Happy Days
Years ago

Should Tigers go for Sean Marks?

Why wouldnt the Tigers make a play for Sean Marks (NZ?

Topic #26878 | Report this topic

wade  
Years ago

someone tell me why marks had a 10yr career in the nba and players like jawai and anderson 2yrs and gone

Reply #339758 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe fits in, follows the coach, plays D? Not sure. I think when players last a bit longer than people expect, it's often because the coach appreciates something that they bring to the team - chemistry, stability, etc.

Reply #339760 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

The same can be said about 100s of NBA players. Andersen is an average defender so as a big with limited offensive skills in the NBA he probably doesn't quite fit. If Jawai was told to focus on his rebounding, setting screens and defence for his NBA career he might have a future there.

Reply #339763 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

From what i can see hes not playing anywhere at the moment.They want a big and he has NZ nationality so he fits the bill.$$$$ might be an issue.

Reply #339764 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Dollars would be an issue no doubt.

The reason Marks stayed in the NBL for so long was because he was a great team guy (I am in no way saying that Andersen or Jawai weren't or aren't).

Coaches considered him the perfect training guy, and when he was with the Spurs he did a fantastic job in training of really taking it at Duncan and getting him prepared for what starting centers would throw at him.

He was a guy that was more than happy to stay and play on the minimum wage; He didn't care about playing time and just wanted to help his team anyway he could, hence why he was such an aggressive and high-intensity teammate in training.

The reason why he stayed around was because he possessed the intangibles -- He had a great attitude, an incredible work ethic and was all heart.
A player of that mould is someone that a coach is ALWAYS willing to have.

Reply #339767 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The reason Marks stayed in the NBA*

Reply #339769 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers have made a few plays at getting him but to no avail. He has a young family and prob enough money to get by with so is prob happy to sit things out for now and rest his body during the lockout. He is currently a free agent.

Reply #339789 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:37 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754