too)!

Reply #339341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How apt to liken your club to an abortion analogy

Reply #339349 | Report this post

Wateve  
Years ago

then fork out the couple thousand it takes to field an ABL side and join the rest of us. Just because you are winning all your games by 70 points and STILL DOING A FULL COURT PRESS does not mean BSA will put you up to div 1&2, if by some miracle they do thn i will lose the last of the respect i had for BSA

Reply #339352 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

agree - WMagic, you want to play the same divisions and be on equal footing as the rest of the clubs, fine, enter an ABA side - like the rest of the clubs!!!! In the meantime, I was led to believe this team/coach etc was offered the entire team play under the West Adelaide banner, why not just try it for one season, instead of sulking like the child you obviously still are.

Reply #339355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA should kick these clowns out (magic) they have no right to play and should not have been allowed go play church basketball instead

Reply #339421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey dude these clowns are the future of basketball in the west.Superior strip,/location/attitude its all win win win from hear.Citizens have less money to spend than before,wait till Israel invades Iran and there is a new petrol crisis.Try playing district with no petrol or FA money.Local is the future and the future is Magic my dear ABL and district buddies.When the crap is over and better times come,we will have the bulk of players in Adelaide because of our Superior understanding of what people want.

Reply #339669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Play jingles mate there is no future at magic for kids to ply div 3 join or fold so the kids can be taught the right way not just play 21 or bump all night as the under 18 girls do there is a coach NOT, to hard at West so took the easy option back to magic

Reply #339671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville Warriors will invade the courts and enslave the rebellious Magicians.This heresy will be ended & a golden age will dawn at st Clair-Nostradamus!

Reply #339704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't know what medication you are on, but Magic is like the power in the AFL just making up the numbers and when in financial trouble the other clubs would have to bail you out so just fold and do us a favour plus those magic uniforms are so unsightly. I wouldn't even clean my car with it

Reply #339706 | Report this post

Div1 player  
Years ago

Are they unsightly??? What do they look like? I've never seen one as I play Div 1...

Reply #339708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't compare the power to Western Magic to the power. Port have tradition and success...

Reply #339719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too right even playing div 2 you won't but div 3 and more should see the parent gloat about nothing more then their over inflated ego's and no knowledge of the game

Reply #339727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Over inflated ego my but,if we kept our now under 16 team together we would have beaten half the clowns that are allowed to play in div 2.The under 14 team i wont even start talking about,let them have a game with wests div 1 team-you have no idea so just shut up,and that would be with our crap coaches also.

Reply #339757 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Anonymous above are you for real, nothing like living your dreams through your kids, you are the typical abusive parent and spectator, you shouldnt be allowed near kids sport at anytime, got a Police Clearance, Have we??? To call kids clowns when they are playing sport is unforgiveable and are you also calling your volunteer coaches CRAP?? OMFG I thought I had heard everything from the MAGIC camp but this tops the lot!!

Reply #339759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon,

I am sure your Div3 team is a fine team but there is no way you would beat West based on how you have performed against some of the Div 3 teams from other clubs. Just beating Norwood 3 and North 3 - you need to be winning by 50+ if you think you can beat a Div 1 team.

Anyway you can sort that out by nominating for the state champs and qualifying for the nationals!!

Reply #339762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I said that if we had our players from West back home.The clown comment is just matching the rudeness of a comment a bit above me+ that our coaches are uneducated about the sport-its called sarcasm!I have a great relationship with our staff & volunteers,they are just everyday people who are trying to help out a bit hard when you have people in above comments being so rude.And at last years state champs we did sort out West,even without our best players.Dont believe me go ask the west under 14 div 2 coach from last year.

Reply #339788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players coming back to Magic,what a joke,one girl that played under 14 division 1 then 2 was told there is no place for her in the under 16 division 3 team so now she is playing in Magics div 2 under 18 team.She is better than a lot of the players in the under 16 team,and a lot more experienced because of the year at West-SHAME ON YOU MAGIC IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT YOUR PLAYERS BY PUNISHING THEM WHEN THEY COME BACK!

Reply #339794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coaches they have a magic what joke, so called male coach that tried his hand at West , but was interfering with his social life, returned to magic , The west boys are now playing with intensity and the magic girls that he is in charge of, what can I say getting flogged by 50 points a game, no set offence, shooting foul shots all night at training, so is that what you call a professional club

Reply #339800 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Unification under the Woodville banner is the only thing that will save the Magicians,whoever doesn't want to play district may opt to play social basketball.Then the pricing of play for lower divs must be put down to attract more kids into the sport.Both clubs have a coaching crisis, whether they admit to it or not,together they will just about iron out this problem.The Bearcats idea was & still is a stupid one,not having a relationship with your neighbors only weakens basketball in the Woodville area.

Reply #339848 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Only joking,but who knows what the future brings.

Reply #339869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marketing to a specific demographic has been spot on by the teal & white giants of tomorrow.All that is needed now is a major sponsor & the ABL team+ higher divs are on the way.Buttering up Basketball SA and some members with the mouthwatering prospect of an enlarged comp will do wonders for the game in SA.Do i hear somebody trembling,or was that just an aftershock of our Quake a few weeks ago.

Reply #340320 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yeah now put your money where your mouth is!!

Reply #340323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sponsors? basketball sponsors, man are you on a trip!

Reply #340335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why not,cant somebody rich has a love for the sport.I know this person has been following Magics operations for a while now(unknown even to them believe me),but the price would be a merger with Woodville because its not his interest to ruin a good recruitment area with 2 clubs.I know it sort of is working so far but his plans are truly above anything this state has seen so far.His investments overseas are doing well & if a major project goes through believe me he will put a lot of money where his mouth is.

Reply #340454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So we have this emerging giant who will takeover the West. I thought I would go and look at some of there games and also check out Sportingpulse.

This "Giant" have only 26 teams of which 7 are Seniors or YL leaving only 19 junior teams. (Actually I am not sure if they have 7 teams as apparently their only Men's YL team forfeited last week so not sure how many players the club may have.)

Of these 19 teams the future of any club, the 10's and 12's, have only 5 teams!!

Why so few younger age kids when fees are so cheap? Why are you not attracting many U10's/U12's when you are providing the product that people want in the West??

As for some teams performing well let's not forget that your best team is often playing the 3rd or 4th or even lower MEMBER club teams. Go and watch some of the good clubs train and you will quickly realise that some of these 3rd or 4th or 5th teams would struggle to score against that clubs Div 1 team.

Don't be delusional - one good team does not mean the overall club is strong.

Reply #340463 | Report this post

red7  
Years ago

#454 - Sorry to be so blunt, but you are talking crap. That story is so blatantly a lie. Either that or someone else has filled your head with rubbish, and you are the epitome of gullible.

Reply #340468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe your best friend is a liar & you gullible.O ye of little faith!

Reply #340496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A mining billionaire maybe?An oil sheikh?

Reply #341062 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754