CP3
Years ago

Ben Madgen Vs Darren Ng

Who would be the better option for the 36ers?

Topic #27190 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

no contest ng easy give him minutes and he will deliver

Reply #344513 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Totally depends on what you're looking for. If you want a flat out shooter and don't need much else you'd take Ng. If you want a scorer off the bench that can create his own shot and score in a variety of ways, Madgen's the go. I'd say they're too different to decide between. In the case of the Sixers at the moment, we probably need someone like Madgen. Having said that, Ng has been one of our best as of late IMHO.

Reply #344514 | Report this post

MWP  
Years ago

Thanks Mr Ng for your anonymous post!

Reply #344515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NG for sure.

Reply #344516 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Darren Ng please.

Reply #344517 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

NG for sure,he can score almost immediately coming off bench and can get 10 in 5 mins on bench.He gets crowd going after a couple of 3s straight!!!!!

Reply #344518 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

MWP - That's Dr Ng.

Reply #344519 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Wot about Aaron Bruce v Chris Warren as best option?

Reply #344520 | Report this post

stat jack  
Years ago

skip - r ng
he has no d

Reply #344521 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

why should we have to choose??

next year ild think we at least would be looking to upgrade one or more of crosswell and herbert.

ild think we could target cadee and madgen. defensively though im not sure if that improves us alot which has been our weakness.

as a straight argument im not sure. madgen has been quite good for sydney and has been putting up quite good numbers albeit in good minutes. as mentioned ng unlike alot of players can fire quickly without needing big minutes to establish any rhythm, that is pretty priceless to us. anyway, whose to say madgen would be putting up decent numbers under clarke? who knows?

Reply #344523 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I'd rather Madgen than Ng, because he can do more on the court. Ng does shoot the three a lot better though. So Phil is right in the sense that it'd be nice to be able to start Madgen and still bring Ng in off the bench for a spark.

Reply #344525 | Report this post

MJ23  
Years ago

This is a no brainer, I would take Madgen everyday over Ng. Ng is a one trick pony (shooting 3's) but when that strength is taken away from him he doesn't have enough other scoring options i.e. attack off the dribble to keep him on the court. Also Ng is liability on the Defensive end & gets abused too often by bigger stronger guards down on the post. Madgen loves a scrap & doesn't take a backward step from anyone once he get's between the white lines. He is IMO as good as Ng from the 3 point line but can also score in a variety of other ways i.e. off the dribble in penetration & utilising screens effectively to score.

Reply #344526 | Report this post

Eddy  
Years ago

What a boring post, I would be more interested in why we have a so called top coach saying he is still learning nearly 2 1/2 years into contract and not in finals contention considering we had a near full team now he has an easy option saying the captain is out. How and when will he make the players lift above what they are.
Its either sack Ng and the team or the coach

Reply #344535 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Eddy, already many topics about that if you search.

On topic, Ng.

To the person who mentioned Crosswell, he is signed for next year.

Reply #344547 | Report this post

Japorms  
Years ago

Ng. he is a doctor

Reply #344551 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I looked over this Holmes guy , last game and although we've mentioned him before , he's just getting better. That was the best I ever seen him play. To my knowledge , some never recanted.

Reply #344559 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

great. so how many players can we replace next year??

and im hoping our 2 imports resign because i cant see us improving on what we have. basically we would be either going with or trying to upgrade herbert and helliwell. could we ditch one or both of them and bring in a top type player either points wise or caps wise? im not sure? i guess we are hoping for some big improvements from within the team and for a fully fit and firing balls? eh.

Reply #344560 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Herbert and Helliwell wouldn't combine to give much money. Remember that Helliwell would be on near-minimum and you'll always need someone to replace him (e.g., Daly on minimum) if you get my point.

Reply #344593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Madden forces everything lol ng for sure

Reply #344918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ng Please

Reply #344956 | Report this post

cbomb  
Years ago

I wouldnt take either, NG isnt strong enough for the nbl. yeah hes had a few good games but players destroy him on offence.
madgen needed to come off the bench for another year, hes not an nbl starter, hes getting better with experience tho, he will be alot better in a few years if it doesnt keep going to his head. Madgen over Ng anyday

Reply #345232 | Report this post

Mossy  
Years ago

Darren Ng was too inconsistent. Madgen is the current leading scorer in the NBL, something Ng would never be. Madgen is now getting a potential Boomers role being talked about as well.

Reply #392153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't you love hindsight

Reply #392273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are too many people that post on this site that have no idea about basketball!!!
If anyone seriously thinks NG is a better player and would be better suited for the sixers than Madgen should never be allowed to have an opinion about basketball on this site ever again.
Madgen is not only leading the league in scoring but one of the top 5 in MVP odds so far!!
If he played for the sixers you would find that Weigh would lose all his minutes as I would want Madgen playing at least 30 mins game.
If we had Madgen we would finally have someone who would be comfortable and sucessfull taking the big shots in the 4th quarter!!!

NG versus Madgen is possibly the worst agruement ever made on this site and whoever started it and god forbid whoever actually thinks NG would be better should place a self ban on this site for pure stupidity!!!

Reply #392275 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

NG is, and has always been extremely overrated

Reply #392276 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

This... is funny.

Reply #392277 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:39 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754