Anonymous
Years ago

ABL Women - rookies shine

martin ,mansfield, mencel,francis.

All still play in under 18 comp making their mark in abl.

look at their stats!!

they are getting limited minutes and working their buts off when they come on the court, sometimes 8h or 9th off the bench.

good luck at nationals girls!!

Topic #2695 | Report this topic

Bootlegs' Buddy  
Years ago

Cayla Francis for me. She's hot.

Go Mavs'

Reply #30289 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

"Bootleg's buddy" who the hell are you, you're steeling my Mogo man.

Reply #30394 | Report this post

pimp my stats  
Years ago

why be so surprised top age u18s are making it

that is the norm now - there are even a few top age u16s playing seniors

good on them

Reply #30465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cayla should be in the Gems team........

Reply #30637 | Report this post

Curious Monkey  
Years ago

you clearly weren't at the North game Saturday night. Agreed: Cayla has potential, and had a few solid games, but has a lot of work to do on her game before she makes the Gems.

Reply #30642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you seen some of the Gems squad???

Reply #30661 | Report this post

bigger picture  
Years ago

I have. Have you? She's got no competition in this league, hence her success so far. Put her up against players of her stature and athleticism (which are currently in the Gems squad) and see how she goes...

Reply #30664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cayla still has a lot of learning to do, and to come up against these bigs in the gems would be tough for her...physically and mentally...but no doubt she would do awesome!

Reply #30991 | Report this post

Shoota  
Years ago

who are the U'16 girls who are in the ABA??

Reply #31342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

T. Madgen for eastern

Reply #31345 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Madgen is a player. Great potential.

Reply #31346 | Report this post

Shoota  
Years ago

Are there any others you know of?

Reply #31349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ive noticed the Centrals team have a few young girls in their squad. Does anyone think that these girls will gain from playing ABA? Has anyone seen them play?

Reply #31351 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Jealous, jealous, jealous. That is all I can say. Cayla may have some shortcomings but this girl can play and she is only 15, just look at her playing ABA. Hey all you anons there tell us your name, don't hide. Can't you take that people talk about her not you. It is easy stabbing people in the back  put up or shut up  cowards!!!! Cayla has great future in front of her and she is a nice kid too leave her alone. Prove yourself against her on the bball court, or are you afraid that she will kick your behind?

(Mod: The posts you're referring to have been deleted.)

Reply #32060 | Report this post

real baller  
Years ago

YEH SHE HAS GAME, BUT SHE HAS ONLY INDIVIDUAL GAME, YOUR OBVIOULSY A BIG FAN OF HERS, AND NO DOUBT SHE WILL MAKE IT BUT ALL WE'RE SAYING IS SHE HAS SOME LEARNING TO DO EG PASS THE BALL...AND ABA ISNT THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF BASKETBALL COMPETITON, ANDYONE CAN DOMNINATE IN THAT IF THEY TRIED THEIR HARDEST....AND THATS WHAT CAYLA IS DOING. AGE DONT MEAN SHIT, SO DONT SAY "& SHES ONLY 15" SHE HAS BEEN PLAYING THE SPORT MOST OF HER LIFE SO SHE HAS GOOD REASONS AND IS EXPECTED TO BE GOOD! CHECK THE AIS WEBSITE....THERE ARE ALOT OF KIDS ONLY 15-16...SO SHE AINT TO YOUNG TO BE OFFERED A SCHOLARSHIP....AND NO I AINT AFRAID SHE WILL KICK MY BUM COS I KNOW FOR A FACT SHE WOULDNT......;)

(Mod: This person is posting from the AIS)

Reply #32089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

real baller, I would check the AIS website next year and you might just see her face there.

Reply #32093 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

real baller you are a real pathetic jelous shmack with chip on your shoulder. This forum is not for people like you to rubish junior players. She may have some learning to do, so what. Stay positive and leave juniors alone. They have they own coaches to tell them what they do right or wrong and dont need your garbage trumpeted all over the place. If you think that anyone can dominate in ABL if they try their hardest you obviously have no idea - stop drooling.

Reply #32095 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Hey real, what are you doing in front of the computer at 19.11 hour. Should't you be playing ABL or maybe watching before you comment on it?

Reply #32096 | Report this post

pfft  
Years ago

2 words for you all...Ellie Manou!! She's a 15 year old kid who started playin ball at the beginnin of last year and is already at the institute and has been brought into the gems program! the kids got some serious game and thats the name you should all be talking about!!!

(Mod: Don't post under different names to support your point.)

Reply #32099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

me thinks some tute people have nothing else better to do than bag kids trying to get there. You haven't made it yet girls, get your heads put of the clouds and instead of bagging other players start concentratimg on yourselves and work hard while you are there and use your opportunities efficiently

Reply #32114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the ais would have better things to do! Im sure that it isnt them writing those posts, there are many ppl jealous of cayla...so why blame the ais kids, just because they are an easy target and they are at a high level.

Reply #32116 | Report this post

coach t  
Years ago

anon i think your the one who should be getting ur head outta the clouds!!! the tute kids have too much on their plates to come on a silly forum like this and bag out a girl that is probably friends with them all.

Reply #32117 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The posts critical of Cayla Francis and then suggesting that it is not AIS kids posting are coming from the Ausport.gov.au network in (surprise, surprise) Canberra...

Busted!

Reply #32119 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

that is really poor form on the AIS's behalf. Would the coaches know their 'elite' athletes are rubbishing our up-and-comers?

Reply #32125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just informing you all, that it wasnt any of the AIS basketball girls, and if you could get your facts straight before you guys post rubbish that could damage players reputations. thanks

Reply #32132 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yours and the other posts are all coming from the AIS network. Simple fact. How do you know that it wasn't any of the AIS basketball girls? You don't see the posters IP. I do.

Reply #32133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rookie - that was posted by a moderator, who receives information on where all the posts come from. He can see the information that you didn't know got sent with your posts. Maybe the AIS kids need to focus on their studies more than their slagging.

Reply #32134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i wonder if brownie knows what his young ones are up to. maybe he should be told!!

Reply #32136 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Well, well, well. I wonder who is rubbishing the competition and why? Some elite. Shame on whoever it is.

Reply #32151 | Report this post

kate alexander  
Years ago

re: ABL Women - rookies shine (#32060)

"Hey all you anons there tell us your name, don't hide."
realist, 30/04/05

im not taking a stab or starting any confrontation, but i would like to take you up on that!

care to enlighten us on who you are?

Reply #34166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gold! Great find looking at the IP addys there Issac!! classic! ;)

Reply #34556 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:50 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754