Isaac
Years ago

Bruton's knee issues force missed game

Bruton is being kept off the practice floor this week and coach Andrej Lemanis confirmed yesterday he will sit out Friday's game, the 100th NBL game at the North Shore Events Centre.

That brings to an end a run of 83 consecutive ANBL games for Bruton dating back to January 2009. He has only missed two games since joining the Breakers in 2008 - and the club lost both.

Lemanis was still awaiting results of scans taken on Bruton's knees but the prognosis is that he is suffering from tendonitis and that the best treatment is time off his legs. The trainers' plan was to "nurse" Bruton back to health by keeping weight off those ageing knees for as long as possible.
Full article

Topic #26950 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Jackson will run the point and Corletto can back him up as ballhandler or young Josh Bloxham will get a run and Henry is back in the line up and can swap between SF and SG. Breakers will be sweet and I'd rather Bruton is healthy come the tail end of the season to sink some daggers

Reply #340733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ANBL? Damn Kiwis. NBL. NZNBL

Reply #340738 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I was gonna say the same thing.. ANBL? do they call the NBA USANBA?

Reply #340741 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

No, because there isnt an NZNBA!

Reply #340751 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

AWTF???

Reply #340765 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

It was obvious he was injured. He went 0/9 in Cairns & his shots were not even close. Cj coming to the end of a fine career!

Reply #340776 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

great player, great career
hope it finishes on a high

Reply #340812 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It is possible that this could extend his career an extra year. His comment "I dont do ice baths" was a pretty bad attitude for a veteran, and this may make him realise he needs to manage his body much better.

After a rest and with a better balanced training load he may even stop missing his jumpers short!

Reply #340814 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I hope he'll be healthy enough to fly and play against the 36ers @ the next home game.

I'd like to see CJ once more @ least before he retires. There is no doubt he's slowing down, body is catching up etc.

Reply #340832 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Official injury report:

CJ Bruton - Knee tendonitis - Will not play, out two weeks

Reply #340865 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I wouldn't go near an ice bath either, imagine the "shrinkage"!!!

Reply #340866 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's not pretty mate, let me tell ya!

Reply #340876 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I'm disturbed if the shower goes cold

Reply #340891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hopefully this isn't his last season, but a part of me is glad that corletto is getting a chance to shine in nz

Reply #340893 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Corletto had a good game in Cairns but choked a bit at the clutch. CJ & him couldn't muster a good look for the last shot & a win. A fit CJ lives for that moment!!

Reply #340898 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

CJ is out for 2weeks with the tendonitis and damage to his knee cap, he hasn't been able to bend his knees properly for a few games hence his woeful shooting numbers. Corletto was a great signing especially now, and he has already said he would be happy to finish out his career here in NZ, as would most Breakers fans.

Reply #340910 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

That's great Mystro that all the Breakers fans wanna finish their careers there!!

Reply #340926 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

no smart ass, all the Breakers fans want to end their careers on the Gold Coast ;)

Reply #340935 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:05 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754