Jamie
Years ago

Cameron Tragardh - The Best Centre in the NBL ....

The best centre in the comp by an absolute mile,
Khazzouh isnt anywhere near as damaging around the court.

Topic #26777 | Report this topic

opt  
Years ago

Hes had a top start to this season.

Reply #338421 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

confirming the sad state of 5's in the league....

Reply #338424 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Khazzou is considerably better IMO.

Trigger feeds off Mills, Ubaka and Dorsey and the attention that those scorers receive.

Trigger does an exceptional job of getting into scoring spots and finding holes, and when he gets the ball he is a great finisher around the key with some nice touch.

But Khazzou is a great post player with some nice smooth post moves. He can create a shot in the post better than Trigger, and his rebounding is a lot stronger as well.

Have to remember Trigger is always guarded by single cover and the defense will be much more attentative to the other Tigers on the court.

Whereas, Khazzou is mostly always doubled or receives some form of pressure from another defender, and he doesn't have the likes of Ubaka and Mills around him so the defence can pay large attention to Khazzou and not have to worry about being scorched on the scoreboard.

Reply #338425 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

By an absolute mile? Wilkinson? Khazzouh? I hope you're just trolling.

Reply #338426 | Report this post

Jamie  
Years ago

and As an added bonus from a value for money fantasy perspective he is exceptional when comparing him to the price of KhazzMan ...

Reply #338427 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

wilkinson is the best 5 in the league,khazzou has a really good 4/5 game but is lacking stength in upper and lower body.
trigger......not sure where to put trigger....one of those bits and pieces,take advantage of the situations,slippery,unorthodox,unco bastard,a sort of david stiff...dusty rychart combo!!

Reply #338430 | Report this post

Rog  
Years ago

Daniel Johnson, Julian Khazzouh, Gary Wilkinson all have won player of the week awards. Trigger yet to be honoured.

Trigger wouldve been looking good to win this weeks award though if melbourne had gotten up in OT.

Reply #338431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watch out for Matty Knight this season.

Reply #338434 | Report this post

anonymouszz  
Years ago

Im a tigers fan but he gets most of his points through good pg play, misses most of his free throws and lacks on the defensive end

Reply #338436 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

although at the 5 this year, I think he would still like to be acknowledged as a 4 man. in that regard I do think he's among the top.

as far as him and Khazzou? I think he's got an offensive edge over Khazzou. but I'd rather Khazzou if I'm to pick between the 2.

also worth mentioning (might've gone unnoticed) Trigger had the top scoring performance last season, so his offensive ability is definitely among the top.

Reply #338439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whilst there are no decent centre's in the NBL anymore I'd take Khazzouh despite how pathetically soft he is around the basket.

Reply #338441 | Report this post

Crocs City  
Years ago

If you noticed last yr trigga had a bad scoring yr last yr,cause didn't have a good team around him,such as people that new there roll properly at the tigers and bad pg that couldn't give him the ball,bad team he plays bad,he played well with Hawkes he had davidson giving him the ball from high post so 2 bigs working together and 2yrs in a row great import pg's got him the ball at correct time,with roll plays as sav and soupy that are vets and know how to get him the ball.

Also Matt Knight would be a lock in as a Boomer if wasn't injured all the time,does anyone watch him in good patches they way he boxes out and can rebound also his d-fence big body sold screens,and he can lock down that post and score at will,Brett Brown really likes him from what i have heard,but keeping him on the court long enough to impress and be more productive is the problem,imagine u had him in ville at the 5,and shechn was out still and homes at 4 wow we would get some work done.

Any one see lastnights game vanderjack got more courttime then allen what happens in 2 weeks,who do the crocs want to keep i know Allen under contract but vandy is way more productive then Allen.

Reply #338445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trigger is efficient at the offensive end but at the defensive end he cant defend his own shadow! Therefore Wilkinson and Khaz are well ahead of him

Reply #338447 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Dont forget Schenscher. Guys like Davidson, Crosswhite and M Knight are very effective in their own way too. Even though the 5 spot in the NBL is more of a 4-5 spot there are some very handy guys up front.

Tragardh is playing great though, his defensive effort is definitely better than last year too, though it's still far from a strength!

Reply #338464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Allen just doesn't get it - too afraid to bang around inside just fades out to the three point line when the ball goes up - I was hopeing for his sake that he would benefit from training with a guy like jacob everyday - way too soft and QBL level at best next year

As for trigger he's got a real knack of finding the hoop - but not in the same defensive league as knight, wilkinson and kazz

Reply #338470 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Allen didn't even crash the boards or do anything.

He is no where near an NBL level player; Easily the worse player in the league.

It makes me so angry to see a player like Allen get an NBL contract, when there is so many players out there that would kill to be in his position (get a contract).

He lacks work ethic and skill.

Vanderjagt, on the other hand, played really nice I thought. He was working very hard down low.

Reply #338495 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

LOL Jamie, Trigger is a very good 4 who is getting away with playing the 5 this year because of the lack of big, dominant centres.

Khazzouh is a far superior centre. Not only does he have just as sweet a touch around the basket as Tragardh, he can also shoot FTs AND his range goes out to three. He rebounds at least as well as Trigger, defends the rim better and has the length to guard the big centres.

Reply #338496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trigger is a 4, not a 5.. he's playing out of position really...

Reply #338498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trig is best suited as a quick 5 in the NBL, playing 4 when the match-up is right. No way can he guard the top 4s as you cant just send doubles to the low block to help him out.

Reply #338522 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

neither can any 4s guard him either

Reply #338529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they can guard him as well as 5s can

Reply #338554 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Once Burston is fit and firing he's not even the best C at his club.

Reply #338592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is a tweener who causes match-up problems for some teams as the lack the diversity to cover him.

Reality has it is is a good player with nice touch who is in a system that is really working for his game at the moment.

Reply #338754 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I agree with that. For the most part at the moment Melbourne are using the mismatch in their favour better than their opponents

Reply #338757 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754